Anti-Romney film.

The GOP hates working people.

That's why they want to privatize Social Security and Medicare and destroy the unions.

Here is a ball buster for you.

If SS had been privatized for that ten percent.

THERE WOULD BE MONEY IN THE FUND.

And there you have it folks! Joey argues that when a business is failing, loosing money, and showing no signs of becoming competitive, investors should keep the business open anyway...so nobody loses their job. Oh what a competitive, thriving nation we would become!

The voice of the compassionate Left has spoken. This is the mentality we're dealing with here. Tell you what 'lil Joe, feel free to invest your own money in failing businesses and we'll see how long you last. Best of luck.

If you can't run it honestly, then you shouldn't run it. If looting it is what you are doing, which is exactly what Bain did with AmPad when they left the investors and banks with worthless paper, while they pocketed millions.

How about this. We have a fraud trial, and the jury is 12 guys who lost their jobs and homes because of this kind of behavior. That seems reasonably fair to me.

Red herring alert! No, no Joey boy, stick with your convictions. You've made it clear that you believe investors are obligated to support failing businesses. Oh our economy is going to be SO great under your plan. Just fantastic!

:cuckoo:

And there you have it folks! Joey argues that when a business is failing, loosing money, and showing no signs of becoming competitive, investors should keep the business open anyway...so nobody loses their job. Oh what a competitive, thriving nation we would become!

The voice of the compassionate Left has spoken. This is the mentality we're dealing with here. Tell you what 'lil Joe, feel free to invest your own money in failing businesses and we'll see how long you last. Best of luck.

If you can't run it honestly, then you shouldn't run it. If looting it is what you are doing, which is exactly what Bain did with AmPad when they left the investors and banks with worthless paper, while they pocketed millions.

How about this. We have a fraud trial, and the jury is 12 guys who lost their jobs and homes because of this kind of behavior. That seems reasonably fair to me.

Red herring alert! No, no Joey boy, stick with your convictions. You've made it clear that you believe investors are obligated to support failing businesses. Oh our economy is going to be SO great under your plan. Just fantastic!

If investors aren't willing to make a commitment to make the company work, they should sell to someone who is. Which isn't what Romney did with AmPad. He used AmPad's good name to hoodwink the banks into loaning them a lot of money and then walked away from the debt, leaving hundreds of unemployed people in their wake.

But keep going with "I likes to fires people" as your mantra, see how far that gets you.

If investors aren't willing to make a commitment to make the company work, they should sell to someone who is. Which isn't what Romney did with AmPad. He used AmPad's good name to hoodwink the banks into loaning them a lot of money and then walked away from the debt, leaving hundreds of unemployed people in their wake.

But keep going with "I likes to fires people" as your mantra, see how far that gets you.

Of course, investors should LOSE money if a job is at stake. You're soooooooo right! I just can't wait until everyone feels like you and the economy thrives. This is going to be great!

Of course, investors should LOSE money if a job is at stake. You're soooooooo right! I just can't wait until everyone feels like you and the economy thrives. This is going to be great!

We keep hearing from you guys how briliant these folks are. So a few rules to protect the rest of us from them, they should be able to live with. Just like they live with those silly rules that say they can't put lead in the water and can't have machines that slice off people's arms....

We keep hearing from you guys how briliant these folks are. So a few rules to protect the rest of us from them, they should be able to live with. Just like they live with those silly rules that say they can't put lead in the water and can't have machines that slice off people's arms....

No, no, no...YOU'RE the brilliant one! You've convinced us all that those silly investors shouldn't be looking to make a profit...why that's just dumb! Gosh I'm all tingly inside - I just can't wait to see the brilliance of your plan in action. No more investing to make a return, only to provide a job. It's going to be GREAT! Thanks for your superior insight and intelligence. We're in awe.

No, no, no...YOU'RE the brilliant one! You've convinced us all that those silly investors shouldn't be looking to make a profit...why that's just dumb! Gosh I'm all tingly inside - I just can't wait to see the brilliance of your plan in action. No more investing to make a return, only to provide a job. It's going to be GREAT! Thanks for your superior insight and intelligence. We're in awe.

It strikes me that if you invest in a company and you can't keep the doors open, you were committing a fraud by investing in it.

You know, there's a reason why we have an SEC that regulates this kind of nonsense. If they weren't asleep at teh wheel half the time, which is how we keep running the car into the ditch.

It strikes me that if you invest in a company and you can't keep the doors open, you were committing a fraud by investing in it.

You know, there's a reason why we have an SEC that regulates this kind of nonsense. If they weren't asleep at teh wheel half the time, which is how we keep running the car into the ditch.

Just when I couldn't think you were more of an anti-capitalist leftist ...

Sorry, I was wondering when the defense of fraud became a Capitalist talking point.

What Bain did at AmPad was fraud. I think if they came in and told them what they planned to do from the get-go, no one would have sold them their stock.

Of course Joey! You're so damn smart it's scary. YES! We should prosecute anyone that invests in a business that doesn't succeed. What a brilliant idea! Can you image how much capital will flow into the American economy with your plan? It's gonna be great!

