Anti-gay petition signers afraid to have their names made public

Didn't I say "not that I can blame them"?

And to my knowledge, no one has yet lost their life for opposing the homosexual agenda... the operative word there is "yet".

Immie

I understand what you're saying. However, trying to compare the so-called whackjobs of this movement to the Abortion Doctor killers is nowhere near each other.

No one who opposes abortion has been killed yet... well, except the morons that took the law into their own hands, murdered abortion doctors and then met the executioner.

I would also not be as worried about being killed as I would worry about the vandalism and harassment that you and I both know would follow the release of these names.

Immie

Insanity defense to be used in protester slaying

CORUNNA, Mich. -- The lawyer for a man accused of killing an abortion protester and a business owner in a small Michigan city says he will press ahead with an insanity defense.
Defense lawyer Robert Ashley says an independent mental-health expert has found that Harlan Drake lacked criminal responsibility at the time of the killings. The county prosecutor's office disagrees.

Drake is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of James Pouillon (POOL'-yuhn), who was protesting abortion outside Owosso High School, 90 miles northwest of Detroit.

I understand what you're saying. However, trying to compare the so-called whackjobs of this movement to the Abortion Doctor killers is nowhere near each other.

No one who opposes abortion has been killed yet... well, except the morons that took the law into their own hands, murdered abortion doctors and then met the executioner.

I would also not be as worried about being killed as I would worry about the vandalism and harassment that you and I both know would follow the release of these names.

Immie

Insanity defense to be used in protester slaying

CORUNNA, Mich. -- The lawyer for a man accused of killing an abortion protester and a business owner in a small Michigan city says he will press ahead with an insanity defense.
Defense lawyer Robert Ashley says an independent mental-health expert has found that Harlan Drake lacked criminal responsibility at the time of the killings. The county prosecutor's office disagrees.

Drake is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of James Pouillon (POOL'-yuhn), who was protesting abortion outside Owosso High School, 90 miles northwest of Detroit.

Ah, thank you I had forgotten about that murder.

Wonder if Dogbert remembers it?

Immie

Why give up their identities?...So foaming-at-the-mouth moonbat leftist freaks can harass them?
Fact is many of them gave up any anonymity they had by giving fucking public interviews.

this is about not having to take an oath to tell the truth and have the public see when they get caught up with their own words...hate and deception

Drake is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of James Pouillon (POOL'-yuhn), who was protesting abortion outside Owosso High School[/FONT], 90 miles northwest of Detroit.

Prosecutors have mentioned some type of grudge as a possible motive, but Drake's family denies it.

Drake's trial has been set for Feb. 23.

Family of US shooting suspect, Harlan Drake, cites depression | Michigan News - - MLive.com

OWOSSO, Michigan -- Relatives of a Michigan man charged with fatally shooting two people, including a well-known local abortion protester, said in a statement that he had battled depression and was experiencing problems with his medications.

Harlan Drake's family also does not believe the killings were a political statement or acts of revenge and called him "a gentle giant, who has no history of violence and no criminal history whatsoever," according to the statement issued Monday by an attorney on behalf of Drake's wife, mother and brother.

We do not feel these tragic killings were premeditated, a political statement regarding pro life or pro abortion factions, or out of a grudge," said the family's statement issued by attorney Gerry Mason of Port Huron, Michigan.

Pouillon, 63, was a well-known abortion protester in Owosso, 70 miles (110 kilometers) northwest of Detroit. He was gunned down in a drive-by shooting near the high school. Authorities say Drake was angered by the graphic image of an aborted fetus.

Anti-abortion shooter Harlan Drake's 'crime of hate' not 'hate crime'

In the case of Harlan James Drake, the 33-year-old Owosso, Michigan man, who has confessed to the crime of murdering James Pouillon while he protested, one could easily conclude that Pouillon’s murder was an act of counter-protest on the subject of abortion, a pro-choice murder, but it is clear that is not the case.

Owosso Police Lt. Michael Compeau told reporters from The Detroit News that Drake didn't have strong feelings about abortion one way or the other. "Mr. Drake did not believe children should view the graphic material on the signs Mr. Pouillon carried."

The senseless killing of James Pouillon, disabled retiree with strong enough political conviction to spend his days on the side of a road holding a protest sign, was not an act of violence against Pouillon’s political views, but an act of first degree murder in protest against the grotesquely graphic nature of the sign he held.

Back to the drawing board there Missourian.

I see your point and I agree, I just don't feel bad for them. :)
I would if something happened to them, because they have a right to their opinion, and should not be harmed due to that opinion.

Exactly. They have a right to be an asshole without being harmed.

Now your getting it! :lol:

Immie
Many of them gave public interviews and spoke in public..

what is it they are afraid of?

They will cross examined under oath...in full view of their own allies. They will be caught lying to and hiding things from the supporters of their Prop.8 bs.

Drake is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of James Pouillon (POOL'-yuhn), who was protesting abortion outside Owosso High School[/font], 90 miles northwest of Detroit.

Prosecutors have mentioned some type of grudge as a possible motive, but Drake's family denies it.

Drake's trial has been set for Feb. 23.
Family of US shooting suspect, Harlan Drake, cites depression | Michigan News - - MLive.com

Anti-abortion shooter Harlan Drake's 'crime of hate' not 'hate crime'

In the case of Harlan James Drake, the 33-year-old Owosso, Michigan man, who has confessed to the crime of murdering James Pouillon while he protested, one could easily conclude that Pouillon’s murder was an act of counter-protest on the subject of abortion, a pro-choice murder, but it is clear that is not the case.

