Anthropologically makes no sense to fear homosexuals

I love Bones, and got a chuckle out of this line as well. However...it operates under the commonly liberal-held fallacy that disagreeing with gay marriage or thinking that homosexuality is morally wrong equates with "being afraid" of homosexuals.

I think that often, real debate and conversation about issues such as gay marriage or homosexuality never get off their feet in large part because of liberals need to scream "HOMOPHOBIA" at everyone who dares to hold a differing opinion.

It is just as useless and disruptive to true dialogue as the crazed bible-thumpers who can not debate the facts without talking about how "evil" and "disgusting" homosexuals are and how they are all going to Hell. They are entitled to that opinion...but it is irrelevant and useless to true debates regarding homosexual issues (especially those that might pop up in a political forum).

It is entirely possible to question whether or not gay marriage is a good idea without being frightened of homosexuals. In fact, its entirely possible to have absolutely nothing against gay people at all - and still question whether allowing gay marriage is a good idea for this country or not...and by labeling someone a "hater" or a "homophobe" because they have concerns only stifles debate.

In my opinion, Bones was witty in this instance...but she didn't help the debate in the long run. Instead...the writers fell back on the old standard of screaming "HOMOPHOBE" so all the liberals could feel good about themselves as they laughed at all the evil "haters" out there who are "scared of the gays."

No, not agreeing with it, even thinking its disgusting I have no issue with, its trying to prevent them from having freedoms, which tends to be based around some sort of fear that "they will turn our kids gay and make them think its acceptable. And if you paid attention to the context, it has nothing to do with what you claim above that it was some old standard the writers were screaming homophobe, they were talking about the possibility of a straight man killing a gay man, talking about potential suspects of the gay man's death, hence why she mentioned that

What freedoms are they denied? Not being able to legally marry? I can't legally marry another man, either. The only difference is, I don't want to. I can't take a second wife. Am I being denied my right to pursue happiness?

what a retarded argument, you aren't attracted to another man. What, only heteros can marry the person they love.

No, it just makes sense and these shows don't just make shit up,

WHAT??? Are you a retard?? It's TELEVISION... you can't even believe much of what is on the news anymore.

so because a tv show says it, it's true with absolutely nothing else to back up your claim.

No, it just makes sense and these shows don't just make shit up, there is facts in there, unless they are trying to embellish for TV, but a lot of the show is fact based. and where did I say it was true. why do people like making shit up, just to be dicks?

oh, so you believe its false then...got it

No, not agreeing with it, even thinking its disgusting I have no issue with, its trying to prevent them from having freedoms, which tends to be based around some sort of fear that "they will turn our kids gay and make them think its acceptable. And if you paid attention to the context, it has nothing to do with what you claim above that it was some old standard the writers were screaming homophobe, they were talking about the possibility of a straight man killing a gay man, talking about potential suspects of the gay man's death, hence why she mentioned that

What freedoms are they denied? Not being able to legally marry? I can't legally marry another man, either. The only difference is, I don't want to. I can't take a second wife. Am I being denied my right to pursue happiness?

what a retarded argument, you aren't attracted to another man. What, only heteros can marry the person they love.

What's love got to do with it? One man-one woman. Love may or not not be the reason for marriage.

Do you have a reply regarding denied freedoms?

No, it just makes sense and these shows don't just make shit up,

WHAT??? Are you a retard?? It's TELEVISION... you can't even believe much of what is on the news anymore.

Give it a rest, its written and produced by a forensic anthropologist, not every aspect of it is made up. yes, its fiction, and at times they make up some science so to add to the flair of the show, but there is a lot of truth in many of these shows.. Just like ER had medical facts in it, CSI has some forensic and science facts in it, etc.

if you can't understand that, maybe you are the retard.

What's love got to do with it? One man-one woman. Love may or not not be the reason for marriage.

that was my reply, your argument is utter bullshit.

