any questions about Iran?

that's what everybody is already saying here!! if someone does that on a official tribune, well, he's gonna go to court because of the insult accusations, if ahmadinejad wishes to do that, but unofficially, that's the least annoying thing people say about ahmadinejad everyday!!

Yet he will probably win reelction

that was the first thing I did when I joined PF. if you have any questions about Iran, ask, I'll answer. you may want the viewpoint of a 21 year old Iranian living in Tehran. ;)

In the upcoming Iranian Presidential elections who is going to go against Alamnutjob on the reformer side? Khatami seemed like a good strong, smart and moderate leader! He didn't seem like a pragmatist at all! Any chance he will run again? Correct me if I am wrong, but Iran's constitution has a 2 consecutive term limit. What about Ali Larjami, the reformer new speaker of the Parliament, any chance he will run? Also I have read that the Ayatollahs have the final say in whether or not to disqualify a candidate! What are the chances that the Ayatollahs allow a competent reformer to run against Alamnutjob?

Also on a personal note, what are your views of the Jews and Israel?

In the upcoming Iranian Presidential elections who is going to go against Alamnutjob on the reformer side? Khatami seemed like a good strong, smart and moderate leader! He didn't seem like a pragmatist at all! Any chance he will run again? Correct me if I am wrong, but Iran's constitution has a 2 consecutive term limit. What about Ali Larjami, the reformer new speaker of the Parliament, any chance he will run? Also I have read that the Ayatollahs have the final say in whether or not to disqualify a candidate! What are the chances that the Ayatollahs allow a competent reformer to run against Alamnutjob?

several potential candidates, but IMO khatami and karrubi are important ones from the reformers side, and ahmadinejad from the conservative side would be the most important candidate. others, even if participate, doesn't stand a chance. in fact, no one stands a chance against khatami, he's a very popular person in Iran. larijani declined his candidacy, and rafsanjani would be more than 75 years in the election day and is not eligible to be a candidate according to law. and, no one can disqualify a popular candidate, they just don't take the risk to do so.
in Iran, someone can be president only for 2 consecutive terms, but he can participate again after a term. that means, khatami can be president after the ahmadinejad's term.

Also on a personal note, what are your views of the Jews and Israel?

I don't have any problem with jews in general. and I think that Israel should go back to 1948's lines and we should have two separate and sovereign states of Israel and Palestine there. and there should be no war whatsoever.

several potential candidates, but IMO khatami and karrubi are important ones from the reformers side, and ahmadinejad from the conservative side would be the most important candidate. others, even if participate, doesn't stand a chance. in fact, no one stands a chance against khatami, he's a very popular person in Iran. larijani declined his candidacy, and rafsanjani would be more than 75 years in the election day and is not eligible to be a candidate according to law. and, no one can disqualify a popular candidate, they just don't take the risk to do so.
in Iran, someone can be president only for 2 consecutive terms, but he can participate again after a term. that means, khatami can be president after the ahmadinejad's term.

you say that you dont wan t ahmadinejad to win relection. i s he that bad a persiident? what politique abaout him dont you like.

you say that you dont wan t ahmadinejad to win relection. i s he that bad a persiident? what politique abaout him dont you like.

despite from political views, his economic team was a total failure, ruining the country.

politically, he is so radical, and in this situation we need a moderate president. khatami is a well known international politician and can definitely help country during this hard time.

I don't have any problem with jews in general. and I think that Israel should go back to 1948's lines and we should have two separate and sovereign states of Israel and Palestine there. and there should be no war whatsoever.

this are good thing,why dont this b e done long time befojr?Presiident Carter h e go to Palestine an d Israel i n few days, d o you think President carter can help i n sovereign states?

Last edited:
this are good thing,why dont this b e done long time befojr?Presiident Carter h e go to Palestine an d Israel i n few days, d o you think President carter can help i n sovereign states?

I honestly don't know, they are extremely radical hate-mongers on both sides, I think the first thing to do is to deport all the extremists from both nations, and then they can go ahead with a peace plan.

are you aware 911 was a false flag operation an inside job

I haven't seen enough proof from both sides of the story, therefore, I'd rather not comment on what I'm not sure about. but I definitely welcome any debates about that. ;)

if I was America, I would stop Iran from getting nukes in anyway I could, at any cost. the reason behind this is not the threats media trying to propagate, but because a powerful and sovereign Iran could change the situation in middle east so much that Israel and US cannot afford. a powerful Iran in middle east means that Arab countries could count on a regional power for protection, and Arab people would see what a revolution can do with a puppet dictatorship. that means instability in those countries, and perhaps regime change, leading to a powerful united middle east that Israel can no longer stand against, and that is cutting the influence of foreign countries in middle east, and very much means the control of oil in the hands of an independent entity, and downfall of western economic superiority. if Iran gets the nukes, the stupidest thing to do is to wage a war, exactly when he can use this awesome potential to make a superpower. so, first, believe me, if Iran could have been stopped by a little air strike, it would have been done already, second, Iran would not use nukes to destroy his only chance to become powerful, third, don't believe everything your mass media says.

You believe all that from Iran getting nukes? The opposite would happen. The Iraqis, Jordanians, Egyptians, Saudi Arabians, UAE (who have territory disputes with Iran), Turks and even Sunni Syrians would be more fearful of an atomic Iran, bringing them closer to the West and America. Iran would get isolated more than she is now!

Oh the Black gold! Inventors in the west are working night and day to get an electric car. Ford is rolling out the first all electric car - the Volt! How long before the other big Two (after the bailout) and the Japanese 2 follow suit? France is producing the first compress air cars, Israel is starting the transformation for gas stations to electric power stations. Soon the black gold will be fool's gold. Seems like the world is finally moving that direction. America will being sending Iran, Saudia Arabia, Russia, Venezuela and OPEC an economic nuclear bomb. Only the UAE is smart enough to start preparing for that day!

so what is it like to be a 21 yr old male in iran...are you in the military...are you aware that there are posters are this board who call for killing extreme radical islamics..of course they say radical extreme but in reality they will consider any muslims that...
Yes but Iran has problems with Islamic terrorist organizations itself. I wish I could find the article, but Sunni Al Qaeda has made numerous threats against Shia Iran in the past!

what is your view on this incident

The Secret Government (CIA Overthrow of Mossadeq)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGCJmCAJ40]YouTube - The Secret Government (CIA Overthrow of Mossadeq)[/ame]

iranians arent arab? okay i got to get to work but guess what...i have net...i think this morning at work...on going story there....so are you islamic....have i gotten confused?

Wait, you did know that? They are Persians! You know that Afghanis are Arabs either right?
Yet you speak on the subject many times!

Last edited:
nooo way. we make sure of that.

Yep, I heard that Alamnutjob has done for the Iranian conservative party what GWB has done for the Republican party! As the reformer just took the Parliament and Ali Larjami, a reformer, just became Speaker! However, can't the Ayatollahs disqualify whoever they want from running in the elections?

I hope Khatami runs and wins again. I listen to a speech he made and he seems very level headed and highly intellectual. I think Obama and Khatami could do some good btw the 2 countries!

I like that approach, although '48 lines are not the discussion, rather the '67 lines are!

Forum List

Back