Another tee pottier for sharia law

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Oklahoma Candidate Says Gays Should Be Stoned | ThinkProgress

Oklahoma state house candidate Scott Esk wrote on Facebook last summer that gay people are “worthy of death” and should be stoned, later claiming that violence against gays is “in the old testament under a law that came directly from God.”

The messages originated as Facebook commentary on a story about Pope Francis asking “who am I to judge” gay priests. Esk responded by posting Old Testament scripture that allegedly condemns homosexuality. After a commenter asked, “So just to be clear, you think we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)?” Esk answered in the affirmative.

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” he wrote. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.” “If men wink at such perversions, God may have no choice than to judge such nations with calamities.”

Asked to clarify his remarks by a local magazine editor, Esk explained that while the law was handed down from God, he has “no plans to, you know, reinstitute that in Oklahoma law.” “I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins,” he added.

Esk describes himself as “100% pro-life” and “100% Traditional Family Values” on his campaign website and says, “I look forward to applying Biblical principles to Oklahoma law.”

Oklahoma state House candidate Scott Esk discussed stoning homosexuals to death - NY Daily News

After Esk discussed a biblical verse that he interpreted as calling for the death of homosexuals in response to a Facebook post on the wall of Adam Bates, Bates asked Esk to clarify if he would support such executions, presumably by stoning.

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it. That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss,” Esk reportedly wrote. A private conversation with an unidentified person on the same topic was also posted by the website.

“What I will tell you right now is that was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God, and in that time it was totally just,” Esk said. “I have no plans to reinstitute that in Oklahoma law, I do have very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins, and I think that those kinds of sins will not do our country any good and certainly doesn’t do anything to preserve the family.”

Esk further reinforced that such legislation would never actually come about, feeling that the subject was a moot point.

Read more: Oklahoma state House candidate Scott Esk discussed stoning homosexuals to death - NY Daily News

We have some real slimy sickos in politics. Maybe there have always been froot loops like this jerk and the internet just makes it hard for them to hide under their rocks.

Forum List

Back