I love Bones, and got a chuckle out of this line as well. However...it operates under the commonly liberal-held fallacy that disagreeing with gay marriage or thinking that homosexuality is morally wrong equates with "being afraid" of homosexuals.

I think that often, real debate and conversation about issues such as gay marriage or homosexuality never get off their feet in large part because of liberals need to scream "HOMOPHOBIA" at everyone who dares to hold a differing opinion.

It is just as useless and disruptive to true dialogue as the crazed bible-thumpers who can not debate the facts without talking about how "evil" and "disgusting" homosexuals are and how they are all going to Hell. They are entitled to that opinion...but it is irrelevant and useless to true debates regarding homosexual issues (especially those that might pop up in a political forum).

It is entirely possible to question whether or not gay marriage is a good idea without being frightened of homosexuals. In fact, its entirely possible to have absolutely nothing against gay people at all - and still question whether allowing gay marriage is a good idea for this country or not...and by labeling someone a "hater" or a "homophobe" because they have concerns only stifles debate.

In my opinion, Bones was witty in this instance...but she didn't help the debate in the long run. Instead...the writers fell back on the old standard of screaming "HOMOPHOBE" so all the liberals could feel good about themselves as they laughed at all the evil "haters" out there who are "scared of the gays."

So, you support gender discrimination, eh?

so because a tv show says it, it's true with absolutely nothing else to back up your claim.

No, it just makes sense and these shows don't just make shit up, there is facts in there, unless they are trying to embellish for TV, but a lot of the show is fact based. and where did I say it was true. why do people like making shit up, just to be dicks?

oh, so you believe its false then...got it

What is it with internet dickheads?

I believe it's true as it makes sense, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that, you know, science is probably way over your head

How IS that working for you? Seriously.

that was my reply, your argument is utter bullshit.

Very persuasive.

And I stated it in the first response, what, only heterosexuals can marry the person they love (or how about " want", since you claim love has nothing to do with it)

Way to ignore that, and claim I have nothing.

also some replies are so utterly stupid as to not warrant a rebuttal.

Heard Bones say it on the show Bones and thought it was great.

Anthropologically makes no sense to fear homosexuals, since they are taking themselves out of the pool for competition with a mate.

So why the fear from the homophobes? REally makes no difference to them if people are gay, plus, it does limit competition for a mate.

and what makes you think people based their dislike of homosexuals in an anthropological context?

Anthropologically makes no sense to fear homosexuals, since they are taking themselves out of the pool for competition with a mate.

So why the fear from the homophobes? REally makes no difference to them if people are gay, plus, it does limit competition for a mate.

One does not have to FEAR something to disagree with it, what a lame claim. I do not FEAR homosexuals, I do disagree with their chosen life style and have every right to disagree with it. This still is the United States of America where one is free to agree or disagree with things as they see fit, well unless the PC police get involved.

nobody cares s0n......................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Homophobia I don't think is predicated on fearing Gay men will steal your woman. It's about being grossed out when a Gay man wants....YOU. Not that I'm a homophobe, but I know plenty and that's their main sentiment basically.

Homophobes think they are irresistable to gay men? :lol::lol: Too funny!

I didn't see that in my post.......anywhere. Not very honest of a response tbh.

What is it with internet dickheads?

I dont know. Why do you start being an ass any time someone disagrees with you?

I believe it's true as it makes sense, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that, you know, science is probably way over your head

On what planet is the television show "Bones" science?

Homophobia I don't think is predicated on fearing Gay men will steal your woman. It's about being grossed out when a Gay man wants....YOU. Not that I'm a homophobe, but I know plenty and that's their main sentiment basically.

Homophobes think they are irresistable to gay men? :lol::lol: Too funny!

I didn't see that in my post.......anywhere. Not very honest of a response tbh.
I saw it.

and what makes you think people based their dislike of homosexuals in an anthropological context?
What is your reason for disliking homosexuals?

let's be clear on something, thinking something makes sense is a far cry from claiming its "true". I never claimed it to be true

Forum List

Back