Another warmist changes his mind....

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
One of the leading UK warmists has begun rethinking his position based on the evidence he is reading...

Tim Yeo: humans may not be to blame for global warming
Humans may not be responsible for global warming, according to Tim Yeo, the MP who oversees government policy on climate change.

"The chairman of the Commons Energy and Climate Change committee said he accepts the earth’s temperature is increasing but said “natural phases” may be to blame.

Such a suggestion sits at odds with the scientific consensus. One recent survey of 12,000 academic papers on climate change found 97 per cent agree human activities are causing the planet to warm.

Mr Yeo, an environment minister under John Major, is one of the Conservative Party’s strongest advocates of radical action to cut carbon emissions. His comments are significant as he was one of the first senior figures to urge the party to take the issue of environmental change seriously.

He insisted such action is “prudent” given the threat climate change poses to living standards worldwide. But, he said, human action is merely a “possible cause”.

Tim Yeo: humans may not be to blame for global warming - Telegraph

The wheels are falling off and those who have not drunk so deeply of the koolaid that they have lost all ability to think are bailing from the good sinking ship AGW while there is still some chance of salvaging a career when an actual science rises from the ashes of the crashed and burned field of climate pseudoscience that we are presently living with.

I agree, westwall. Once upon a time on this planet, over half its human population believed the world was flat. We don't know what the other half thought, because that human population lived in this hemisphere now known as North and South America, not to mention the Island Continent.

The world is not flat, and this world has many secrets man does not know about.

However, scientific man needs support for his work. The population will not support his work without a foray into the <ahem> scientific basis of getting what you want through psychological and sociological principles. :lmao:

And since religious principles prevent lying, many scientists go for atheism, which practices inconsistent adherence to the full truth, imho, so it is the drug of choice for those willing to reap financial rewards for what they consider is their fair share of the human pie.

This is not to detract from anyone who exercises a lack of religious belief, being unable to wrap his minds around a beneficial higher force in the universe, but adherence to seeking truth, doing right things, and walking humbly has benefitted and prospered the human race considerably. In fact, it was that essence of seeking truth that was born in the hearts of ancient scholars that brought about the scientific world, and in my humble heart, I think some have thrown out the baby with the bathwater when it comes to rejecting all the tenets that our Bible hands to us from earlier misfortunes in human experience and how to avoid it in the future. And I accept that some will think less of me for having deep faith that establishes a connection with centuries of believers since the start of human history, written some on stone, some on papyrus, much lost when great libraries burned to the ground by conquerors who saw prosperity by taking out knowledge and throwing the conquered into ignorance by killing adults and saving only very young children to be raised as ignorant slaves and mistreated accordingly.

That said I'm not surprised 97% of scientists believed a thing that would prosper them. They're men with families to support.

Last edited:
The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived and dishonest – but the myth – persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
President John F. Kennedy

The human fingerprint in global warming

The skeptic argument...

It's not us
'What do the skeptics believe? First, they concur with the believers that the Earth has been warming since the end of a Little Ice Age around 1850. The cause of this warming is the question. Believers think the warming is man-made, while the skeptics believe the warming is natural and contributions from man are minimal and certainly not potentially catastrophic à la Al Gore.' (Neil Frank)

What the science says...

Multiple sets of independent observations find a human fingerprint on climate change.

When presented with the overwhelming evidence that the planet is warming, many people react by asking "but how can we be sure that we’re causing the warming?" It turns out that the observed global warming has a distinct human fingerprint on it.

In climatology, as in any other science, establishing causation is more complicated than merely establishing an effect. However, there are a number of lines of evidence that have helped to convince climate scientists that the current global warming can be attributed to human greenhouse gas emissions (in particular CO2). Here are just some of them:

vfF9l3P.jpg

The first four pieces of evidence show that humans are raising CO2 levels:

1) Humans are currently emitting around 30 billion tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere.
2) Oxygen levels are falling as if carbon is being burned to create carbon dioxide.
3) Fossil carbon is building up in the atmosphere. (We know this because the two types of carbon have different chemical properties.)
4) Corals show that fossil carbon has recently risen sharply.

