Antivirus Live -- Nastiest Virus I've ever seen

Wait, it's 2010 and some people still use internet explorer? :eusa_eh:

I happen to have pretty good anti-virus and security suite stuff, but this nasty malicious malware crap got past my defenses.

On the other hand, I also have a Mozilla Firefox browser which did NOT get hit, so I was able to use THAT browser (despite the stuff that kept otherwise impeding my OS) to get to the web-sites where I found the cure, and I could do the downloads (especially after going into safe-mode-with-networking).

I would recommend that EVERYONE have at least one good functioning alternative browser available on each computer.

I happen to have pretty good anti-virus and security suite stuff, but this nasty malicious malware crap got past my defenses.

On the other hand, I also have a Mozilla Firefox browser which did NOT get hit, so I was able to use THAT browser (despite the stuff that kept otherwise impeding my OS) to get to the web-sites where I found the cure, and I could do the downloads (especially after going into safe-mode-with-networking).

I would recommend that EVERYONE have at least one good functioning alternative browser available on each computer.

I disowned IE a long time ago. I use Firefox on my desktop and Safari on my Mac.

Just recently, European Governments such as France and Germany came out against IE saying they were a security risk to people's computers.

Firefox is my main browser. I also have chrome (had to see what the buzz was about, but don't really use it) and I also still have IE (but never used, other than to go and download FF and Chrome).

yea, the virus didnt effect firefox. after i did a restore i did a virus/spyware scan and it found 4 viruses which were removed. my comp is running much better.

I think computer virus infections should count as eletronic darwin awards. anyone dumb enough to get hit by a virus deserves it

I think computer virus infections should count as eletronic darwin awards. anyone dumb enough to get hit by a virus deserves it
It appears you just won a eletronic darwin award for one of the truely stupid things I have seen anyone post.

Most virus come in secretly, nobody 'allows' them and they quite often find ways around security.

I had one of those horrible malwar viruses a year or so ago.

Never did figure out how I got it.

Like some of you it blew past my antivirus software and took over the box.

Nasty stuff, that.

I downloaded Malware and followed the instructions but was unable to remove the program.

I brought it to the local tech store and they were able to save most of my son's files and wipe and replace the hard drive.

That's life.

He bought himself a 500G external hard drive because the House music his DJ friends sent him was irreplaceable. He also bought a new lap top and runs Linux on it. He's way smarter than I am.

Nasty stuff, that.
I had an atytempt yesterday when I was looking at the VH1 website, updated Norton caught it.

It appears you just won a eletronic darwin award for one of the truely stupid things I have seen anyone post.

Most virus come in secretly, nobody 'allows' them and they quite often find ways around security.

you have to perform actions that allow them to execute. whether they are silent or not after that is irrelevant.

you have to perform actions that allow them to execute. whether they are silent or not after that is irrelevant.

You mean like searching on the internet, opening e-mail from a "trusted source" or plugging in a new memory stick, etc..................

You mean like searching on the internet, opening e-mail from a "trusted source" or plugging in a new memory stick, etc..................

you can search safely, its easy to look at headers to see if an email is spoofed, and you should zero then format any new memory stick you get and in case you have to plug in other people you should have auto run & u3 disabled so none of the files execute on plug in. I haven't used anti virus in years and never had an issue

you can search safely, its easy to look at headers to see if an email is spoofed, and you should zero then format any new memory stick you get and in case you have to plug in other people you should have auto run & u3 disabled so none of the files execute on plug in. I haven't used anti virus in years and never had an issue

*Blank stare* You just don't get it, do ya. Did have a dose of rdean for breakfast?
(BTW I know what you are talking about. Clue: How many others know? Hint, hint.)

Nasty stuff, that.

I had one that pretended to be my antivirus

Forum List

Back