Keep these wonderful ideas coming, they're priceless.

Of course Joey! You're so damn smart it's scary. YES! We should prosecute anyone that invests in a business that doesn't succeed. What a brilliant idea! Can you image how much capital will flow into the American economy with your plan? It's gonna be great!

If the 'investment' in the company is bait, and the investors do what Romney is purported to have done, it maybe fraud but it sure ain't moral. Since the R's claim to be the party of morality and traditional values, it seems a bit contradictory that so many would support such evil.

Watch the film offered in OP. I call what was done to the victims in the name of Capitalism and profit EVIL.

Wow, personal insults. Always the sign of a losing argument.

What insult? You claimed that people with money push those without money around. So do they in your personal life?

Actually, ask the leftwingers here. I'm pretty much on the right on most issues.

I go by what you post. You post idiocy that is typical of the ignorant left.

My issue is not jealously, it's simple pragmatism.

Bullshit.

Regardless of what you have, the fact that there are some with more than you drives you to rage.

A society with no middle class is doomed to chaos.

Is that why you of the left attack the Bourgeoisie, the middle class? Who does Little Lord Barry hob-nob with? Certainly not the middle class. The left promotes an absolute elitism, where the 1% rule the 99% with no one in the middle.

One only need look at history to see that.

Yet you are abjectly ignorant of history and economics. You spout populist propaganda spoon fed to you from the leftist hate sites.

I don't worry that someone has more than I have. I worry that in their greed to get more, they take everything that isn't nailed down, and I have to worry someone might break into my house at night to take my TV because they can't get a decent job.

I don't see any posts by you calling for better police protection, I see you demanding that the government take by force from anyone who has more than you. You operate purely on greed and envy. You cannot abide with the idea that there are others with more than you.

I look at the America I grew up in, one where people had good middle class wages and middle class jobs, solid families and solid values. But a middle class is the solid basis of that.

Yawn, more leftist bullshit.

So who had more purchasing power, a minimum wage worker in 1950, or one today? How about one from 1980?

And people like Reversable Mittens are the ones who have been demolishing it.

Why hasn't your Messiah® made it all perfect? You swore he would! But things are worse than the day he took office, so what gives?

If the 'investment' in the company is bait, and the investors do what Romney is purported to have done, it maybe fraud...

Then the other investors have a legitimate action against Bain. Has a lawsuit been filed? I honestly don't know.

Tell us, do you, like Joey, advocate for the idea that investors should be prosecuted for fraud if their investment fails to keep an operation up and running? Cuz that's just the best idea I've ever heard...you?

Sorry, I was wondering when the defense of fraud became a Capitalist talking point.

What Bain did at AmPad was fraud. I think if they came in and told them what they planned to do from the get-go, no one would have sold them their stock.

It's not fraud no matter how much you want to Kangaroo Court capitalists.

Fail.

Yeah, because we are doing so well as a country doing it your way? Really?

Moron.

I'd love to go back to the 1960's where the wealthy were taxed, regulated and had to deal with working folks on an equal basis. We were awesome as a country back then.

It's not fraud no matter how much you want to Kangaroo Court capitalists.

Fail.

Nothing wrong with that. Make examples of a few people. The next guy will think twice.

I mean, sweet Evil Jesus, they prosecuted Ken Lay until he keeled over and died. And every company I've worked for has made sure they ain't ever gonna repeat that mistake.

Regardless of what you have, the fact that there are some with more than you drives you to rage.

No, what drives me to rage is my beloved country, which my family has served in the military for two generations, is in decline, because of the greed of a few. It isn't about m y personal materialism, I'm probalby the least materialistic person you'd ever meet.

Is that why you of the left attack the Bourgeoisie, the middle class? Who does Little Lord Barry hob-nob with? Certainly not the middle class. The left promotes an absolute elitism, where the 1% rule the 99% with no one in the middle.

Huh? That's just bizarre. When I mean middle class, I mean working guys bringing home good wages and living in good houses.

I don't see any posts by you calling for better police protection, I see you demanding that the government take by force from anyone who has more than you. You operate purely on greed and envy. You cannot abide with the idea that there are others with more than you.

Because I reailze the "lock them up for cheap labor for Corporations" shit doesn't work, either. We lock up nearly 2 million people. More than ANY country in the world. Yet we have one of the world's highest crime rates. Meanwhile a country like Germany only locks up 80,000 people. About a tenth per capita of what we lock up. What are they doing right that we are doing wrong.

So who had more purchasing power, a minimum wage worker in 1950, or one today? How about one from 1980?

Oh, that's easy. The guy from 1950, obviously. Hell, even in 1980, the Min Wage wasn't that bad. I worked two Min Wage jobs and was able to use them to get through college. That would never happen today.

Why hasn't your Messiah® made it all perfect? You swore he would! But things are worse than the day he took office, so what gives?

Why do you assume any criticism of the Weird Mormon Robot is automatically an endorsement of the Community Organizer? Are you really that limited in your thinking?

Forum List

Back