Antiwar and freedom.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was out at the other message boards tonight discussing the "AntiWar" protests going on yesterday.

First, Why on earth these people think that less then 1/2% of the world protesting is going to make us pull out of Iraq is mind boggling.

Second, Why on earth us pulling out of Iraq is going to stop war, quite the opposite. the region will be in Chaos.

Third, How anyone can think its unjust to take out a ruthless dictator who kills and rapes his people is beyond me.

Fourth, I made a comment on how we will never have world peace without freedom in all of the world. And someone actually told me that some people around the world dont want freedom. I was just like, right. Im sure there are so many people who dont want to speak their mind, practice their religion freely, meet with other likeminded indivudials. Im sure there are so many people who want to live in fear of being killed or raped everyday. That right, there are some people who dont want to be free.

How on earth can these people not be seen as extremists?

How on earth can these people not be seen as extremists?
because it is your error to lump them all together based against an isolated, flawed arguement.

it's not a matter of 'wanting' to be free, it's the means.

is 'free' also meaning that they can visit virtually anywhere in the world like americans can?

you wanting everyone to be 'free', sounds like hippie rhetoric to me. you've got to know the global capitalism infrastructure depends on repressive governments to keep our wal marts rolling. :laugh:

Hey Spill,
a free world would be a peaceful world. It has been shown over the past 200 hundered years that democracies are the most stable and peaceful forms of government. Yes democracies go to war but not with each other. Two democracies have NEVER in the history of the world gone to war with each other. NEVER. That sounds like a pretty peaceful and stable form of Govt. And the reason it is so peaceful and stable is because of the "freedoms" it's citizens enjoy. So yes if we set the world free from teranny and opression the world would be a much safer and peaceful place. however some americans and most of Europe doesn't have the foresight or the stomach to maek sure the world is a better palce tommorow. Becasue guess what the world is a much better place w/o the Taliban and Saddam. Some would rather those people were still in power so america would still be liked in the UN and Europe. F the UN and F Europe, we saw that a threat existed and we could ill affford to sit back and wait to get attacked again.

KC, I see your point your making but in reality thats not saying alot considering the USA is considered the first true democracy and we're only around 220 years young. Compared to the timeline and history of the world, thats a blink of an eye.

yes you're right. the democratice form of govt hasn't been around that long and I may be proved wrong in the future. But the fact that a democratically elected govt. I mean a representitave Govt who has been stable, so basically the US and Western Europe. We haven't killed eachother yet. But i think my argument still holds water. So far in the history of the world only one world governments and shady european kingdoms have been abel to keep peace possiable and the Euopeans did a pretty shitty job of it, hell so did the Romans and the greeks. Come to think of it no one nation or alliance has been able to keep the peace, hell not even the UN can stop war and dealth. Shit man i bet a one world govt coudn't stop wars. I'm sad now, and i had so much hope for humanity. How naive I was:(

Any way I still think that the world would be MORE safe if we all were democracies. Not less:)

Forum List

Back