Anthony Bourdain, CNN host and celebrity chef, dead at 61

You got proof of that?

The studies say INCREASED risks. That means MORE risk dimwit.

please note----if the "ahem" led your wife to walk out on you-------be not dismayed------IF THAT WOULD DO IT----YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER

Huh?

the unfortunate well known side effect. Well---one of them is weight gain-----another could be
dry mouth-----another could be....AHEM.
Maybe I got confuses on SNs

The FDA doesn’t demand “Black Box” labels placed for dry mouth and weight gain though.

You got proof of that?

The studies say INCREASED risks. That means MORE risk Einstein

So, if you give them the medication they are MORE likely to kill themselves than if you gave them nothing?

Let's see your definitive proof of THAT!

Your proposal is ludicrous that they would EVER prescribe such medication.

That's like prescribing a couple of good belts of booze before bedtime for an alcoholic!

Saying , "Here take this oxy, it will take care of that headache" to an addict.

What's the first part of The Hippocratic Oath, dumbass?

The links are above. You can ignore data all you want. We know why also, you like turning kids into zombies. Makes the job easier, right. You’ve already admitted as much.

An oath? Then why the hell do they buy malpractice insurance?

You got to be kidding me!

I am sorry, you are not intelligent enough to carry this discussion.

You know so little and talk so much, it is embarrassing.

I'm done exposing your lack of intellect. You have completed that mission on your own.

Says the fool who never present evidence to back up his silliness.

Must be sad to wake up and realize you’ve been exposed.

Now go back to drugging our youth.

Bourdain was a pioneer and an original who carved out a whole new genre of travel related shows, He was a genius who artistically transported the viewer to whatever location in the world he was in at the time. His shows were both very entertaining and informative, and he often portrayed a whole different culture or perspective on people, that most viewers had no knowledge existed.

He was truly irreplaceable with his own unique adventurous personality and sense of humor, and one of the few if not the only show I would try to catch on CNN.

I am sure that will be missed by many, all across the world. Rest in peace.
Keith Floyd was the "pioneer" of food related travel shows.
Watch some of his episodes on Youtube.

Its so easy to just off someone...then tie a rope around his neck and attach it to a doorknob.
Yes, I find it suspicious.
I was waiting for the first conspiracy to emerge here.
A.B. was 'chipping' heroin and he KNEW he was going to be found out and he KNEW that would end his career/reputation/CNN gig.
He took the only way out he could think of.
BTW he had been estranged from his daughter for the last couple of years.
When the mother's daughter discovered what A.B. was doing she refused to allow him to see his daughter.

Shocker, although he lead a troubled life early on.. at least.
IMO, his CNN show is/was the BEST show on TV.
His inside looks at cities/countries all over the planet, but never traveling or eating luxuriosly.
Always finding the native life and cuisine.

Anthony Bourdain, CNN TV Host, Is Found Dead in Apparent Suicide
Celebrity chef dies in French hotel room while filming coming segment for his series ‘Parts Unknown’
By Keach Hagey and
Melanie Grayce West
Updated June 8, 2018 - Wall St Journal
Anthony Bourdain, CNN TV Host, Is Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

Anthony Bourdain, the chef and author who parlayed his love of food, taste for adventure and gifts as a raconteur into television stardom, was found dead Friday in a hotel room in France of an apparent suicide, CNN said Friday. He was 61.

CNN confirmed the death, saying in a statement he was found unresponsive Friday morning by friend and chef Eric Ripert, and calling it a suicide. CNN said Mr. Bourdain was in Strasbourg filming a coming segment for his series “Parts Unknown.”

“His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller,” a statement from CNN said. “His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much.”

Mr. Bourdain’s knack for using food as a quasi-journalistic tool to explore other cultures and tell emotionally affecting—and often politically probing—human stories created a new form of television and in the process made him a global celebrity.

