Anthony Bourdain, CNN host and celebrity chef, dead at 61

My first question with suicides these days is always the same. What prescription meds was he on? Sounds like Kate Spade was on both antideppresents and anti anxiety meds at THE SAME TIME.

Someday we need to understand that these things can, and often do, make problems in the brain worse, not better.

Possibly, however they were most likely already diagnosed with depression and therefore prescribed the medication. In other words they were already candidates for suicide, I'm not so sure whether they were on medication or not is necessarily damning for those medications.

Read the link. Of course they would have had to have been diagnosed, but as the links indicate, the medication increases the risk of suicide and Violent behavior by 50% over Placebo. And at the same time, Placebo (sugar pills) are nearly as effective as the very dangerous prescription meds.

My first question with suicides these days is always the same. What prescription meds was he on? Sounds like Kate Spade was on both antideppresents and anti anxiety meds at THE SAME TIME.

Someday we need to understand that these things can, and often do, make problems in the brain worse, not better.

Possibly, however they were most likely already diagnosed with depression and therefore prescribed the medication. In other words they were already candidates for suicide, I'm not so sure whether they were on medication or not is necessarily damning for those medications.

Read the link. Of course they would have had to have been diagnosed, but as the links indicate, the medication increases the risk of suicide and Violent behavior by 50% over Placebo. And at the same time, Placebo (sugar pills) are nearly as effective as the very dangerous prescription meds.

I don't doubt your link, at least not until I see it. Maybe you posted it already but I'm not finding it above.

I also don't doubt that some medications in some people can make them more suicidal. However there are millions who are on anti-depressants now who wouldn't be able to function without them.

I don't usually like to talk about my personal life however there was a time when I was on sertraline, I had developed generalized anxiety disorder, mostly from not dealing with my own depression and at that moment in time, I needed an anti-depressant and I can say that it indeed saved my life just so I could just get through the day and cognizant enough that I could undergo some pretty painful therapy without falling apart.

Due to some..*ahem* unfortunate yet well known side effects of the drug I ultimately decided to go off of it after a couple years, however I have to say that while on it I was at my best emotionally. I'm still OK, however it takes a little work to stay balanced. Anyway, in the end it was a personal choice that had more to do with physical side effects than anything else.

Like I said, I usually don't get into my own personal life however I think it's important for those who do suffer from depression to talk about their experiences including the medications they have taken whether that experience was positive or negative. I find that for me sertraline was not a wonder drug though it did help and so also not really the boogeyman that people who have never taken the medication think it is.

I must not have included the links. Here are a few:

Antidepressants linked to suicide and aggression in teens

Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages

Antidepressants can raise the risk of suicide, biggest ever review finds

How about the lack of taking anti-depressants leads to depression and thus to suicide also?

Dumbass!

I find it very strange he would do this in the middle of filming for his show, happy with his girlfriend, being a dad to an 11 year old. Very strange. And very suspicious.

Like I said, was Hillary or Bill seen around Paris recently? People commit suicide around them all of the time. I wonder if Hillary and Kate Spade had any recent contact.

Anti depressants CAUSE suicidal thoughts. Look at the warning labels. See for yourself.
Its kinda dumb to prescribe such meds when it exacerbates the problem.

Holy Shit. That’s awful. He had one of the best shows on television.
I've been his fan since he started on the Travel Channel with No Reservations. After years of Samantha Brown and Rick Steves, Tony was one hell of a welcome change. I remember one of his first shows, in Iceland. God, he hated that place. He ripped it up one side and down the other and complained the whole time he was there. It was great.

He went through his travel seasons, chef seasons and political seasons, and he was always thoughtful, interesting and funny. I'm really saddened that he was so sad and that he's gone.

Oh crap, I'm going to Iceland in October.

Don't take any rope with you!

I still think it suspicious. Its a perfect way to off somebody...especially when they are known to suffer depression. However, he may have not been suicidal...or suicidal at this time. Yet...perfect timing, dontcha think, if someone did want him hushed up for whatever reason.

Anti depressants CAUSE suicidal thoughts. Look at the warning labels. See for yourself.

the reason some give for possibility of increased instances of suicide in persons
on anti-depressants is--------the mind of the patient and his ability to ACT
is slightly galvanized over a prior possible catatonic state----and "psycho-
motor retardation" It is not supposed to be a lasting effect or even a
common effect-------just a rare possible complication..

Homosexuality and drug addiction are illnesses with limited hope of recovery.

Especially if the homo or addict sees them as ideologies..which bourdain definitely did.

God, you’re a fucking twit.
Sorry to burst your bubble but he killed himself and was a homo. Seems like lots of them end up dead at their own hands.

:lol:

Anthony Bourdain wasn't gay, fuckwit.

Following KG's lead isn't a great plan, as a general rule.
I wasn't, I was posting what I posted earlier. He certainly was gay, and they often have serious emotional problems. BTW, were you ever able to look into that incident I asked you about? Thanks.

