Anthem Blue Cross raises premiums 39%

In truth insurance companies are the ultimate way of avoiding personal responsibility for ones actions and lives.

Right...so it's your own fault your kids have Downe's Syndrome.....what the fuck kind of thinking is this....or are you a proponent of eugenics?

It is the responsibility of the parents that had that child.
Yeah life sucks sometimes, but who said it was fair?

but then to support tort reform and then those parents find out it was a medicine or food additive that caused the retardation...

In truth insurance companies are the ultimate way of avoiding personal responsibility for ones actions and lives.

Right...so it's your own fault your kids have Downe's Syndrome.....what the fuck kind of thinking is this....or are you a proponent of eugenics?

Ahhhhh...so it's the parents fault their child has Downe's Syndrome.

What is your recommendation...sterilization? Ship them off to an internment camp for the genetically unstable? Please tell us.....Heinrich

Ahhhhh...so it's the parents fault their child has Downe's Syndrome.

What is your recommendation...sterilization? Ship them off to an internment camp for the genetically unstable? Please tell us.....Heinrich

did I say it was their fault? Well they did cause the pregnancy didn't they?
So is it my fault they had a retarded child?
Perhaps it is Gods fault and they should take it up with him?
I have sympathy for them but it IS their responsibility.

The prescription drug industry also raises costs by their direct advertising of prescription drugs to consumers.

Do you have RLS, we have a pill for that ask you Dr.

Do you have limp weenie? well Medicare will pay for a pill for that too.

Exactly!!!! The prescription drug industry runs wild over patients because they say..."you take this medicine or you die...those are your choices."
Damn that Big Pharm to Hell.

I said it when they first started doing the debate about HC and I'll say it again now:

The REAL problem is insurance companies, get rid of them and healthcare is an easy fix.

BAN them.

You're putting the cart before the horse....the real culprit is ever increasing medical labor costs, devices costs and prescription medicine costs.

The purpose of insurance companies is to spread risk over a large pool of people. When the costs insurance companies cover rise 20% a year what choice do insurance companies have?
Other successful countries spend half of what we do per person on medical, and provide better coverage.
Of course, they count on the U.S. Pharmaceutical companies to invent the drugs and our Universities to come up with new surgical procedures.

....the real culprit is ever increasing medical labor costs, devices costs and prescription medicine costs.
saw this after my reply....

I think the costs for everyting you mention need to be dropped and then controlled.
Government price controls do not work. Medical labor costs are high for a variety of reasons, but only a couple are amenable to effective government intervention. Medical schools cost too much; The state governments can fund state universities to bring those costs down.

There is no easy cure for costly medicines; there was an entire thread a while back about increasing the Patent lifetime for Pharm companies which covered why, look it up.

I have not looked into the costs of medical devices, but suspect they too have prices which are in line with the actual cost of producing/developing them.

I saw someone on this thread talk about other countries with cheaper + better health care. I am leery of trusting those statistics. Consider two countries. In Fitopia no one smokes, drinks alcohol, or uses illegal drugs, there is no violence and everyone is athletic from regular exercise and good diet; their life expectancy is 102 and they pay a pittance on health care. In Slobenia everyone drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney, eats a diet of mostly fat and sugar and spends their life reclining on a self-propelled couch, but they have free care for any medical ailment; the life expectancy in Slobenia is 37 after two bypass surgeries. How much blame for poor health must be placed at the feet of the people who have poor health? Why should someone else have to pay for it?

You squirmy little pissant...don't try to weasel out of what you said with this bullshit excuse for your stupidity....
did I say it was their fault? Well they did cause the pregnancy didn't they?
So is it my fault they had a retarded child?
Perhaps it is Gods fault and they should take it up with him?
I have sympathy for them but it IS their responsibility.

Uhhhhhh.....yeah......you did say it was their fault.

So what say you Himmler....ship them off to the camps right? Then "delouse" them? That should take care of their having a baby that doesn't meet your standards of perfection. Right?
You sick fuck!!!!!

You're putting the cart before the horse....the real culprit is ever increasing medical labor costs, devices costs and prescription medicine costs.

The purpose of insurance companies is to spread risk over a large pool of people. When the costs insurance companies cover rise 20% a year what choice do insurance companies have?
Other successful countries spend half of what we do per person on medical, and provide better coverage.

Your right...it's called government subsidized medicine which means HIGHER TAXES for everyone and if their care is so great...why do they all come to America for their medical needs? :lol:

Ask Murtha....

Oh and lets not forget, you can come here and get whatever you want if you can afford it....

This is exactly why most Americans want a public option.

ROFLMAO ! Most Americans want a mansion and a Lamborghini too, unfortunately most of them lack the resources and/or the desire to pay them.

How about we ask the American People

"Do you support a public option and are you willing to have your taxes increased to pay for it" ..... what do you think we'd get, maybe 10% supporting it?

It's just amazing how much "support" you can get when you ask a question that seems to offer something for nothing and how fast that support vanishes when you add "oh and you'll have to pay extra for it by the way".... :lol::lol:

ROFLMAO ! Most Americans want a mansion and a Lamborghini too, unfortunately most of them lack the resources and/or the desire to pay them.

How about we ask the American People

"Do you support a public option and are you willing to have your taxes increased to pay for it" ..... what do you think we'd get, maybe 10% supporting it?

It's just amazing how much "support" you can get when you ask a question that seems to offer something for nothing and how fast that support vanishes when you add "oh and you'll have to pay extra for it by the way".... :lol::lol:

You don't pay taxes to support a public option. Obviously you have no idea what the public option would be or would do.

Go do some research, quit embarassing your species.

The few idiots that do want it only want it because the dems have convinced them that "the rich" will be paying for it .....

No, about 55 to 60 percent of Americans support it and no the rich don't pay for it.

Let me get this straight, 60% of Americans support the public option, Obama wants a single payer system, but the public option was ousted early on.........:cuckoo:

The few idiots that do want it only want it because the dems have convinced them that "the rich" will be paying for it .....

No, about 55 to 60 percent of Americans support it and no the rich don't pay for it.

Let me get this straight, 60% of Americans support the public option, Obama wants a single payer system, but the public option was ousted early on.........:cuckoo:

The public option was passed by the House.

Forum List

Back