Anthropologically makes no sense to fear homosexuals

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
Heard Bones say it on the show Bones and thought it was great.

Anthropologically makes no sense to fear homosexuals, since they are taking themselves out of the pool for competition with a mate.

So why the fear from the homophobes? REally makes no difference to them if people are gay, plus, it does limit competition for a mate.

• Banned
blah blah blah, it tends to be a political topic, homosexuality

• Banned
OK master. then have it move, maybe it will anyway. But nobody goes into the science topic.

I'm not master here.

It seems you are quite easily agitated and overly emotional, are sure a free speech message board is something you can handle?

• Banned
I'm not master here.

It seems you are quite easily agitated and overly emotional, are sure a free speech message board is something you can handle?

yes, cause emotions can be elicited from a posting

Gee, it's cool that no con will mention homosexuality on this board, ever again.
Conservatives, on the whole, see no reason to bring up the subject. How often do cons bring up the subject versus libs right here on this board?

And Dr Gregg, if you had posted this in Science (& tech) or General discussion it would've stayed up on either of those pages longer for people who scroll through topics, as well as been more appropriate.

And once again it's a lib bringing up the subject of homosexualaity. Most people out here in the hinterlands don't bother with it at all; only those who are most sensitive about it or who want it as an issue.

Last edited:

Anthropologically makes no sense to fear homosexuals, since they are taking themselves out of the pool for competition with a mate.

So why the fear from the homophobes? REally makes no difference to them if people are gay, plus, it does limit competition for a mate.

I love Bones, and got a chuckle out of this line as well. However...it operates under the commonly liberal-held fallacy that disagreeing with gay marriage or thinking that homosexuality is morally wrong equates with "being afraid" of homosexuals.

I think that often, real debate and conversation about issues such as gay marriage or homosexuality never get off their feet in large part because of liberals need to scream "HOMOPHOBIA" at everyone who dares to hold a differing opinion.

It is just as useless and disruptive to true dialogue as the crazed bible-thumpers who can not debate the facts without talking about how "evil" and "disgusting" homosexuals are and how they are all going to Hell. They are entitled to that opinion...but it is irrelevant and useless to true debates regarding homosexual issues (especially those that might pop up in a political forum).

It is entirely possible to question whether or not gay marriage is a good idea without being frightened of homosexuals. In fact, its entirely possible to have absolutely nothing against gay people at all - and still question whether allowing gay marriage is a good idea for this country or not...and by labeling someone a "hater" or a "homophobe" because they have concerns only stifles debate.

In my opinion, Bones was witty in this instance...but she didn't help the debate in the long run. Instead...the writers fell back on the old standard of screaming "HOMOPHOBE" so all the liberals could feel good about themselves as they laughed at all the evil "haters" out there who are "scared of the gays."

Homophobia I don't think is predicated on fearing Gay men will steal your woman. It's about being grossed out when a Gay man wants....YOU. Not that I'm a homophobe, but I know plenty and that's their main sentiment basically.

I love Bones, and got a chuckle out of this line as well. However...it operates under the commonly liberal-held fallacy that disagreeing with gay marriage or thinking that homosexuality is morally wrong equates with "being afraid" of homosexuals.

I think that often, real debate and conversation about issues such as gay marriage or homosexuality never get off their feet in large part because of liberals need to scream "HOMOPHOBIA" at everyone who dares to hold a differing opinion.

It is just as useless and disruptive to true dialogue as the crazed bible-thumpers who can not debate the facts without talking about how "evil" and "disgusting" homosexuals are and how they are all going to Hell. They are entitled to that opinion...but it is irrelevant and useless to true debates regarding homosexual issues (especially those that might pop up in a political forum).

It is entirely possible to question whether or not gay marriage is a good idea without being frightened of homosexuals. In fact, its entirely possible to have absolutely nothing against gay people at all - and still question whether allowing gay marriage is a good idea for this country or not...and by labeling someone a "hater" or a "homophobe" because they have concerns only stifles debate.

In my opinion, Bones was witty in this instance...but she didn't help the debate in the long run. Instead...the writers fell back on the old standard of screaming "HOMOPHOBE" so all the liberals could feel good about themselves as they laughed at all the evil "haters" out there who are "scared of the gays."

No, not agreeing with it, even thinking its disgusting I have no issue with, its trying to prevent them from having freedoms, which tends to be based around some sort of fear that "they will turn our kids gay and make them think its acceptable. And if you paid attention to the context, it has nothing to do with what you claim above that it was some old standard the writers were screaming homophobe, they were talking about the possibility of a straight man killing a gay man, talking about potential suspects of the gay man's death, hence why she mentioned that

so because a tv show says it, it's true with absolutely nothing else to back up your claim.

No, not agreeing with it, even thinking its disgusting I have no issue with, its trying to prevent them from having freedoms, which tends to be based around some sort of fear that "they will turn our kids gay and make them think its acceptable. And if you paid attention to the context, it has nothing to do with what you claim above that it was some old standard the writers were screaming homophobe, they were talking about the possibility of a straight man killing a gay man, talking about potential suspects of the gay man's death, hence why she mentioned that

What freedoms are they denied? Not being able to legally marry? I can't legally marry another man, either. The only difference is, I don't want to. I can't take a second wife. Am I being denied my right to pursue happiness?

so because a tv show says it, it's true with absolutely nothing else to back up your claim.

No, it just makes sense and these shows don't just make shit up, there is facts in there, unless they are trying to embellish for TV, but a lot of the show is fact based. and where did I say it was true. why do people like making shit up, just to be dicks?

Forum List

Back