Anti-gay petition signers afraid to have their names made public

Sure they have the right to protest... but when you step beyond protest and destroy property, which was done, you have gone beyond the right to protest.

Those people were not worried about losing customers. They were worried about having bricks thrown through windows, vandalism, physical and emotional assaults. Can't blame them as this is still a heated argument.

And for the record, I would not have signed that petition.

I'm for civil unions for all.

Immie

Links to the destroyed property? And I still have not seen any assaults made by someone who was Gay against someone who wasn't over the Gay Marriage Issue.

Actually, with the internet now a days, all you need is someone's name and a rough idea of where they live. You can find everything else out very easily.

And that is the point... release their names and activists will begin harassing them just as they did to the churches in California and just maybe some one, or someone's kid will get killed.

Immie
If they wanted to protect their children so much, they wouldn't have put them on street corners protesting ref 71. Here is Spokane they under kids under the age of 18 with signs on a very busy street corner, out in the open for everyone to see who they are.

I can't say that I disagree with you here, because I don't know what they did, but holding a sign on a street corner where there are hundreds of people to witness any actions, is not the same thing as providing your name and address so that you can be attacked in the middle of the night when there are no witnesses.

Immie

Sure they have the right to protest... but when you step beyond protest and destroy property, which was done, you have gone beyond the right to protest.

Those people were not worried about losing customers. They were worried about having bricks thrown through windows, vandalism, physical and emotional assaults. Can't blame them as this is still a heated argument.

And for the record, I would not have signed that petition.

I'm for civil unions for all.

Immie

Links to the destroyed property? And I still have not seen any assaults made by someone who was Gay against someone who wasn't over the Gay Marriage Issue.

I gave you the google... look it up.

Here you go:

http://www.edgeunitedstates.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=85654

http://blog.techfun.org/adl-denounces-church-vandalism-following-prop-8s-passage

http://www.dnamagazine.com.au/articles/news.asp?news_id=7630&c=161113

Doesn't happen does it? And the people who supported Prop 8 have nothing to fear? Right!

Immie

Last edited:
If they wanted to protect their children so much, they wouldn't have put them on street corners protesting ref 71. Here is Spokane they under kids under the age of 18 with signs on a very busy street corner, out in the open for everyone to see who they are.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/ame]

Can't place Fred Phelps.

Don't bother trying to. You don't want to know the kind of "Christian" he is and trust me, I don't say that about many people.

Immie

I searched and saw "Westboro" and stopped there. Phelps is every Christian-hater's favorite example of a Christian.

I also googled "Pat Roberston harrassed by gays" and ironically got pages of returns of gay websites hating on Pat.

I remember hearing of a group of lesbians who pelted Jerry Falwell with bibles in New Orleans at the RNC in '88.

I guess gay activists have become more staid since then. Can't find a single, solitary example of their ever doing a rude thing since. I should re-think this whole thing.

And that is the point... release their names and activists will begin harassing them just as they did to the churches in California and just maybe some one, or someone's kid will get killed.

Immie

I can't say that I disagree with you here, because I don't know what they did, but holding a sign on a street corner where there are hundreds of people to witness any actions, is not the same thing as providing your name and address so that you can be attacked in the middle of the night when there are no witnesses.

Immie
Spokane isn't too small, but it isn't too big either, someone could have recognized them. And from past incidents, whack jobs who attack people don't usually care about witnesses. The man who killed the abortion doctor did it in a church during sunday service.
I am not saying they should release their names, but some of these people have been paying for over the top attack ads in Washington trying to scare the public. I figure if they can't handle being politically attacked back, they shouldn't have started the mess in the first place. A bill had already passed in the State congress here to allow civil unions, if they didn't want a fight they should have never made us vote on it. For one it isn't a shocker that the voters agreed with our law makers, and backed civil unions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/ame]

Sorry, I despise the Simpsons. I won't even watch 5 seconds of the program. :lol:

Immie

After the attacks made on people and property during the Prop 8 debacle in California, can you blame them?

Immie

Attacks made on people and property? How much of that was going on?

And you'd think these people were some how ASHAMED of signing that petition...like it might come back in a generation showing them to be something to be ASHAMED of.....:eusa_whistle:

I honestly can't think of an anti-gay activist. I'm sure you're correct, I just can't think of anyone who is known as an "anti-gay activist." Name a couple?

Anti-Gay Activist and Anti-Gay Marriage Activists are common if you look hard enough.

Pat Robertson, he hasn't been killed has he? :eusa_eh:

How about Fred Phelps? In fact, why don't you use google?

Here's the first thing I got from google when I put in "Anti-Gay Activist"

The 20 Most Frightful Anti-Gay Activists / Queerty

Pat Robertson is also known by some as "a religious broadcaster." I was trying to think of someone who is known as an "anti-gay activisit."

