Anti-abortion activists indicted for undercover videos smearing Planned Parenthood

What we have here is a fascist type smear job stuffed up their collective ass. Texas also became the 12th state to clear PP of doing anything criminal.

Anti-abortion group indicted for Planned Parenthood videos

I read that article on MSN.

I just laughed. Seems like the people who lied and illegally recorded PP workers will now possibly face some sort of justice for their crimes.

It's illegal to ask people to sell human organs. Planned Parenthood did the right and legal thing. If they had not, we would have seen indictments on PP.

Yet the only indictment was on the liars who created the video.

I wish PP would get their lawyers to sue those liars to make sure that others who try to smear PP with lies will think twice before they do it.

And it's being done in deep red Texas. A state that has been trying to close PP for years.

It's perfect!

Houston Texas is not deep red you low info loon

Libs really are stupid, aren't they???

Let's let HuffPo answer that, OK???

Investigation Into Planned Parenthood Leads To Indictment Of Anti-Abortion Activists

"
Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress that released the videos, was also charged with violating a prohibition on the purchase and sale of human organs, a misdemeanor, the Harris County District Attorney said."

Now, care to explain how Daleiden "bought" baby parts when PP claims they don't sell them??? It looks like this case could get interesting when the grand jury either has to admit they fabricated criminal charges, or they chose to ignore that Daleiden had to have bought those human organs from somewhere (like PP)....

He attempted to buy body parts. Everything he said was an effort to get PP to sell him body parts. What he did was a felony. Attempting to buy body parts is a felony. If PP had done anything wrong, they would have been guilty too. They didn't.

Nothing Conservatives/Republicans want ever comes true. Therefore their tactics become increasingly desperate, and illegal.

“A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!"
- William F. Buckley

Hmmmn, has history ever stopped, just because conservatives wanted it to?

"Two anti-abortion activists behind the filming of videos on fetal tissue procurement by Planned Parenthood were indicted by a Texas grand jury on Monday, while clearing the women's health group of any wrong-doing.
The videos released last summer led Texas and other Republican-controlled states to try to halt funding for local Planned Parenthood operations, with Republicans in the U.S. Congress also pushing for a funding cut.
The grand jury reviewed the case for more than two months and its decision was a result of a probe launched last year under Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a Republican, who accused Planned Parenthood of the "gruesome harvesting of baby body parts."
"After a lengthy and thorough investigation by the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, the Texas Rangers, and the Houston Police Department, a Harris County grand jury took no action Monday against Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," the Harris County District Attorney's office said in a statement.
Planned Parenthood has denied the accusation and called the probe politically motivated.
David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt were indicted by the grand jury for tampering with a governmental record, said prosecutors for the county in which Houston is located. The felony charge is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
The two were involved in covert videos last year in which a Planned Parenthood official discussed the procurement of fetal tissue.
Daleiden, leader of the Center for Medical Progress that released the videos, was also charged with violating a prohibition on the purchase and sale of human organs, a misdemeanor, the Harris County District Attorney said.
There were no details released on the allegations against them.
"I respect their decision on this difficult case," Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson said of the grand jury.
The videos purported to show Planned Parenthood officials trying to negotiate prices for aborted fetal tissue. Under federal law, donated human fetal tissue may be used for research, but profiting from its sale is prohibited.
"These people broke the law to spread malicious lies about Planned Parenthood in order to advance their extreme anti-abortion political agenda," said Eric Ferrero, vice president of Communications for Planned Parenthood Federation of America.

Beside that though, lol. Great job, Pubs and silly dupes. Look into ANY of your scandals, functional morons. I'm sure you'll hear all about this on Fox etc etc etc etc...

If the radical Right can not uncover illegal activities by PP, they simply make them up, along with fake evidence. I can conceive of no greater justice that what has come down here.

If they charged all the right wing politicians who kept claiming the video's were accurate even after they knew they were a fraud, that would be a greater justice.

oops...