Another two observations show that CO2 is trapping more heat:

5)Satellites measure less heat escaping to space at the precise wavelengths which CO2 absorbs.
6) Surface measurements find this heat is returning to Earth to warm the surface.

The last four indicators show that the observed pattern of warming is consistent with what is predicted to occur during greenhouse warming:

7) An increased greenhouse effect would make nights warm faster than days, and this is what has been observed.
8) If the warming is due to solar activity, then the upper atmosphere (the stratosphere) should warm along with the rest of the atmosphere. But if the warming is due to the greenhouse effect, the stratosphere should cool because of the heat being trapped in the lower atmosphere (the troposphere). Satellite measurements show that the stratosphere is cooling.
9) This combination of a warming troposphere and cooling stratosphere should cause the tropopause, which separates them, to rise. This has also been observed.
10) It was predicted that the ionosphere would shrink, and it is indeed shrinking.

(References for all of these findings can be found here.)

Often one hears claims that the attribution of climate change is based on modeling, and that nobody can really know its causes. But here we have a series of empirical observations, all of which point to the conclusion that humans are causing the planet to warm.

The human fingerprint in global warming

Another institute in Germany, long known for being alarmist, is now completely off the bandwagon........"global warming on hold......for hundreds of years"...........

Max Planck Institute For Meteorology: ?Prognoses Confirm Model Forecasts? Warming Postponed ?Hundreds Of Years?

Lets face it......the warming nutters are now left to try to maintain this Wizard of Oz scheme!!!!

lOsE

Bullshit. That is not what the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology is saying.

Google Translate

you k00k anti-capitalist fuckers are losing...........

Anti-capitalist? You mean anti-welfare and anti-Kochsucking?

All of the federal environmental laws, every one of the 28 major environmental laws, were designed to restore free-market capitalism in America by forcing actors in the marketplace to pay the true cost of bringing their product to market.

The free market is the most efficient and democratic way to distribute the goods of the land, and that the best thing that could happen to the environment is if we had true free-market capitalism in this country, because the free market promotes efficiency, and efficiency means the elimination of waste, and pollution of course is waste. The free market also would encourage us to properly value our natural resources, and it's the undervaluation of those resources that causes us to use them wastefully. But in a true free-market economy, you can't make yourself rich without making your neighbors rich and without enriching your community.

But what polluters do is they make themselves rich by making everybody else poor. They raise standards of living for themselves by lowering the quality of life for everybody else, and they do that by evading the discipline of the free market. You show me a polluter; I'll show you a subsidy. I'll show you a fat cat using political clout to escape the discipline of the free market and to force the public to pay his production costs. That's what all pollution is. It's always a subsidy. It's always a guy trying to cheat the free market.

Another institute in Germany, long known for being alarmist, is now completely off the bandwagon........"global warming on hold......for hundreds of years"...........

Max Planck Institute For Meteorology: ?Prognoses Confirm Model Forecasts? Warming Postponed ?Hundreds Of Years?

Lets face it......the warming nutters are now left to try to maintain this Wizard of Oz scheme!!!!

lOsE

Google Translate

Ummmm, actually yes it does. Your link references one of their ocean acidity papers.

lOsE

Google Translate

Ummmm, actually yes it does. Your link references one of their ocean acidity papers.

That is not the article I was linking. Possibly Google translate takes you to main page.

Click on: Under 'News' in the right hand column.
Climate change makes only break

All of the federal environmental laws, every one of the 28 major environmental laws, were designed to restore free-market capitalism in America by forcing actors in the marketplace to pay the true cost of bringing their product to market.

The free market is the most efficient and democratic way to distribute the goods of the land, and that the best thing that could happen to the environment is if we had true free-market capitalism in this country, because the free market promotes efficiency, and efficiency means the elimination of waste, and pollution of course is waste. The free market also would encourage us to properly value our natural resources, and it's the undervaluation of those resources that causes us to use them wastefully. But in a true free-market economy, you can't make yourself rich without making your neighbors rich and without enriching your community.

