Another win for Obamacare

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Who could have foreseen something like this?

Some major health insurance companies have stopped issuing certain types of policies for children, an unintended consequence of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law, state officials said Friday.Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty said in his state UnitedHealthcare and Blue Cross Blue Shield have stopped issuing new policies that cover children individually. Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Kim Holland said a couple of local insurers in her state have done likewise.
Starting later this year, the health care overhaul law requires insurers to accept children regardless of medical problems. Insurers are worried that parents will wait until kids get sick to sign them up, saddling the companies with unpredictable costs.

The Associated Press: Some insurers stop writing new coverage for kids

Just anyone who can think.

It was deliberate, intended consequence of ObamaCare, the goal is to crush the private insurance industry, then get to Universal ComradeCare

This kind of stuff was one of the biggest concerns.

Instead of paying 300.00 a month for Insurance, just pay the 95.00 fine the 1st year, pay the 250.00 the next year and so on, then when you need Insurance you can sign up as no pre-existing conditions clause, in the mean time any accidents, etc. are already covered by the county health dept. or Hospital.

BO Care at it's finest

As a person who like to give people the benefit of the doubt, there is a question about liberal policies I still am not sure about. Are they well intentioned but stupid or are they really just power hungry? Losing choice generally doesn't work out too well for society.

Insurers are worried that parents will wait until kids get sick to sign them up, saddling the companies with unpredictable costs.

Now start a thread about how much you hate the mandate and want it taken out. And then maybe one about how the law is too many pages, for good measure.

Insurers are worried that parents will wait until kids get sick to sign them up, saddling the companies with unpredictable costs.
Now start a thread about how much you hate the mandate and want it taken out. And then maybe one about how the law is too many pages, for good measure.

Hey, I am pretty consistent, I hate the whole law.

It never Ceases to Fail me that people are still holding out and supporting this Bill.

I mean on either side of the Debate.. It Does not insure everyone, It will not lower costs, It will add to the Debt. It contains almost nothing the Left wanted, and plenty of what the Right did not want. I just do not get why you still cling to it. When something is done so wrong. You need to toss it out, and fucking do it right, not cling to it because you are afraid of losing something, when what you stand to lose is not the answer to our problems anyways.

This bill is straight up nothing but a tool designed to Drive the Insurance companies out of Business, and fuck things up just enough, that people will beg for Universal Health care.

as a person who like to give people the benefit of the doubt, there is a question about liberal policies i still am not sure about. Are they well intentioned but stupid or are they really just power hungry? Losing choice generally doesn't work out too well for society.

power hungry!!!!

Hell, why not.... then it would be like that piece of shit HC plan.... long and laboriously beaurocratic. :doubt:

Well, I was for a Canadian type plan. However, that would have been impossible to pass, so this abortion is what resulted. Still, better than nothing at all, and we can build it into are real universal health care plan in the future.

Now wingnuts, are your jaws tight enough yet? A 10% income tax on the first 500,000 of income would do to initially fund it.

Brits abandon ObamaCare

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/world/europe/25britain.html?_r=2&hp

Britain Plans to Decentralize Health Care
By SARAH LYALL
Published: July 24, 2010

LONDON — Perhaps the only consistent thing about Britain’s socialized health care system is that it is in a perpetual state of flux, its structure constantly changing as governments search for the elusive formula that will deliver the best care for the cheapest price while costs and demand escalate.

Tell us more about your favorite TV Show: Government Knows Best

Well, I was for a Canadian type plan. However, that would have been impossible to pass, so this abortion is what resulted. Still, better than nothing at all, and we can build it into are real universal health care plan in the future.

Now wingnuts, are your jaws tight enough yet? A 10% income tax on the first 500,000 of income would do to initially fund it.

So, something that makes things worse is better than nothing. Do you see why people think liberals are stupid?

So, something that makes things worse is better than nothing. Do you see why people think liberals are stupid?

Instant Classic!

Across the board? You want a surtax of $3,500 on people making $35,000?

Is that what you're saying?

Forum List

Back