In a surprise move, a Texas grand jury investigating Planned Parenthood wrapped up on Monday by issuing several indictments not to the women’s healthcare provider, but to two of the anti-abortion activists who had prompted the investigation.
The grand jury, convened by the Harris County district attorney’s office, indicted David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt for tampering with a governmental record, the DA’s office announced. Daleiden received a second indictment under a law prohibiting the purchase and sale of human organs.

more at link
Grand jury investigating Planned Parenthood indicts anti-abortion activists instead

What we have here is a fascist type smear job stuffed up their collective ass. Texas also became the 12th state to clear PP of doing anything criminal.

I just laughed. Seems like the people who lied and illegally recorded PP workers will now possibly face some sort of justice for their crimes.

It's illegal to ask people to sell human organs. Planned Parenthood did the right and legal thing. If they had not, we would have seen indictments on PP.

I wish PP would get their lawyers to sue those liars to make sure that others who try to smear PP with lies will think twice before they do it.

And it's being done in deep red Texas. A state that has been trying to close PP for years.

It's perfect!

Where did I mention Houston?

I said deep red Texas. Which Texas is a very deep red state.

When you have to lie and personally attack, how valid is your point and why should anyone pay any attention to you or believe one word from you?

The baby killers and their supporters rub their grimy little hands with glee

Well for me, I wouldn't say I support "baby killers" as I'm against abortions as the result of unprotected consensual sex. I do think a woman should have the choice in the cases of rape, incest, and the mother's life being in danger.
I do think PP does a lot of good things, particularly for those who are in poor financially situations.

And certainly, kiwiman127, you are entitled to your opinion and entitled to apply your opinion to your own circumstances. But, the question remains ... why should your opinion matter? Why shouldn't a woman have an the right to determine her own procreative destiny? and do so even when an unwanted pregnancy is the result of unprotected consensual sex?

Remember, the law is a pendulum ... if the government has the power to prohibit early-term abortions, then it also has the power to require early-term abortions (for instance, under a public policy centered on population control).

I do find it rather disturbing that we had hundreds of threads based on very questionable evidence. Man, people were acting like a judge/jury and had already prosecuted and were ready to hang PP. I guess the American Judicial system's philosophy of being innocent until being proven guilty in a court of law only applies to certain types of people.
This all leads to when people jump on a questionable and biased resourced story from a hyper-partisan resource. Why in the hell do people do that, they get stung more often than not. You'd think people would learn their lesson. If they stopped this bullshit, the intelligence of USMB would jump several notches.

I agree that the "undercover videos" gathered and selectively edited by people with an acknowledged hostile agenda should not be given any weight in the credibility department.

Although the "presumption of innocence until proven guilty" applies in criminal court, it does not apply in the court of public opinion. Thus, it didn't matter to the morons whether the undercover videos were credible or not. It didn't matter to them and they were giddy to have an alleged reason to once again condemn an organization that assists women. They were already haters and oppressors of women and that, in and of itself, is the disturbing matter.

It's perfect!

Where did I mention Houston?

I said deep red Texas. Which Texas is a very deep red state.

When you have to lie and personally attack, how valid is your point and why should anyone pay any attention to you or believe one word from you?

The case is in Houston, no? Houston is not deep red, in fact it's left loon central of Texas

It's perfect!

Well then God Bless Houston.

Already two threads on this. You afraid your talking points memos are getting too far down the page?
What "talking point memo?"
I'm sorry, but one issue that drives me into a frenzy is abortion, pro lifers have lost this one. They lied, and it bit them in the ass. Most "pro lifers" don't actually care about "life" though, they have a almost fanatical obsession with the fetus.

A sleazy doctor is caught on camera negotiating the sale of a fetus / baby for the price of cash and / or a Lamborghini and the poor ignorant film maker who secretly makes the recording ends up indicted.

Some would argue this is 'justice'...while others might argue the 'sacrifice' was worth exposing a tax payer-funded baby-murdering industry protected by politicians who receive millions in payoffs, er, 'donations' / 'contributions' from PP every year.

Both sides will squabble about who 'won', nothing changes...

:clap:

Forum List

Back