Another troubling Obama advisor

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Know a person by the company he keeps....

2nd Obama-linked pastor under fire for racist talk

Minister called U.S. mayors 'slave masters,'
blacks who protect white men 'house n-ggers'

March 23, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama has been linked to another controversial pastor, this time a declared spiritual adviser who has called white American mayors "slave masters," and referred to black preachers and politicians who "protect" the "white man" as "house n-ggers."

"We don't have slave masters, we got mayors," exclaimed James Meeks, an Illinois state senator and pastor of one of the largest churches in the state, in an August, 2006 sermon broadcast on a Chicago community television channel.

The speech was broadcast last week by Fox News Channel's "Hannity and Colmes."

Continued Meeks in the sermon: "But they are still the same white people who are presiding over systems where black people are not able to be educated. You got some preachers that are house n-ggers. You got some elected officials that are house n-ggers. Rather than them try and break this up, they're gonna fight you to protect that white man."

Meeks at the time was lashing out at Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley over public-school funding issues.

When confronted about his divisive rhetoric in 2006 by Mike Flannery, a political editor for a local CBS affiliate, Meeks defended his sermon.

"Is it fair to compare Mayor Daley, him and the governor, to slave masters?" Flannery asked.

"They do the same thing. They preside over systems where they have the control of the lives of African-American and Hispanic people," Meeks replied.

With regard to his use of foul language, Meeks stated: "The N-word is not in the African-American community a bad word. It's a term of endearment. And I don't see it as derogatory or defensive, offensive."

But Flannery retorted: "That is an insult. You weren't using that term as a term of endearment."

According to reports, shortly after his 2006 tirade, Meeks endorsed a Rainbow/PUSH call for blacks to stop using the N-word.

Aside from his senatorial duties, Meeks is an Illinois superdelegate pledged to Obama, and also presides over Salem Baptist Church, described as the largest church in Illinois with some 20,000 members. He has served as an executive vice president for Jesse Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH organization.

Meeks has reportedly campaigned for Obama and allowed Obama to campaign at his church during the presidential candidate's 2004 senatorial run.

A recent Meeks endorsement of Obama is touted on the presidential candidate's campaign website.

In a 2004 interview with Cathleen Falsani of the Chicago Sun-Times, Obama described Meeks as an adviser who he seeks out for spiritual council.

cont.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59735

Aren't you people getting a little carried away with this? I imagine almost everyone in the political and/or religious world has some views that could sound extreme to someone, somewhere.

What's your solution? Outlaw the un-pc? Outlaw churches and/or ministers from endorsing politicians? Que?

Aren't you people getting a little carried away with this? I imagine almost everyone in the political and/or religious world has some views that could sound extreme to someone, somewhere.

What's your solution? Outlaw the un-pc? Outlaw churches and/or ministers from endorsing politicians? Que?

What part do you not understand? There is a HUGE glaring difference between some group endorsing a candidate and he has no ties to that group and the CLOSE personal relationship that Wright HAS with Obama.

How many of your friends, close friends, that you have known at least 20 years, are really racists and you just found out? That support terrorists and you just found out?

How many people that attend a church for 20 years have no idea the preacher makes sermons condemning his own country, preaching racism and hate?

While I certainly would prefer it if Obama had been a little bit more discriminating in his choice of pastor(s), this just isn't damaging enough to make me prefer McCain or Clinton. Many of you, whether intentionally or not, seem to imply that if Obama is elected president, it somehow is going to put some ethereal, angry black mob in power. Well I have news for you, it isn't. Not much will change actually, no matter who wins. But at least with Obama, there is a chance that a black president may demonstrate to American blacks everywhere that there is hope, that their isn't some grand conspiracy keeping them down, that they do in fact control their own fate. And maybe, just maybe, it will one day be looked back upon as a great leap forward in healing this nations deep racial wounds.

I know it's pretty thin, razor thin even. However, with all things being equal, and lets face it they pretty much are, at least Obama offers a chance at some up-side. I don't see any potential for up-side with the other two.

While I certainly would prefer it if Obama had been a little bit more discriminating in his choice of pastor(s), this just isn't damaging enough to make me prefer McCain or Clinton. Many of you, whether intentionally or not, seem to imply that if Obama is elected president, it somehow is going to put some ethereal, angry black mob in power. Well I have news for you, it isn't. Not much will change actually, no matter who wins. But at least with Obama, there is a chance that a black president may demonstrate to American blacks everywhere that there is hope, that their isn't some grand conspiracy keeping them down, that they do in fact control their own fate. And maybe, just maybe, it will one day be looked back upon as a great leap forward in healing this nations deep racial wounds.

I know it's pretty thin, razor thin even. However, with all things being equal, and lets face it they pretty much are, at least Obama offers a chance at some up-side. I don't see any potential for up-side with the other two.

Using your argument electing a woman would do exactly the same for all women. Not just black women either.

It is a poor argument.

What part do you not understand? There is a HUGE glaring difference between some group endorsing a candidate and he has no ties to that group and the CLOSE personal relationship that Wright HAS with Obama.

How many of your friends, close friends, that you have known at least 20 years, are really racists and you just found out? That support terrorists and you just found out?

How many people that attend a church for 20 years have no idea the preacher makes sermons condemning his own country, preaching racism and hate?

I thought you were talking about this new guy, Meeks. IMO, presidential candidates shouldn't take endorsements from the religious.

I actually do have friends and family members that someone else might consider racist. I'm not required to disown them, but then again I'm not thinking of running for president.

Using your argument electing a woman would do exactly the same for all women. Not just black women either.

It is a poor argument.

I disagree. Equating issues of gender with issues of race betrays a deeply ingrained ignorance for both subjects. Your argument is poorest, by a country mile.

I disagree. Equating issues of gender with issues of race betrays a deeply ingrained ignorance for both subjects. Your argument is poorest, by a country mile.

Ohh really? So women across all races are not discriminated against? And in a much more legal manner then race is over the last 40 years?

It isn't the same, IMO. Women actually are more discriminated against and have been for longer across all cultures.

You are the one that made the claim.

Lets here your explanation.

Really???

What planet are you from?

Quit being retarded, it really gets annoying when I'm actually trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.

Seriously, did I really need to qualify it with "white" women were not slaves for you to get what I meant?

New Topics

Forum List

Back