Owosso Police Lt. Michael Compeau told reporters from The Detroit News that Drake didn't have strong feelings about abortion one way or the other. "Mr. Drake did not believe children should view the graphic material on the signs Mr. Pouillon carried."
The senseless killing of James Pouillon, disabled retiree with strong enough political conviction to spend his days on the side of a road holding a protest sign, was not an act of violence against Pouillon’s political views, but an act of first degree murder in protest against the grotesquely graphic nature of the sign he held.
Back to the drawing board there Missourian.

Not for me...it goes directly to the premise of this thread...did you forget what you were arguing...again?

What do you expect them to say, Dogbert?

"He really isn't a bad guy. He is just mis-understood"?

He murdered an abortion protester and even the article you provided says that it was done out of hatred of the posters of aborted fetuses that the protester used.

Sounds that he was killed because he was protesting abortion to me.

Immie

He murdered an abortion protester and even the article you provided says that it was done out of hatred of the posters of aborted fetuses that the protester used.

Immie

You seemed to have miss this part:

Exactly. They have a right to be an asshole without being harmed.

Now your getting it! :lol:

Immie
Many of them gave public interviews and spoke in public..

what is it they are afraid of?

They will cross examined under oath...in full view of their own allies. They will be caught lying to and hiding things from the supporters of their Prop.8 bs.

And many of them did not.

Immie

Oh? so now you are defending a murderer?

Are you going to defend the moron that killed Tiller with the same voracity?

Immie

Defending a murderer? Not at all. He killed the man and there should be punishment according to the law.

However, you might want to get the motive right.

Immie

You seemed to have miss this part:

He still killed an abortion protester because he was protesting abortion.

And, is Compeau some kind of expert on political killings? Do you think this guy is going to admit to a hate crime?

Immie

Not for me...it goes directly to the premise of this thread...did you forget what you were arguing...again?

No, I didn't forget a thing. I understand you must be upset with me for some reason. Probably due to the George Tiller stuff.

The guy who was killed was waving around graphic signs, someone didn't like the fact the kids are seeing the graphic signs and shot the guy.

The guy who shot him didn't care about abortion one way or another according to the police.

Oh? so now you are defending a murderer?

Are you going to defend the moron that killed Tiller with the same voracity?

Immie

Defending a murderer? Not at all. He killed the man and there should be punishment according to the law.

However, you might want to get the motive right.

Maybe you should try figuring out what the motive was?

You have absolutely no idea what the motive was. None whatsoever.

Immie

And, is Compeau some kind of expert on political killings? Do you think this guy is going to admit to a hate crime?

Immie

Now YOU are ranging into conspiracy theories.

He killed the protester because of the graphic images on the sign that he felt children should not see them. What do you not understand about the fact abortion has NOTHING to do with this?

The guy was arrested right there on the scene, he wasn't running. He has no reason to not say why he did it. He obviously was off his meds as well.

Compeau is probably one of the offices in charge of the situation. And for you to throw out the words of the police officers on the case to simply justify your thinking is not right.

Immie

Now YOU are ranging into conspiracy theories.

He killed the protester because of the graphic images on the sign that he felt children should not see them. What do you not understand about the fact abortion has NOTHING to do with this?

The guy was arrested right there on the scene, he wasn't running. He has no reason to not say why he did it. He obviously was off his meds as well.

Compeau is probably one of the offices in charge of the situation. And for you to throw out the words of the police officers on the case to simply justify your thinking is not right.

Um, I think your facts are wrong. He did run and it took them a while to get him.

And yes, he does have a reason to say that it was not a killing over abortion. You see the country has come to the conclusion that hate crimes are astronomically worse than any other crime. If he admits he killed this guy because he was an abortion protester, he admits to this being a hate crime and is likely to face execution. If he says, "I just killed him because I didn't like the signs he was holding", he has a damned good start to an insanity plea.

Sounds like a hell of a reason not to admit to a hate crime if you ask me.

Immie

Maybe you should try figuring out what the motive was?

You have absolutely no idea what the motive was. None whatsoever.

Immie

I don't? And neither do the police huh? But you do? Who are you exactly? Nancy Drew?

You seem to miss the fact that I think the guy should be punished for cold blooded murder if it was that. And it seems in this case, that it was.

Who is Harlan Drake suspected of shooting and killing?

"The indication is that he had ill will ... a grudge against these three individuals," said Shiawassee County Prosecutor Randy Colbry. "The defendant was offended by the manner of Mr. Pouillon's message."

Nowhere does it say the message, but rather the manner. Because he felt showing graphic images to the kids was wrong.

So does the County Prosectuor not know anything either?

Last edited:
Um, I think your facts are wrong. He did run and it took them a while to get him.

And yes, he does have a reason to say that it was not a killing over abortion. You see the country has come to the conclusion that hate crimes are astronomically worse than any other crime. If he admits he killed this guy because he was an abortion protester, he admits to this being a hate crime and is likely to face execution. If he says, "I just killed him because I didn't like the signs he was holding", he has a damned good start to an insanity plea.

Sounds like a hell of a reason not to admit to a hate crime if you ask me.

Immie

He admitted to the crime at the gravel pit when caught.

And you seem to forget the fact he has admitted to killing two people. The fact he killed two people alone and had intent to kill a third is going to get you life in prison. Hate crime or no hate crime. He's already tried to kill himself.

You seem to not realize that he has no reason to not admit why he did it because the police would find out either way and he's going to jail for life either way.

Forum List

Back