Can't place Fred Phelps.
Unless one has been killed, he has faced no harassment? Got it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Immie
Spokane isn't too small, but it isn't too big either, someone could have recognized them. And from past incidents, whack jobs who attack people don't usually care about witnesses. The man who killed the abortion doctor did it in a church during sunday service.
I am not saying they should release their names, but some of these people have been paying for over the top attack ads in Washington trying to scare the public. I figure if they can't handle being politically attacked back, they shouldn't have started the mess in the first place. A bill had already passed in the State congress here to allow civil unions, if they didn't want a fight they should have never made us vote on it. For one it isn't a shocker that the voters agreed with our law makers, and backed civil unions.

I don't know or understand the specs of what is going on in the Great State of Washington. I have stated that I would not have signed that petition as I believe the government has no business in the marriage business.

I do, however, have a problem with the names of people (regardless on what side of the issue they are on) in a heated debate, and even Dogbert cannot deny that this is a heated debate, on any issue. I can only see that leading to violence and someone possibly getting killed over it maybe even one of the vandals. Meaning that if a gay activist got the address of someone from the other side and decided to protest using rainbow colored paint on say a garage door, the gay activist could end up dead.

It doesn't matter what the issue is, but releasing the names of one side or the other leads to bad things happening like what happened to George Tiller.

Immie

Pat Robertson is also known by some as "a religious broadcaster." I was trying to think of someone who is known as an "anti-gay activisit."

Can't place Fred Phelps.

Unless one has been killed, he has faced no harassment? Got it.

I never said that unless one has been killed, they have not faced harassment.

This is why I do not bother to have discussions with people on here sometimes. If you want to have a discussion, great. If you want to take my words out of context, go elsewhere for that bullshit.

I was merely pointing out that nobody's killed these assholes. Which is evidence they aren't going to go Clint Eastwood on people if the list was released.

I don't know where else you post, but you first said there are many gay activists whose names are out there and they aren't being harrassed. I asked for an example. You said Robertson and noted that he hasn't been killed.

After the attacks made on people and property during the Prop 8 debacle in California, can you blame them?

Immie

Attacks made on people and property? How much of that was going on?

And you'd think these people were some how ASHAMED of signing that petition...like it might come back in a generation showing them to be something to be ASHAMED of.....:eusa_whistle:

Honestly, I don't know how much of it was going on, but does it matter? I gave three instances in links. Isn't one enough?

I live in Florida, but let me give you an example from my personal life and don't you dare think I am claiming the gay activists are bad people... some might be but not all.

Having lived here in Florida for 16 years, but, coming from California and having family still in California, a few years ago we had four hurricanes hit Florida. I kid you not, I had family members from California calling thinking that everyone in the state was wiped out by the hurricanes. According to family members, the news made it sound like the wind blew everyone into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Another example, as I said, I lived in California. I know what the Santa Ana winds do to spreading fires in Southern California. Here when the fires start in Southern California the news informs us that California has been engulfed in flames and there is nothing left. :lol:

It really is kind of funny... or it would be if I didn't realize how destructive those fires really are.

Immie

I don't know where else you post, but you first said there are many gay activists whose names are out there and they aren't being harrassed. I asked for an example. You said Robertson and noted that he hasn't been killed.

No, first I said there are many Anti-Gay activists whose names are out there and they aren't being harassed. I told you to use google for a full extensive list, I even gave you a link to what is considered by one site as a "top twenty."

I noted Robertson because he was in the news lately and pointed out that he hasn't been killed because of the so called violence against the Anti-Gay Activists. As for Robertson, Falwell, etc, if you truly think they are human beings who have done nothing wrong then you need to read up on the news more.

Immie

I don't know or understand the specs of what is going on in the Great State of Washington. I have stated that I would not have signed that petition as I believe the government has no business in the marriage business.

I do, however, have a problem with the names of people (regardless on what side of the issue they are on) in a heated debate, and even Dogbert cannot deny that this is a heated debate, on any issue. I can only see that leading to violence and someone possibly getting killed over it maybe even one of the vandals. Meaning that if a gay activist got the address of someone from the other side and decided to protest using rainbow colored paint on say a garage door, the gay activist could end up dead.

It doesn't matter what the issue is, but releasing the names of one side or the other leads to bad things happening like what happened to George Tiller.

Immie
I see your point and I agree, I just don't feel bad for them. :)
I would if something happened to them, because they have a right to their opinion, and should not be harmed due to that opinion.

I see your point and I agree, I just don't feel bad for them. :)
I would if something happened to them, because they have a right to their opinion, and should not be harmed due to that opinion.

Exactly. They have a right to be an asshole without being harmed.

Forum List

Back