Question About An Interesting Bible Verse

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
I grew up Catholic, but I'm no longer Catholic, I'm agnostic. But I was thinking about this particular verse and how weird it is.

Luke 9:58
And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

What does it mean? The guys on Ancient Aliens talk a lot about how we may have been "brought here," to Earth. And other ancient texts mention things along these lines as well. Ancient alien proponents would probably take it to mean that Earth isn't our actual home, that somewhere else was our original home.

I'm assuming Christians might interpret this to mean that our home is with God, not here on Earth. But that seems a bit convenient and not really what Jesus was talking about. If it were, he would've been more explicit with that.

Anyway, I realize there was at least a 30-50 year gap between the time Jesus allegedly was here and when one word was written about him, but it's still a captivating verse at any rate. There are still lots of curious anomalies and interesting things in the Bible, especially in the books that were taken out.

I take the verse literally.

He had no home if Joseph were dead. His mother probably moved in with in-laws.

I grew up Catholic, but I'm no longer Catholic, I'm agnostic. But I was thinking about this particular verse and how weird it is.

And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

What does it mean? The guys on Ancient Aliens talk a lot about how we may have been "brought here," to Earth. And other ancient texts mention things along these lines as well. Ancient alien proponents would probably take it to mean that Earth isn't our actual home, that somewhere else was our original home.

I'm assuming Christians might interpret this to mean that our home is with God, not here on Earth. But that seems a bit convenient and not really what Jesus was talking about. If it were, he would've been more explicit with that.

Anyway, I realize there was at least a 30-50 year gap between the time Jesus allegedly was here and when one word was written about him, but it's still a captivating verse at any rate. There are still lots of curious anomalies and interesting things in the Bible, especially in the books that were taken out.
Son of Man meaning that which is the spiritual portion that is born in Man (the spiritual Man Gen 1:27 a breath of eternal breath creates the living soul Gen 2:7 in the human-adam). The spirit of the Son of Man is Jehovah's salvation with us = Jesus, works continually without rest day and night in the human to save the eternal Man- that portion created of God's breath. If examining the word one can see that the Lord's spirit is speaking to that portion which is the host Ezekiel among the captives by the river Chebar-(that which is 'far-off' is being joined to in time; it also is written how pharaoh was removed preserved for a day of the future- not slain when the Israelite's-contenders cross the Red Sea- you can find this in the Book of Enoch or Book of Jasher. That part on pharaoh- being the host which is a great king with a little light or lantern). Ezekiel-(God strengthens or God will strengthen who is the begotten of Buzi 'my contempt') is being talked to as the Son of Man Eze 2:1 these are the words heard by the spirit in this man who receives the holy revelation.

The writings were not taken out as much as they were checked and double check to be consistent; especially for those without a spirit to fully understand (it wasn't meant to be at that season in time). How big can one book be in order to make it that anyone could get a copy of it and universal enough that most could read it? The continuation of the search for the spirit within [Luke 17 kingdom of heaven in you] does not end with just one writing, and the confirmation from the Dead Sea scrolls were not available to those writers at the time the KJV was written. It took until 1611 to get that first version of the English translation compiled, and there was the commercially rivalry involved then too over whose version would fly (have spiritual wings).

Our home is with God with us. Internal peace regardless of what is happening around us with a faith in time we will be perfected into that image of the first-born of God. These are steps in time and season. Few have been taught about the spiritual host in them as many have not been given to understand this portion over the years as it wasn't time yet.

Its a big ole' universe and the spirit of god isn't limited yet we sure can have a hard to perceiving any of it because we are not prepared to do that as we grow up in the world here. We are taught about how to get into the commerce game but have not been taught the spiritual aspects of so many things that happen in our lives.

When something is on your heart search it out intently. That is what I had to do when I asked to know the absolute truth regardless of how ugly some things were that I had just put aside in order to keep going forth.

I was probably reading too much into that verse.

Gee... ya think?

IMG_8154.png

The keephas and the ducheephath were actual critters and yet are also spiritually manifested as some have seen them. The ducheephath were in the caves when Saul (the spiritual host of the son) aka duke Anah (the spiritual host for portion of the carnal flesh- dukes or duchees places/locations in the spirit that have laws of their own) goes out to hunt for the lost asses. Were they spiritually manifested or actual beings, who knows but there are some interesting bones found in history that are written about and some people today have seen these strange creatures, and wondered if they were nutz as they describe what they have seen.

