Any Pols support growing hemp for fuel?

Hemp is an excellent crop because of its varied uses, food, fuel and fiber. It doesn't require as much water as most crops, doesn't deplete the soil like most crops and does not require the pesticides that traditional crops do.

Food?

Food for who/what?

I understand it is an important ingredient for brownies......

Sometime soon MJ will be legal again.

Funny, but the truth is the seeds from Hemp can be used as a basic food stock much like Rice, or Corn.

Fuel for what? Anybody know how petroleum was created? It's the breakdown of millions of years of organic matter. A couple of acres of corn or a couple of hundred acres of corn or a couple of million acres of corn is laughable. There is no way a crop of anything can substitute for petroleum except in the soft minds of radical envirocrats who probably burn too much hemp anyway.

Fuel for what? Anybody know how petroleum was created? It's the breakdown of millions of years of organic matter. A couple of acres of corn or a couple of hundred acres of corn or a couple of million acres of corn is laughable. There is no way a crop of anything can substitute for petroleum except in the soft minds of radical envirocrats who probably burn too much hemp anyway.

Fuel for what? Seriously? Fuel for automobiles and other energy needs.

Actually, quite a few products can supplement fossil fuels, reducing our need for foreign oil. Every little bit helps, but Americans with a "can't do" attitude like yours aren't even willing to take baby steps. Why?

Not sure how true because I read it in High Times years ago, but supposedly the hemp plant absorbs as much CO2 as a full grown evergreen

What I heard was certain Plants like Corn and Hemp put off about 4 times as much Oxygen as other plants, and therefore act as a very good filter. Taking in tons of CO2 and pumping out O2

Fuel for what? Seriously? Fuel for automobiles and other energy needs.

Actually, quite a few products can supplement fossil fuels, reducing our need for foreign oil. Every little bit helps, but Americans with a "can't do" attitude like yours aren't even willing to take baby steps. Why?

Actually according to 1 study I read the US could supply all it's vehicals with Hemp based fuel Growing it only in the bad lands of North and South Dakota.

Forum List

Back