Anti-gay petition signers afraid to have their names made public

Um, I think your facts are wrong. He did run and it took them a while to get him.

And yes, he does have a reason to say that it was not a killing over abortion. You see the country has come to the conclusion that hate crimes are astronomically worse than any other crime. If he admits he killed this guy because he was an abortion protester, he admits to this being a hate crime and is likely to face execution. If he says, "I just killed him because I didn't like the signs he was holding", he has a damned good start to an insanity plea.

Sounds like a hell of a reason not to admit to a hate crime if you ask me.

Immie

He admitted to the crime at the gravel pit when caught.

And you seem to forget the fact he has admitted to killing two people. The fact he killed two people alone and had intent to kill a third is going to get you life in prison. Hate crime or no hate crime. He's already tried to kill himself.

You seem to not realize that he has no reason to not admit why he did it because the police would find out either way and he's going to jail for life either way.

Better life in prison, then a date with the electric chair.

Besides, as I said, he has a strong case for an insanity plea. Which means he gets off scott free as long as it is not deemed a hate crime. Plenty of reason if you ask me.

You can justify your stance all you want, but you claimed no abortion protesters have been killed, and Missourian produced evidence you were wrong. Sorry, I can't help you if you can't admit your error.

Immie

Last edited:
Not for me...it goes directly to the premise of this thread...did you forget what you were arguing...again?

No, I didn't forget a thing. I understand you must be upset with me for some reason. Probably due to the George Tiller stuff.

The guy who was killed was waving around graphic signs, someone didn't like the fact the kids are seeing the graphic signs and shot the guy.

The guy who shot him didn't care about abortion one way or another according to the police.

I'm not upset with you Rob, I just thing you're wrong.

Your post show read "The guy who was killed was waving around a graphic ABORTION sign."

Had it been a sign with a guy gutting a deer or a dead dog, both graphic images, James Pouillon would be alive today. It was specifically because he was waving signs picturing ABORTED BABIES that he was killed.

That's the end of the story.

Anything else is spin, what us bumpkins call "splittin' a frog hair five ways".

Besides, as I said, he has a strong case for an insanity plea. Which means he gets off scott free as long as it is not deemed a hate crime. Plenty of reason if you ask me.

Immie

A date with the electric chair?

Death Penalty in Michigan has been abolished since 1846. So again, :eusa_eh:

And he doesn't have a strong case for the insanity plea either way you put it. The authorities said he had a grudge against three of these men. One of them being for the manner of his signs. So obviously it was somewhat planned. He didn't just kill one person.

He's not going to get off free even if he was found to be insane. I don't know what shows you're watching, but someone who kills two people and is insane don't just walk out scot free.

And do you really think he would even last if it was let free? He'd be killed in a week.

Last edited:
I'm not upset with you Rob, I just thing you're wrong.

Your post show read "The guy who was killed was waving around a graphic ABORTION sign."

Had it been a sign with a guy gutting a deer or a dead dog, both graphic images, James Pouillon would be alive today. It was specifically because he was waving signs picturing ABORTED BABIES that he was killed.

That's the end of the story.

Anything else is spin, what us bumpkins call "splittin' a frog hair five ways".

The guy wasn't killed for protesting Abortion. He was killed for the signs of aborted babies being waved around children. Two different things.

Immie

A date with the electric chair?

Death Penalty in Michigan has been abolished since 1846. So again, :eusa_eh:

And he doesn't have a strong case for the insanity plea either way you put it. The authorities said he had a grudge against three of these men. One of them being for the manner of his signs. So obviously it was somewhat planned. He didn't just kill one person.

He's not going to get off free even if he was found to be insane. I don't know what shows you're watching, but someone who kills two people and is insane don't just walk out scot free.

And do you really think he would even last if it was let free? He'd be killed in a week.

No, he would not be killed in a week.

Talk about watching too many crime dramas!

And, if he was found to be insane, I believe that he would get off scott free. Got a link to prove your statement that he wouldn't? Seems you asked me for links earlier. ;)

And thanks for the info on the death penalty in Michigan. I didn't know that.

Immie

And, if he was found to be insane, I believe that he would get off scott free. Got a link to prove your statement that he wouldn't? Seems you asked me for links earlier. ;)

Immie

I don't need a link to prove the statement. There are plenty of people who are found guilty of insanity but still sentenced to prison or some sort of ward.

And he wouldn't be found insane. You have to remember, he killed two people and had the intent to kill a third.

And the guy shot at a specific protester in the crowd, so obviously it was pre-planned to some point. The police have said this.

The police have also said that the man had no strong opinion of abortion either way, rather it was the manner of waving signs of aborted fetuses in front of children. I wouldn't want graphic signs being waved in front of my children as they try to attend school but I'm not going to shoot the guy who does so either.

And he would possibly be killed within a week by someone for revenge. Hell, why do you think they keep certain people in jail in Solitary Confinement?

I'm telling you, it wasn't over abortion. If it was, I'd be one of the first to stand up and say it was. But these murders go beyond just abortion and that wasn't the motive.

Immie

I don't need a link to prove the statement. There are plenty of people who are found guilty of insanity but still sentenced to prison or some sort of ward.

And he wouldn't be found insane. You have to remember, he killed two people and had the intent to kill a third.

And the guy shot at a specific protester in the crowd, so obviously it was pre-planned to some point. The police have said this.

The police have also said that the man had no strong opinion of abortion either way, rather it was the manner of waving signs of aborted fetuses in front of children. I wouldn't want graphic signs being waved in front of my children as they try to attend school but I'm not going to shoot the guy who does so either.

And he would possibly be killed within a week by someone for revenge. Hell, why do you think they keep certain people in jail in Solitary Confinement?

I'm telling you, it wasn't over abortion. If it was, I'd be one of the first to stand up and say it was. But these murders go beyond just abortion and that wasn't the motive.

You didn't say it had to be over abortion and yes, it was over abortion. The article even said it was... the guy didn't like kids having to see the posters of aborted babies. It was over abortion. Just because he was crazy and not devoutly pro-life doesn't mean it was not about abortion.

Immie

It still all boils down to simplicity.

There would be nothing good about releasing these names and allowing them to be posted on the Internet.

It would only cause possible harm.

And no one can argue either of these simple points.

Cons show they're wimps, by not wanting their names made public.

Supreme Court to decide whether Wash. can release names of anti-gay rights petition signers - latimes.com

JESSE J. HOLLAND Associated Press Writer

January 15, 2010 | 1:42 p.m.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday got involved for the second time this week in a case in which opponents of gay rights fear they will be harassed if their views are made public.

The high court will consider whether Washington state officials can release more than 138,500 names on a petition seeking a vote on overturning the state's domestic partnership rights.

Protect Marriage Washington, which unsuccessfully opposed the law giving gay couples expanded rights, wants to shield from disclosure the signers of the petition for a referendum on that law. The group says it fears harassment by gay rights supporters, some of whom have vowed to post signers' names on the Internet.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco has said before the Nov. 3 vote that the names could be made public, but the Supreme Court blocked their release until it decided whether to hear the case.

Arguments will be heard later this year.
<more>
Why should they have to risk going to jail when they shoot the loonies that will show up on their door step hours after their names ar released?

you're confusing them with the loons who kill doctors.

Forum List

Back