1)Jesus(whichever figure is being used as) and the apostles were speaking of son of man third person tense as another in new name. How odd to say new namen why?
2)"Son of" is used for last name prefix to denote heritage/location.
'man' is the original transliteration prefix to the name that became in the Holy City Shalem. This is why it says David named his 2 sons after Shalem one being 'Solomon'.
The Moshiach is in the name of the city means the prefix of Moschiach is 'man' thus cakled son of man, calling it a new name meaning lost in transliteration.
3)Shalem is the Evening Star (Michael)
the one in the story of the Jacob Pillar
(lia fail) used as a head rest, known as the coronation stone used for coronation of Kings.
Hence son of man has no Temple in his name (Mikdash) nor kingship to lay ones roots toward ones heritage right. The throne stone, pillar head rest of Jacob has not been returned to Israel, it sits at the place I keep posting pics of the hills of Tara in Ireland.
liapic.gif
tmp_24330-1443226603-1060501146.png

sources:
1)that he wasn't son of man that he was emulating (like unto)-rev1:13,rev22:16
2)that son of Man will not be in the person of Jesus, but in a different incarnation involving a totally different human being LUKE 6:5, 9:26 , 9:55-56, 12:10 , 17:30 , 18:8, 22:69, John 3:13, Matthew 25:11-13, Mark 14:62
and Mathew20:28.

The context of Luke 9:58-62 can be summed up as the Cost of Discipleship. Jesus was an itinerant preacher, rather unusual in that time. Most people traveled to the rabbi/prophet/speaker. We see this in stories of John the Baptist. Jesus traveled to the people and had no permanent home. He was pointing this out to a man who said he was interested in joining Jesus.

The verse then goes on to address the man who says, I'd like to join--but it's going to have to wait until my father dies. (Apparently the man's father did not agree with Jesus' or his mission.) Jesus said that won't work either. Don't let anything delay you from following him. Third, Jesus addresses those who might want to follow him, but keep looking back at their past life and what they gave up to follow Jesus. Jesus compared this to a farmer who ploughed while looking backward which would result, not in straight rows, but crooked ones.

Therefore, I don't think the verse is about our home is with God, not on earth. I think Jesus is telling us that if we truly want to follow him and be his disciples, we have to look at the realities we may face here on earth to be a true disciple.

The context of Luke 9:58-62 can be summed up as the Cost of Discipleship. Jesus was an itinerant preacher, rather unusual in that time. Most people traveled to the rabbi/prophet/speaker. We see this in stories of John the Baptist. Jesus traveled to the people and had no permanent home. He was pointing this out to a man who said he was interested in joining Jesus.

The verse then goes on to address the man who says, I'd like to join--but it's going to have to wait until my father dies. (Apparently the man's father did not agree with Jesus' or his mission.) Jesus said that won't work either. Don't let anything delay you from following him. Third, Jesus addresses those who might want to follow him, but keep looking back at their past life and what they gave up to follow Jesus. Jesus compared this to a farmer who ploughed while looking backward which would result, not in straight rows, but crooked ones.

Therefore, I don't think the verse is about our home is with God, not on earth. I think Jesus is telling us that if we truly want to follow him and be his disciples, we have to look at the realities we may face here on earth to be a true disciple.

Not true, supposedly Capernaum was his home. (as opposed to the claim of not yet built Nazareth).
Sources:
hometown liken to Soddom:
Matthew 4:13
Matthew 11:23
Matthew 17:24
Mark 1:21,2:1

Not true, supposedly Capernaum was his home. (as opposed to the claim of not yet built Nazareth).
Sources:
hometown liken to Soddom:
Matthew 4:13
Matthew 11:23
Matthew 17:24
Mark 1:21,2:1

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but it appears you missed my point. Didn't say Jesus was never in Capernaum. Follow the Gospels. He traveled.

Last edited:
The average human needs to learn how to build a shelter in order to feel secure.
Animals have instinct.

Forum List

Back