Antebellum Democrats

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Herman Cain

The latest installment in the Democratic Party’s attempt to divide the country came this week when their favorite daughter, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D – NY), used the occasion of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to stem the decline of Black people voting for their candidates. Democrats are justifiably frightened over the fact that in 2004 President Bush received between 12 to 16 percent support from African-American voters in battleground states such as Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Speaking this week at Harlem’s Canaan Baptist Church of Christ, Mrs. Clinton stated, “When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I’m talking about.”

Allow me to decipher what Clinton was talking about in that insulting statement, largely unexplained by media outlets and pundits from across the ideological spectrum. Mrs. Clinton attempted to explain her statement as a reference to recent allegations against members such as Reps. Tom DeLay (R-TX) and Bob Ney (R-OH). No, Clinton’s use of the word “house” was torn straight from the chapter in the Democrats’ political handbook titled “Race-bait when speaking before African-American audiences.”

You see, to African-Americans of a certain generation, the word “house,” when used in conjunction with the word “plantation,” carries a sinister and derogatory connotation, recalling the era of legalized slavery through the years of legalized segregation mid-way through the last century. The house is where the master lived, and the plantation is where the slaves worked, largely powerless to challenge their conditions.

Mrs. Clinton subtly attempted through her comments to equate House Republicans to white slave owners and the U.S. House of Representatives to a 19th century southern plantation. She may have hoped that her divisive analogy of the U.S. House to a plantation would slip past her critics and political opponents, but it didn’t work.

Mrs. Clinton’s remark goes against everything Dr. King represented, no matter how you interpreted her comments. If she was pitting Black people versus White people, that’s race baiting. If she was talking about the “haves” and the “have-nots,” that’s inciting class warfare. If she was talking about Republicans versus Democrats, then she was playing party politics on a day of recognition that should be about unity.

Democrats have not the desire or the will to change their divisive tactics. To them, it’s all about attempting to win the next election. Even if their negativity threatens national security or economic prosperity, to them it’s all about the next election, even on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Our grandchildren deserve more than terminal status quo. The only effective strategy toward expelling divisive Democrats from Congress, as history has shown, is greater involvement by “we the people.” It’s not enough to just vote on Election Day. We must make our voices heard in between Election Days.

“We the people” have got to stop being “we the stupid” and “we the forgetful” when politicians pander to gain our applause and votes. Comments like those made this week by Mrs. Clinton will destroy our nation, instead of uniting it as Dr. King dreamed.

President Bush’s support in 2004 among African-Americans indicates that when voters hear the truth, versus distortion and lies, they are willing to support conservative candidates. Some of us are thinking for ourselves. Mrs. Clinton and the Congressional Democrats will discover in 2006 and 2008 that many of us have already left their plantation.

You know what I’m talking about.

Herman Cain is host of the nationally syndicated radio talk show The Bottom Line with Herman Cain and a contributing columnist on Townhall.com.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/HermanCain/2006/01/20/183313.html[/url]

Stephanie said:
Herman Cain

The latest installment in the Democratic Party’s attempt to divide the country came this week when their favorite daughter, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D – NY), used the occasion of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to stem the decline of Black people voting for their candidates. Democrats are justifiably frightened over the fact that in 2004 President Bush received between 12 to 16 percent support from African-American voters in battleground states such as Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Speaking this week at Harlem’s Canaan Baptist Church of Christ, Mrs. Clinton stated, “When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I’m talking about.”

Allow me to decipher what Clinton was talking about in that insulting statement, largely unexplained by media outlets and pundits from across the ideological spectrum. Mrs. Clinton attempted to explain her statement as a reference to recent allegations against members such as Reps. Tom DeLay (R-TX) and Bob Ney (R-OH). No, Clinton’s use of the word “house” was torn straight from the chapter in the Democrats’ political handbook titled “Race-bait when speaking before African-American audiences.”

You see, to African-Americans of a certain generation, the word “house,” when used in conjunction with the word “plantation,” carries a sinister and derogatory connotation, recalling the era of legalized slavery through the years of legalized segregation mid-way through the last century. The house is where the master lived, and the plantation is where the slaves worked, largely powerless to challenge their conditions.

Mrs. Clinton subtly attempted through her comments to equate House Republicans to white slave owners and the U.S. House of Representatives to a 19th century southern plantation. She may have hoped that her divisive analogy of the U.S. House to a plantation would slip past her critics and political opponents, but it didn’t work.

Mrs. Clinton’s remark goes against everything Dr. King represented, no matter how you interpreted her comments. If she was pitting Black people versus White people, that’s race baiting. If she was talking about the “haves” and the “have-nots,” that’s inciting class warfare. If she was talking about Republicans versus Democrats, then she was playing party politics on a day of recognition that should be about unity.

Democrats have not the desire or the will to change their divisive tactics. To them, it’s all about attempting to win the next election. Even if their negativity threatens national security or economic prosperity, to them it’s all about the next election, even on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Our grandchildren deserve more than terminal status quo. The only effective strategy toward expelling divisive Democrats from Congress, as history has shown, is greater involvement by “we the people.” It’s not enough to just vote on Election Day. We must make our voices heard in between Election Days.

“We the people” have got to stop being “we the stupid” and “we the forgetful” when politicians pander to gain our applause and votes. Comments like those made this week by Mrs. Clinton will destroy our nation, instead of uniting it as Dr. King dreamed.

President Bush’s support in 2004 among African-Americans indicates that when voters hear the truth, versus distortion and lies, they are willing to support conservative candidates. Some of us are thinking for ourselves. Mrs. Clinton and the Congressional Democrats will discover in 2006 and 2008 that many of us have already left their plantation.

You know what I’m talking about.

Herman Cain is host of the nationally syndicated radio talk show The Bottom Line with Herman Cain and a contributing columnist on Townhall.com.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/HermanCain/2006/01/20/183313.html[/url]

I agree. If you listen to the 'applause' for Rodham, you will note it is polite, nothing more. Even the friendly audience, recognized they were being used. This is a lose/lose for Hillary Rodham.

Hillary and all the other race baiting Democrats make me sick. I can't find one good reason why anyone would vote for them. :puke3:

Stephanie said:
Hillary and all the other race baiting Democrats make me sick. I can't find one good reason why anyone would vote for them. :puke3:

Those 'caring people' and 'those in need' see the Democrats as the bastion of hope. Even in a friendly crowd of Blacks that came to a church to hear her, voluntarily, there was only polite applause, no more. They recognized race baiting.

Forum List

Back