Anti-Gun Governments Fail Again. Gun "Buy Backs" are an Expensive Farce

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
When Flint, Mich., announced in September that 68 assault weapons collected in a gun buyback would be incinerated, the city cited its policy of never reselling firearms.

“Gun violence continues to cause enormous grief and trauma,” said Mayor Sheldon Neeley. “I will not allow our city government to profit from our community’s pain by reselling weapons that can be turned against Flint residents.”

But Flint’s guns were not going to be melted down. Instead, they made their way to a private company that has collected millions of dollars taking firearms from police agencies, destroying a single piece of each weapon stamped with the serial number and selling the rest as nearly complete gun kits. Buyers online can easily replace what’s missing and reconstitute the weapon.

This should surprise no one. Government is at its worst when it actually believes it is doing something good.

When Flint, Mich., announced in September that 68 assault weapons collected in a gun buyback would be incinerated, the city cited its policy of never reselling firearms.

“Gun violence continues to cause enormous grief and trauma,” said Mayor Sheldon Neeley. “I will not allow our city government to profit from our community’s pain by reselling weapons that can be turned against Flint residents.”

But Flint’s guns were not going to be melted down. Instead, they made their way to a private company that has collected millions of dollars taking firearms from police agencies, destroying a single piece of each weapon stamped with the serial number and selling the rest as nearly complete gun kits. Buyers online can easily replace what’s missing and reconstitute the weapon.

This should surprise no one. Government is at its worst when it actually believes it is doing something good.
Time to arrest those responsible for this. Those companies were hired to destroy those weapons, not resell them.

Time to arrest those responsible for this. Those companies were hired to destroy those weapons, not resell them.
You dumb Moon Bat.

The ATF defines a "firearm" to be the receiver that has the serial number. The remaining items are nothing more than parts. If the receiver is destroyed then by law the gun has been destroyed.

I recently needed a spring guide rod for my S&W Model 5903. I bought it from a company that sold gun parts. Maybe they got the parts from a turn in program. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that part coming from a gun that was destined to be destroyed. It called "recycling". Aren't you Moon Bats always supportive of helping the environment by reusing something rather than producing new?

You dumb Moon Bat.

The ATF defines a "firearm" to be the receiver that has the serial number. The remaining items are nothing more than parts. If the receiver is destroyed then by law the gun has been destroyed.

I recently needed a spring guide rod for my S&W Model 5903. I bought it from a company that sold gun parts. Maybe they got the parts from a turn in program. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that part coming from a gun that was destined to be destroyed. It called "recycling". Aren't you Moon Bats always supportive of helping the environment by reusing something rather than producing new?
Fuck that weasel wording bullshit. Just because you're dumb enough to fall for it doesn't mean the rest of us are. Those companies were hired to dispose of the gun, which the obviously did not. How many people do you suppose they killed with their unregistered firearms?

Yup sell a bunch of inoperable "guns" to the idiots in the government then go buy a nice shiny new one on the black market

Fuck that weasel wording bullshit. Just because you're dumb enough to fall for it doesn't mean the rest of us are. Those companies were hired to dispose of the gun, which the obviously did not. How many people do you suppose they killed with their unregistered firearms?
So you are against recycling? You may have to turn in your Moon Bat club card if the other Moon Bats find out you don't want to protect the environment. Then where will you be? A dumbass Moon Bat that even the other Moon Bats thinks is an idiot. LOL!

The guide rod I bought was a recycled part that saved having a new one being produced.

Of course I know things like that because I am an Environmental Engineer with a PE in the field. You, on the other hand, are nothing more than a stupid uneducated Moon Bat that don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about the dribble you post on this forum.

They should arrest and prospected those responsible for wasting taxpayer money to buy up valuable property, with the intent of destroying that property.

This constitutes gross malfeasance, misappropriation, and fraudulent use of the taxpayers' money, and under no circumstances should this sort of conduct every be tolerated in government. Not ever.

I get that being a corrupt, evil, subhuman faggot, you are all in favor of such corrupt behavior by government, but those of us who are actual human beings, who work to support ourselves, and who are compelled to pay taxes, are entitled to have our tax money spent wisely, to our benefit, and not wasted on corrupt bullshit such as this.

If we treated crazy people, criminals and dopeheads like what they are, and if we fostered a better, more responsible and morally decent society we wouldn't need gun buy back programs.

Guns aren't the problem, the problem is our society doesn't do anything about the people who mis use guns.

Fuck that weasel wording bullshit. Just because you're dumb enough to fall for it doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Says a sub-sentient cretin that believes that it is beneficial for government to waste taxpayer resources to gratuitously buy up and destroy valuable property.

Any idiot that thinks this is in any way a good idea, that it is anything other than outright malfeasance and misappropriation that should be criminally prosecuted, is in no position to cast aspersions on any actual human beings' intellect.

If we treated crazy people, criminals and dopeheads like what they are, and if we fostered a better, more responsible and morally decent society we wouldn't need gun buy back programs.

We do not need these scams, anyway. They do nothing whatsoever to address the problem of violent crime, and they waste taxpayer resources to no beneficial effect at all.

These stupid government sponsored firearm buy back programs are nothing more than idiotic political statements that have no real effect on gun crime.

Instead of wasting money on that silliness they should be using that money to hire more prosecutors to put the people that commit gun crimes behind bars. Of course the Democrat idiots don't want to do that because then all the ghetto Negros would be pissed.

Parting it out disposes of it. Junked cars are often parted out, they are no less destroyed than if they had been crushed intact.

In blue city with typical blue city violent crime rates? Likely north of a thousand already.

That's the point if the thread. Gun control advocates no little to nothing about guns, so their efforts to control them always fail.

Did the city at least make a profit?
Of course not.

The city paid people for their guns, or "guns," then paid a company to dispose of them. Likely paid officers OT to work the collection points.

Everyone involved EXCEPT the city made profit.

None. Wow, but you don't think at all, do you? Emote much?

The only responsibility for a gun death is with the person pulling the trigger.

Under the law, this is a firearm.
It is the only part of the gun which need be destroyed to destroy the firearm.
The rest of the gun consists of parts, are useless w/o this, and completely unregulated by law.
Why do you have a problem with selling these parts?

1702397763263.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back