Another troubling Obama advisor

Quit being retarded, it really gets annoying when I'm actually trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.

Seriously, did I really need to qualify it with "white" women were not slaves for you to get what I meant?

White women were defacto slaves, unable to own property, vote and other things. They had no right to attend school and in a lot of places were barred from running for office.

I suggest you learn some history.

It isn't the same, IMO. Women actually are more discriminated against and have been for longer across all cultures.

You are the one that made the claim.

Lets here your explanation.

The claim???

That's rich. I don't think it's to much of a "claim" to state that gender is different than race. I think anyone that's not being intentionally ignorant recognizes that they are not equal. Perhaps I should also explain my outrageous claim that sea turtles are different than coconut laden, African swallows.

Which is no reason to elect someone to office. Especially someone with the obvious baggage Obama has.

True, in most cases.

That is why I was careful to say "all else being equal," why not go for the guy that at least offers a chance at some upside. If you disagree with my contention that all else is essentially equal, then go right ahead.

White women were defacto slaves, unable to own property, vote and other things. They had no right to attend school and in a lot of places were barred from running for office.

I suggest you learn some history.

Have I disputed any of this?

You are quite the condescending asshole sometimes. Oddly enough mostly when you're wrong. When you're right you're actually pretty likable.

You're the one making the claim (or at least strongly implying) that gender is no different than race. That's just plain stupid. Sorry, it just is.

Have I disputed any of this?

You are quite the condescending asshole sometimes. Oddly enough mostly when you're wrong. When you're right you're actually pretty likable.

You're the one making the claim (or at least strongly implying) that gender is no different than race. That's just plain stupid. Sorry, it just is.

Then your claim that we should elect Obama because he is black and blacks were once slaves also applies to women. They to were slaves and in fact face more discrimination legally today then a black man does.

The claim???

That's rich. I don't think it's to much of a "claim" to state that gender is different than race. I think anyone that's not being intentionally ignorant recognizes that they are not equal. Perhaps I should also explain my outrageous claim that sea turtles are different than coconut laden, African swallows.

You're FOS. You made the statement that it would be a better thing for blacks to have a black president than it would be for women to have a female president. Dance around all you want, that's what you insinuated.

And yes, women have been slaves, even if their skin color put them in that position in the sense you mean of slavery. Black men got the right to vote before any women did in our country.

Women were not slaves.

I beg to differ. Women have been slaves to men and continue to over large parts of the planet.

Ever hear of the rule of thumb... Know where that comes from? It's how big the stick you beat your wife can be. It can be no bigger than your thumb.

You may not call it slavery but damn it... It is.

You're FOS. You made the statement that it would be a better thing for blacks to have a black president than it would be for women to have a female president. Dance around all you want, that's what you insinuated.

And yes, women have been slaves, even if their skin color put them in that position in the sense you mean of slavery. Black men got the right to vote before any women did in our country.

If I'm FOS, then your barrels are overflowing and flooding the streets. I made no such statement, and insinuated no such thing.

It probably won't do any good, but I'll try once again to connect with your teenie weenie little pea brain. I think the odds are strongly in favor of it not really being much different no matter who wins. Follow me so far? However, at least with Obama, there is an opportunity, however slim, that his presidency will greatly advance the cause of racial harmony. And despite all the injustices women have suffered at the hands of society throughout history, I do not believe there exists anywhere near the discord between men and women, that there exists between races. When women start to demonstrate their unity via gang violence, rioting, looting and wearing don't snitch t-shirts, maybe I'll consider your woefully unreasoned argument.

Maybe women should do those things. After all, they seem to be the ones that are more apt to get raped and beaten and paid less for the same work. But of course that pales in comparison to being called names, I suppose. Though women do get called names as well.

Maybe women should do those things. After all, they seem to be the ones that are more apt to get raped and beaten and paid less for the same work. But of course that pales in comparison to being called names, I suppose. Though women do get called names as well.

Are you suggesting that there is a chance all that will end if Clinton gets elected president?

It's just as logical to think that as it is to think racism will cease to exist if Obama gets elected.

Either, IMO, would be good for their respective group's civil rights though neither is a magic bullet. You are just being silly when you think that one group would benefit but not the other.

It's just as logical to think that as it is to think racism will cease to exist if Obama gets elected.

Either, IMO, would be good for their respective group's civil rights though neither is a magic bullet. You are just being silly when you think that one group would benefit but not the other.

Why do you always put words in my mouth? I never said racism would cease. Just that there is a chance of real positive progress, however slim. To paraphrase Lloyd Christmas, I'm telling you there's a chance.

IMO, A Hillary presidency has zero chance of doing anything to advance the cause of women.

Before I totally right you off as a jerk,

A Hillary presidency has zero chance of doing anything to advance the cause of women

Why?

Before I totally right you off as a jerk,

A Hillary presidency has zero chance of doing anything to advance the cause of women

Why?

Write me off anyway that you like.

But in the interests of civil discourse I'll just say that I don't feel obligated to have a reason why beyond having no logical reason to believe such a chance exists. If you have a logical reason to offer, I'm all ears.

I'll pass. If you can't figure it out for yourself all the logic in the world won't help.

I'm not looking for all the logic in the world. I'd be happy with just a single shred.

You're right to pass though, because I'm certain you'd fail to provide the tiniest shred that can stand up to even the slightest scrutiny. Of course I have been wrong before...

Forum List

Back