ipad

Looks interesting. Good price point. Will kill the kindle and other such tablet gadgets.

however, I have to say.. I think the whole touchscreen thing is a bit too gimmicky to last. It's one of the reasons I've been hating cell phones lately. I'm waiting for this feature to go the way of virtual reality.

didn't they make an MadTV skit with something called an iPad? Mind you, a different type of pad lol.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BUH9eXy18[/ame]

I think it's awesome. I want one.

I wish it hooked to a printer though.

Now that I've had some time to think about it. I'll probably be waiting for the second or third generation to come out. I'll wait for the first buyers to find all the bugs and tell Apple what features need to be in the future models.

-TSO

I wish it multi-threaded. Having only one app open at a time is not very appealing. I'd prefer a Mac OS X version instead of the iphone OS. Apple controls all apps for it via itunes, another unattractive aspect.

I wish it multi-threaded. Having only one app open at a time is not very appealing. I'd prefer a Mac OS X version instead of the iphone OS. Apple controls all apps for it via itunes, another unattractive aspect.

The problem with a product like this is that it will be judged against the most powerful laptops instead of a product like the Kindle. It weighs a pound and a half. Everyone will have an ability it just must have for it to be worth purchasing. The fact that it is aimed at a specific market isn't allowed, it must do everything and not weigh anything or else it's a ripoff. It replaces printed material perfectly. For a student in college, it will eventually replace carrying around all of the text books required for their classes, hopefully a huge savings in the cost of those same books. For the traveler that uses a computer to watch movies and play around on the internet, check emails, etc., it is a light weight beautiful machine that is perfect for what they need and easily transported, like a couple of magazines. But, you will also be able to order movies, music, and books with it while flying across the ocean to where ever.

The point of this machine was to make it light enough to be a replacement for reading material with a spectacular LED screen that will make it a lot more. Every thing that others want(camera), makes it weigh more. I'm sure most of the questions about it were thought about by the designers and it was decided at this time that the product they are offering was the best that could be produced at this time.

i would'nt mind having one.they where all sold out fast.now every one is waiting on them.reminds me of christmas when something comes out every one wants.but sales out to fast.or not enough ordered.

I went to the Apple store Saturday night, just before closing...... it was packed with people. I had to wait quite a while to take the iPad for a spin and they had at least 30 of them for people to play with. It has a very different quality to it. It is incredibly well built, beautiful, the screen is ridiculously gorgeous and the "touch" ability works very well. I really enjoyed messing around with it and will probably get one eventually...... I can wait until the next generation though. It definitely has great potential, especially for college students who will be able to get their text books on it........ publishers will have incredible freedom to fill it with great photos, illustrations, etc. Med students will be able to get anatomy books that will out do anything in print. It will be fun to see what third party aps and accessories will be created for it........ it's a great start.

I've talked to a lot of people that realize that they have very little need for a traditional computer and feel this is the machine they want to carry, travel with and share with others.

This gadget has no real useful functionality. It's a giant iPhone that doesn't make phone calls. It only runs apps from the Apple Store, you can install your own software to it. There is no ability to import files. It's quite simply a great idea gone really, really bad. Apple would have been better off developing a real computer with the same design. You know...one that can run office suites, real games, etc. Plus, they released it without 3G, even though the 3G model is coming out very soon. What was the point of releasing an unfinished product? They did the same with the iPhone, and it really pissed me off.

This gadget has no real useful functionality. It's a giant iPhone that doesn't make phone calls. It only runs apps from the Apple Store, you can install your own software to it. There is no ability to import files. It's quite simply a great idea gone really, really bad. Apple would have been better off developing a real computer with the same design. You know...one that can run office suites, real games, etc. Plus, they released it without 3G, even though the 3G model is coming out very soon. What was the point of releasing an unfinished product? They did the same with the iPhone, and it really pissed me off.

Here you go........ good luck with that.........YouTube - Why the HP Slate is better than the IPad

Forum List

Back