But what polluters do is they make themselves rich by making everybody else poor. They raise standards of living for themselves by lowering the quality of life for everybody else, and they do that by evading the discipline of the free market. You show me a polluter; I'll show you a subsidy. I'll show you a fat cat using political clout to escape the discipline of the free market and to force the public to pay his production costs. That's what all pollution is. It's always a subsidy. It's always a guy trying to cheat the free market.

s0n......its not 1968 anymore.:D:D:eusa_dance:

Yeeeesh. Far left guys spend their whole lives being miserable and jealous because successful people exist. Toward that end, they cant do enough in their lives being activists trying to blow up the capitalistic system via crushing taxes and regulations.

But heres the thing.......regulations on coal are crushing to the poor and middle class, especially in the Northeast United States. Of course, all of those not embracing climate hysteria know exactly why.

Oh......and ps.........

Coal is making a comeback in 2013

Is Europe Giving Up on ?Green? Energy? | Power Line

Is coal making a comeback? ? High Country News

Yeeeesh. Far left guys spend their whole lives being miserable and jealous because successful people exist. Toward that end, they cant do enough in their lives being activists trying to blow up the capitalistic system via crushing taxes and regulations.

But heres the thing.......regulations on coal are crushing to the poor and middle class, especially in the Northeast United States. Of course, all of those not embracing climate hysteria know exactly why.

Oh......and ps.........

Yea, it is so anti-capitalist to expect people to take personal responsibility for the garbage they create, and heaven forbid...clean up after themselves. My gosh, that what super funds are for! And that is 'magic' money right?

Oh......and ps.........

Yea, it is so anti-capitalist to expect people to take personal responsibility for the garbage they create, and heaven forbid...clean up after themselves. My gosh, that what super funds are for! And that is 'magic' money right?

Hey.......what can I say? Some people are OCD about the pollution stuff. The environment could be 99.9999999% pristine clean and the k00ks would still be complaining. Thankfully for the rest of us, they represent a fringe segment of the population. The same people by the way, loath anybody who is successful because they are fucking miserable that they made fucked up personal choices and need somebody to blame. Incredible levels of ghey......:up:

Meanwhile, that colorful pie above looks awesome to a homeowner like me that has to shell out for the electric bill every month. Especially love the rust color, the yellow color and the green of course. If the navy blue sliver section was bigger, we'd all be fucked.......except of course, the k00ks who dont own anything and have meager responsibilities in life.

Last edited:

Oh......and ps.........

Hey.......what can I say? Some people are OCD about the pollution stuff. The environment could be 99.9999999% pristine clean and the k00ks would still be complaining. Thankfully for the rest of us, they represent a fringe segment of the population. The same people by the way, loath anybody who is successful because they are fucking miserable that they made fucked up personal choices and need somebody to blame. Incredible levels of ghey......:up:

Meanwhile, that colorful pie above looks awesome to a homeowner like me that has to shell out for the electric bill every month. Especially love the rust color, the yellow color and the green of course. If the navy blue sliver section was bigger, we'd all be fucked.......except of course, the k00ks who dont own anything and have meager responsibilities in life.

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

You just abdicated with that ignorant post. You're the welfare queen here, not me. Personal responsibility doesn't evaporate just because you worship someone making billions of dollars. If anything personal responsibility becomes public responsibility when your waste products causes death and disease.

Forget climate change, you right wingers don't even believe pollution is harmful to humans. You could give a flying fuck how many people die prematurely, contract cancer or how many children's intellectual capacity is muted, just as long as your heating bill doesn't go up.

Coal's Assault on Human Health

Physicians for Social Responsibility has released a groundbreaking medical report, “Coal’s Assault on Human Health,” which takes a new look at the devastating impacts of coal on the human body. Coal combustion releases mercury, particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and dozens of other substances known to be hazardous to human health. This report looks at the cumulative harm inflicted by those pollutants on three major body organ systems: the respiratory system, the cardiovascular system, and the nervous system. The report also considers coal’s contribution to global warming, and the health implications of global warming.