:lol:

No, he wasn't. He's been married twice (to women), has a daughter, and was dating Asia Argento until, well, today.

Good cover?

I don't doubt your link, at least not until I see it. Maybe you posted it already but I'm not finding it above.

I also don't doubt that some medications in some people can make them more suicidal. However there are millions who are on anti-depressants now who wouldn't be able to function without them.

I don't usually like to talk about my personal life however there was a time when I was on sertraline, I had developed generalized anxiety disorder, mostly from not dealing with my own depression and at that moment in time, I needed an anti-depressant and I can say that it indeed saved my life just so I could just get through the day and cognizant enough that I could undergo some pretty painful therapy without falling apart.

Due to some..*ahem* unfortunate yet well known side effects of the drug I ultimately decided to go off of it after a couple years, however I have to say that while on it I was at my best emotionally. I'm still OK, however it takes a little work to stay balanced. Anyway, in the end it was a personal choice that had more to do with physical side effects than anything else.

Like I said, I usually don't get into my own personal life however I think it's important for those who do suffer from depression to talk about their experiences including the medications they have taken whether that experience was positive or negative. I find that for me sertraline was not a wonder drug though it did help and so also not really the boogeyman that people who have never taken the medication think it is.

How about the lack of taking anti-depressants leads to depression and thus to suicide also?

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

The studies say INCREASED risks. That means MORE risk Einstein

Last edited:

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

The studies say INCREASED risks. That means MORE risk dimwit.

please note----if the "ahem" led your wife to walk out on you-------be not dismayed------IF THAT WOULD DO IT----YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER

Speaking to The Guardian in January 2017, Bourdain reflected on his chaotic life in the kitchens, saying he had finally "put aside my psychotic rage, after many years being awful to line cooks, abusive to waiters, bullying to dishwashers."

He added: "I was an unhappy soul, with a huge heroin and then crack problem. I hurt, disappointed, and offended many, many, many people, and I regret a lot. It's a shame I have to live with."

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

please note----if the "ahem" led your wife to walk out on you-------be not dismayed------IF THAT WOULD DO IT----YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER

Huh?

the reason some give for possibility of increased instances of suicide in persons

Rare? Studies show the prescription of certain antidepressants increase violent behavior by 50% over other treatments for depression.

Rare? Studies show the prescription of certain antidepressants increase violent behavior by 50% over other treatments for depression.

In depression the big clinical sigh of depression is PYCHOMOTOR RETARDATION-------the afflicted move slowly and think slowly---
when they respond to anti depressants-----THEY SPEED UP both in
thought and motor activity. Depression itself is NOT NOTABLE in quantity,
thus a 50% increase is "nuthin' wit nuthin"------they just DO more---

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

So, if you give them the medication they are MORE likely to kill themselves than if you gave them nothing?

Let's see your definitive proof of THAT!

Your proposal is ludicrous that they would EVER prescribe such medication.

That's like prescribing a couple of good belts of booze before bedtime for an alcoholic!

Saying , "Here take this oxy, it will take care of that headache" to an addict.

What's the first part of The Hippocratic Oath, dumbass?

So I'm supposed to be sad that a lifelong heroin-pin-cushion, elitist liberal who death-threatened Trump, and openly spewed hatred at fellow whites all the time, has gone to that opium poppy field in the sky? Looks like the joke's on him; Trump is alive and he's not. I'm wondering if it was a masturbation accident like David Carradine, who truly defined the saying, "tightening one's belt."

Also, I believe his international food touring show was just a front for him secretly establishing new junk connections abroad. His character was naturally rotten enough I don't believe for a second he had the inner strength within him to quit an addiction that strong. One less leftist junkie in the world, boohoo.

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

Huh?

the unfortunate well known side effect. Well---one of them is weight gain-----another could be
dry mouth-----another could be....AHEM.
Maybe I got confuses on SNs

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

So, if you give them the medication they are MORE likely to kill themselves than if you gave them nothing?

That's like prescribing a couple of good belts of booze before bedtime for an alcoholic!

The links are above. You can ignore data all you want. We know why also, you like turning kids into zombies. Makes the job easier, right. You’ve already admitted as much.

An oath? Then why the hell do they buy malpractice insurance?

You got to be kidding me!

Dumbass!

You got proof of that?

The links are above. You can ignore data all you want. We know why also, you like turning kids into zombies. Makes the job easier, right. You’ve already admitted as much.

An oath? Then why the hell do they buy malpractice insurance?

You got to be kidding me!

I am sorry, you are not intelligent enough to carry this discussion.

You know so little and talk so much, it is embarrassing.

I'm done exposing your lack of intellect. You have completed that mission on your own.

For some...antidepressants are a life saver. Figuratively speaking. For others...it pushes them over the edge even more.

Forum List

Back