any questions about Iran?

I don't think any country would share the knowledge of how to make a nuclear bomb. that just doesn't work. anyway, it's all speculations. we can't really know the future until it comes. January 20th is an important day, let's see what happens next.

North Korea was said to have shared this knowledge with many! Pakistan's man nuclear scientist was caught selling the secrets to the bomb and is on house arrest right now.

Perham,

What are the serious chances that Khatami will run again? If he does want are the odds of him Almadinjad?

Khatami will run for presidency. he even has started going around the country to gain support. if doesn't get assassinated, ahmadinejad doesn't stand a chance against him.

Khatami will run for presidency. he even has started going around the country to gain support. if doesn't get assassinated, ahmadinejad doesn't stand a chance against him.

I sure hope so! I really think Obama and Khatami could make some monumental steps in healing Iran and America's strained ties. I think stronger ties they make could diffuse a lot of the tension in the middle east!:beer:

I sure hope so! I really think Obama and Khatami could make some monumental steps in healing Iran and America's strained ties. I think stronger ties they make could diffuse a lot of the tension in the middle east!:beer:

the enmities are not going to be replaced b friendship overnight. but I so hope that two countries can get closer to each other. I believe that this cold war between two countries is hurting both, and countries like Russia, China, UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are benefiting from this enmity of ours. that's just too stupid to continue. anyway, nations never had problems with each other in the first place. :beer:

Press TV - Obama emerges on path of Iran dialogue

US President-elect Barack Obama has reportedly taken his first step toward beginning diplomatic negotiations with the Islamic Republic.

In a Friday interview with The Washington Times, a State Department official speaking on condition of anonymity said Obama has already devised a line-up of senior diplomats and foreign policy experts to implement his Iran plans.

"The idea is that the position should build on the existing diplomatic framework," said the unnamed State Department official, adding that nominees for a senior Iranian outreach coordinator were discussed in meetings with Secretary of State-designate Hillary Clinton.

Obama has repeatedly promised "a clean break" with the Bush administration's policy of isolating the Islamic Republic. His election as the next US unconditional talks with the Islamic Republic has raised the prospect of Tehran-Washington rapprochement.

The deputy director for the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Patrick Clawson, says US-Iran negotiations may well be in the offing as "there is every indication that they [Obama and members of his team] are seriously considering going this way."

It would lead to a nuclear arms race in the middle east. First it would start with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE and Turkey (all who don't have peachy relations with Iran). Soon, ironically it would move to Iraq. At that point there would be no stopping the free fall. The Lebanon and Syria would be next with Iran's help. Soon Jordan, Libya. How long before real brutal and rogue nations like the Sudan, Mymammar/Burma, Somolia, the Congo etc get them! How long before one goes off? How long before the nuclear winter?

Rice: Arabs want to meet on Iran nukes | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

America, continuing to have arms could lead to a nuclear arms race.

Oh! ~ wait a minute...it already has.

but I would prefer a cake instead of a shoe!

LOL! Welcome. I'm just getting around to reading your thread. I was once very interested in Iran as my best friend was going to school here and was from Tehran. I have a standing invitation to visit and hope to someday. I used to speak a tiny bit of Farsi but I've forgotten it all.
I hope you enjoy this board.

mostly rich people, the revolution had it's effect on them, but that's at best 3% of today's Iran. really, it was more than awful in villages and small cities back then. Iran was just wasting money on useless junk like ceremonies and stuff. if mossadeq's regime could have continue its job, we were among top economies of the world now. besides, today Iran has a very bright and active young force that are changing the country. I've never seen any of these 3rd generation kids wanting a dictatorship back. btw, Islamic republic proclaimed after a democratic referendum with 98% of people voting for it.

Most of my Persian friends families came here to the US just before Kholmeini or right after. They had suffered under the Shah for not supporting him, intellectuals mostly, and yet could not return after he was overthrown. Most will stay here or in Canada forever. Have you ever been to the US or Europe? Do you have any family or friends living abroad?

But if he is assassinated, Ahmadinejad has a chance against him?

Most of my Persian friends families came here to the US just before Kholmeini or right after. They had suffered under the Shah for not supporting him, intellectuals mostly, and yet could not return after he was overthrown. Most will stay here or in Canada forever. Have you ever been to the US or Europe? Do you have any family or friends living abroad?

I've never been outside of iran, I haven't been drafted yet, and I can't get my passport until I finish a year and a half of military service. I have many friends Iranian outside of Iran, mostly in europe. and some of far relatives of mine live in US and canada.

I've never been outside of iran, I haven't been drafted yet, and I can't get my passport until I finish a year and a half of military service. I have many friends Iranian outside of Iran, mostly in europe. and some of far relatives of mine live in US and canada.

Congratulations on your excellent English. I miss the sound of Farsi.It reminded me a bit if French.

Congratulations on your excellent English. I miss the sound of Farsi.It reminded me a bit if French.

thanks. I learned English from an Iranian retired military pilot who have studied in US and was a great guy and a great teacher.

So we read "reading lolita in tehran" for book club last month and I thought when Nafisi left the country in like 1999 the women still had to wear the chador, when did that change?

1993, maybe. women should wear hijab, but the control of hijab we now have in our country, specially in big cities, is so loose that many people just ignore them in many places.

She also made it sound like internet or really a lot of tech was illegal, which they sort of say about China too (censorship) and some other places and I thought that was why there aren't a *lot* of middle easterners and etc on the internet, compared to yanks brits and europeans generally (and aussies).

that's BS. Iran has one of the biggest blogger communities in the world, it's censorship on internet is light and easily breakable, but we don't have infrastructures of high speed internet, and Iranian people don't speak english generally, that's why they come less in english forums and more in Farsi forums. although the youth in Iran is much more culturally advanced and almost every person under 30 can speak and understand english in a acceptable level.

So what gives?

Welcome.

thanks. ;)

I am so glad you came over here from PF. For those who are interested in the history of Iran, a really good book is Persepolis. There is a film by the same name that is also very good.

that was the first thing I did when I joined PF. if you have any questions about Iran, ask, I'll answer. you may want the viewpoint of a 21 year old Iranian living in Tehran. ;)

when i was a young girl me and my 1st ex husband smoked some good weed with some Iranians in Las vegas, do all iranians smoke alot of weed?

when i was a young girl me and my 1st ex husband smoked some good weed with some Iranians in Las vegas, do all iranians smoke alot of weed?

Iranians are more into theriac and heroin, weed is kinda new thing in Iran.

Forum List

Back