His Emmy-winning CNN show, “Parts Unknown,” on the air since 2013, helped reshape the network’s prime-time programming strategy away from a reliance on the volatility of the daily news cycle and inspired many imitators.
[......]
News of Mr. Bourdain’s death prompted an outpouring of reaction from a host of celebrities on social media, some from the food scene and some outside of it.
[......]​
You're full of SHIT!
A.B. travelled by private jet whenever he could otherwise it was first class.
He has been filmed eating at the finest restaurants in the world.
CNN lost the one series that was keeping the network financially afloat.
Watch for CNN to 'milk' A.B. episodes for every drop.
CNN is already running A.B.s episodes all day now.

RIP.

I have to mention that one of the news networks this morning described him as a "visionary." Wasn't he a chef who traveled to different parts of the world on a cooking show? :dunno: I don't know. Maybe he did more than that. I'm not very familiar with him myself. I've watched his show maybe 5 times. I'm probably usually at work when his show comes on.

RIP.

I have to mention that one of the news networks this morning described him as a "visionary." Wasn't he a chef who traveled to different parts of the world on a cooking show? :dunno: I don't know. Maybe he did more than that. I'm not very familiar with him myself. I've watched his show maybe 5 times. I'm probably usually at work when his show comes on.
I don't know about visionary, but his "angle" has always been showing how average folks live, even if he was going to eat critter baked in a fire of dried camel dung, or partake in a baked bean supper at the Grange Hall in some podunk town in Maine or Minnesota.

He never did the touristy stuff. He went to a lot of countries that were in the news, like Libya, Saudi Arabia and Iran. So it was about travel but it was about how basically similar folks are everywhere.

Its so easy to just off someone...then tie a rope around his neck and attach it to a doorknob.
A.B. was 'chipping' heroin and he KNEW he was going to be found out and he KNEW that would end his career/reputation/CNN gig.
When the mother's daughter discovered what A.B. was doing she refused to allow him to see his daughter.
A.B. was 'chipping' heroin
How do you know? Actually, a relapse was what I was guessing might have happened, too. Maybe Percocet though--he's rich now.

How do you know? Actually, a relapse was what I was guessing might have happened, too. Maybe Percocet though--he's rich now.

Same thought I had. That he had relapsed back onto heroin and couldn't face the prospect of getting clean again. Just speculation, I know.

Same thought I had. That he had relapsed back onto heroin and couldn't face the prospect of getting clean again. Just speculation, I know.
For his sake, I hope we never find out.

While being an admitted New York Leftie who's show broadcasts on CNN, which is basically the Democratic party's fake news propaganda network, Anthony Bourdain did a great job keeping his politics off the screen, and for that, I have great respect for him.

Perhaps because he realized it would be utterly stupid and self defeating on a career level if he is alienating at least half the country as prospective viewers. If only the elitist morons in the media and Hollywood would come to the same realization.

A.B. had a hole in his heart no amount of booze and drugs could ever fill.
When I saw his Seattle episode where he said: "Any self respecting person should know how to roll a joint" that was the end for me.
I posted on this forum asking him how old would his daughter need to be for him to teach her how to roll a joint?
He was a world class nihilist/narcissist asshole. Good riddance!
Every LIB in the country is weeping today.
Let them!

You obviously know nothing about him.
He was not a liberal, as in in the American modern liberal of big-nanny government and regulate every move everyone ever makes. The guy didn't even believe in taxation, and more than once ran into a little trouble with the IRS.
He was a libertarian...basically categorically the opposite of a liberal.

\Generally speaking, libertarians are just criminals.
Urine idiot.

It is, of course, distasteful to speculate about the reasons for a person's suicide.

So I shan't.

I believe that the only "hint" that has emerged is a comment from a friend of Mr.Bourdain's girlfriend. This friend claims that Mr. Bourdain and his girlfriend had agreed to have an "untraditional relationship."

Maybe we ordinary people will never know the actual reason. And maybe that is how it should be.

Forum List

Back