Coal pollutants affect all major body organ systems and contribute to four of the five leading causes of mortality in the U.S.: heart disease, cancer, stroke, and chronic lower respiratory diseases. This conclusion emerges from our reassessment of the widely recognized health threats from coal. Each step of the coal lifecycle—mining, transportation,
washing, combustion, and disposing of post-combustion wastes—impacts human health. Coal combustion in particular contributes to diseases affecting large portions of the U.S. population, including asthma, lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke, compounding the major public health challenges of our time. It interferes with lung development, increases the risk of heart attacks, and compromises intellectual capacity.

Oxidative stress and inflammation are indicated as possible mechanisms in the exacerbation and development of many of the diseases under review. In addition, the report addresses another, less widely recognized health threat from coal: the contribution of coal combustion to global warming, and the current and predicted health effects
of global warming.

Coal's Assault on Human Health | PSR

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

You just abdicated with that ignorant post. You're the welfare queen here, not me. Personal responsibility doesn't evaporate just because you worship someone making billions of dollars. If anything personal responsibility becomes public responsibility when your waste products causes death and disease.

Forget climate change, you right wingers don't even believe pollution is harmful to humans. You could give a flying fuck how many people die prematurely, contract cancer or how many children's intellectual capacity is muted, just as long as your heating bill doesn't go up.

Coal's Assault on Human Health

Physicians for Social Responsibility has released a groundbreaking medical report, &#8220;Coal&#8217;s Assault on Human Health,&#8221; which takes a new look at the devastating impacts of coal on the human body. Coal combustion releases mercury, particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and dozens of other substances known to be hazardous to human health. This report looks at the cumulative harm inflicted by those pollutants on three major body organ systems: the respiratory system, the cardiovascular system, and the nervous system. The report also considers coal&#8217;s contribution to global warming, and the health implications of global warming.

Coal pollutants affect all major body organ systems and contribute to four of the five leading causes of mortality in the U.S.: heart disease, cancer, stroke, and chronic lower respiratory diseases. This conclusion emerges from our reassessment of the widely recognized health threats from coal. Each step of the coal lifecycle&#8212;mining, transportation,
washing, combustion, and disposing of post-combustion wastes&#8212;impacts human health. Coal combustion in particular contributes to diseases affecting large portions of the U.S. population, including asthma, lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke, compounding the major public health challenges of our time. It interferes with lung development, increases the risk of heart attacks, and compromises intellectual capacity.

Oxidative stress and inflammation are indicated as possible mechanisms in the exacerbation and development of many of the diseases under review. In addition, the report addresses another, less widely recognized health threat from coal: the contribution of coal combustion to global warming, and the current and predicted health effects
of global warming.

Coal's Assault on Human Health | PSR

Oh Gawd........s0n, you need a fucking hobby or something!!!:coffee:

Ignorant post.........but winning post s0n!!!

Philosophy is gay, by the way.

Last edited:
The wheels are falling off and those who have not drunk so deeply of the koolaid that they have lost all ability to think are bailing from the good sinking ship AGW while there is still some chance of salvaging a career when an actual science rises from the ashes of the crashed and burned field of climate pseudoscience that we are presently living with.

another set up for failure in right wing world belief systems:eusa_shhh:

Before you open your mouth and make a complete ass of yourself I would suggest you read what the leading warmists are saying. It just might save you some embarrassment.

The scientists were already predicting warming even by the 70s. Even way back then, the scientists had it right. That's why AGW theory has so much credibility, because it's been making correct predictions for decades.

Now, scientists have no control over whatever tabloids declared an ice age was coming. Thus, any impartial observer should try ignoring the tabloids, and look at actual science instead.

How about.......perception fAiL s0n!!!

At least we navigate life outside these fantasy bubbles!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::fu:

Forum List

Back