Another Stupid Link To SHS ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Seriously, depression is the largest problem in the US and growing, while the number of smokers is declining, but because a lot of people who are exposed to second hand smoke show signs of depression they decided that there's a "link" to it. Um ... what about all the other causes that make people depressed ... like I don't know ... a fucked up economy ...

Why do opponents of anything have to make such flimsy connections and lies:
Secondhand smoke may double likelihood of depression - USATODAY.com

Seriously, depression is the largest problem in the US and growing, while the number of smokers is declining, but because a lot of people who are exposed to second hand smoke show signs of depression they decided that there's a "link" to it. Um ... what about all the other causes that make people depressed ... like I don't know ... a fucked up economy ...

I would assume that in their support of this, they have shown that smokers show twice the occurrence of depression to non-smokers?

I would assume that in their support of this, they have shown that smokers show twice the occurrence of depression to non-smokers?

Thus is the problem ... they didn't even look at that, they looked at Second Hand Smoke, which betrays their agenda. The people who are against smokers do not really care about health or safety, it's a cover for telling people what they think is right or wrong. They never factor in coincidence into such studies, and just use any common problem as a way to attack something they simply don't like. Hell, if they just said "we don't like smoking near us" I wouldn't be bothered by it, it's using mythinformation that bothers me.

Forum List

Back