Anti-Romney film.

I'm guessing you're not a venture capitalist.

Well, it would of failed either way as any business that would of want to bain were about ready to. Romney saved 78 percent of the businesses that came for help!

That is a record that OBAMA NEVER HAD. Obama fucked up for 2 1/2 years with our economy and job market. Romney helped save many, many businesses. So what if a few don't make it. That is life.

The left would destroy capitalism anyways. Newt Gingrich is finished, :mad:

Nope, just a workin' Joe hoping the "brain trusts" don't fuck things up more than they already do.

Well, unless you're working for the government, your employer most likely relied on venture capital/investment bankers to build the business. Very few entrepreneurs can launch businesses solely using their own cash. You can therefore thank a VC for making your workin' Joe job possible.

I'm still waiting for the better version the Democrats will do in the fall, but this is pretty nasty.

When Mitt Romney Came to Town

I liked the scene where they describe how they destroyed KB Toys, and they have the kid watching a report it's closing down and he looks like he's going to cry.

They 'destroyed' a company that was failing. The company destroyed itself. They salvaged what they could - for a profit, which was more than the owners were able to do.

Overly emotional bullshit does not equate to facts.

Idiot.

Joe, your so desperate to see Mitt go down (which I don't judge you for) that your letting that desperation cloud your view of what conservatives should stand for.

Look into the records of Bain and see for yourself they were not only a net gain for most firms they delt with but there success rate far exceeded the success rate of new business start ups. The companies that Bain took over were going to collapse regardless without the risk of being taken over by Bain.

A simple analogy would be a person/s that buys up old delapidated property and changes it then sells it. House flipping.

Hate the man if you will but this venture is as American as it gets. Risk/reward

Nope, just a workin' Joe hoping the "brain trusts" don't fuck things up more than they already do.

Well, unless you're working for the government, your employer most likely relied on venture capital/investment bankers to build the business. Very few entrepreneurs can launch businesses solely using their own cash. You can therefore thank a VC for making your workin' Joe job possible.

Because a bad system gives them control, I should be grateful for the bad system.

They only have control becuase the rest of us passively allowed them to buy our government and economy. They are parasites who've convinced us they are vital organs.

I'm still waiting for the better version the Democrats will do in the fall, but this is pretty nasty.

I liked the scene where they describe how they destroyed KB Toys, and they have the kid watching a report it's closing down and he looks like he's going to cry.

They 'destroyed' a company that was failing. The company destroyed itself. They salvaged what they could - for a profit, which was more than the owners were able to do.

Idiot.

I'll bet you blame rape victims for dressing like tramps.

Joe, your so desperate to see Mitt go down (which I don't judge you for) that your letting that desperation cloud your view of what conservatives should stand for.

Look into the records of Bain and see for yourself they were not only a net gain for most firms they delt with but there success rate far exceeded the success rate of new business start ups. The companies that Bain took over were going to collapse regardless without the risk of being taken over by Bain.

A simple analogy would be a person/s that buys up old delapidated property and changes it then sells it. House flipping.

Hate the man if you will but this venture is as American as it gets. Risk/reward

I think you are mistaking "conservative" for "PlutoCrat". It's an easy mistake to make.

This kind of thinking destroyed the middle class and is slowly destroying the country. I'm old enough to realize that things are not as good in this country as when I was growing up, and this Corporatism (not Capitalism) is really a large part of it.

And yes, I work for a corporation and I'm part of the hypocrisy.

Idiot.

Not a good analogy.

It's more like blaming whores for dressing like tramps because that's how they make a living.

All the money should come from the government. Instead of investment strategy the basis could be sad face strategy. Based on feelings.

KB Toys was purchased and taken private in 2000 by the leveraged buyout firm of Bain Capital for $305 million, Bain announced the purchase on Dec. 8th, 2000. Only $18 million of the purchase money was cash, the rest was borrowed against the assets of the company. Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002. Two years later, due to increasing competition from national discount chains such as Wal-Mart and Target and its enormous debt, on January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

K·B closed 156 stores on November 8, 2007. The Gordon Brothers Group[3] handled the liquidation of these stores. On February 9, 2009, K·B closed the remaining stores following the second bankruptcy filing in four years. In addition, K·B Toys' website was closed down.

The K·B Toys brand and related intangible assets were sold by Streambank LLC to Toys R Us on September 4, 2009 for a reported $2.1 Million. Because K·B Toys' 460 stores had been closed and liquidated, the sale applies mainly to the company's logo, website, and trademarks/intellectual properties. Toys R Us remains unsure of how the K·B name will fit into its future business plan.[2] So far, Toys R Us uses the K·B Toys brand in self-manufactured toys, under the name "KB Classics" with the K·B Toys logo.

KB Toys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Idiot.

If you are a woman walking in a bad area looking like a tramps. Don't be suprised when something bad happens. Yes, it is conserative to point out that if people do stupid stuff then maybe, just maybe they earn it. It's reality.

A woman in the film claims Romney owns 15 homes.

He owns three.

The film also claims the Boston Herald newspaper called profits that Romney and his firm made from KB Toys “disgusting.”

The quote is incorrectly attributed. The Boston Herald quoted a fired KB Toys employee saying top executives made “disgusting” profits after the 2000 takeover.

Because a bad system gives them control, I should be grateful for the bad system.

They only have control becuase the rest of us passively allowed them to buy our government and economy. They are parasites who've convinced us they are vital organs.

You don't know what venture capital is. You're just bashing on it because you hate Mormons and capitalism.

I think you are mistaking "conservative" for "PlutoCrat". It's an easy mistake to make.

This kind of thinking destroyed the middle class and is slowly destroying the country. I'm old enough to realize that things are not as good in this country as when I was growing up, and this Corporatism (not Capitalism) is really a large part of it.

And yes, I work for a corporation and I'm part of the hypocrisy.

This is not corporatism. Sorry.

Joe isn't a conservative. Not even close.

Joe isn't a conservative. Not even close.

Sounds like a leftist to me.:eusa_shifty:

You don't know what venture capital is. You're just bashing on it because you hate Mormons and capitalism.

DO either have any real merits.

One is based on pious fraud, the other is based on insatiable greed.

Neither is admirable, niether is something I would want in a friend.

Let's forget about the pious garbage about how Capitalism works (when most of the rest of the world isn't anywhere near what we are in letting them abuse the rest of us). Is this an admirable trait in a person.

Would you want a friend who believed crazy nonsense?

Would you want a friend who spent his every waking moment thinking about how to screw people over to make more money?

Hell, no. You'd run away from those people as fast as you could.

So why in the Sky Pixie's name would you want that in a President?

Forum List

Back