Anyone can lose 50 pounds

Mar 5, 2009
I did it over the past year, and without taking any kind of diet or waste reduction drugs and without using expensive meal plans.

The big trick is to eat frozen meals that range from 200 to 350 calories and that taste terrific (Lean Cuisine and similar brands are very healthy) and also to eat canned soups that range from 200 to 300 calories typically. Add in nonfat cheeses and Fiber One cereal, fresh fruit, salads and vegetables. I average $2 or less for frozen meals and about $1 dollar for premium soups.

The best goal is 1000 calories per day.

Exercise every day for at least 30 to 45 minutes.

Don't wait for a heart attack, like I did....

Congrats! :clap2:

I need to lose about 10lbs but I been drinking too much lately for that to happen. I need to stop eating dinner for a month or so and I could prolly do it. :eusa_pray:

I need to lose about 10lbs but I been drinking too much lately for that to happen. I need to stop eating dinner for a month or so and I could prolly do it. :eusa_pray:

Or........................

You could stop drinking, and start eating healthy and exercise! It's getting nice out, ride your bike or take long walks! At 18 years old, it should take you about 2 weeks to lose 10 pounds dear!

You could stop drinking, and start eating healthy and exercise! It's getting nice out, ride your bike or take long walks! At 18 years old, it should take you about 2 weeks to lose 10 pounds dear!

It always takes me forever, but it's not hard for me to skip meals and it works. Today was the first day it's been nice out, it got up to 79! In my neighborhood you don't really want to walk around or ride a bike. :lol:

It always takes me forever, but it's not hard for me to skip meals and it works. Today was the first day it's been nice out, it got up to 79! In my neighborhood you don't really want to walk around or ride a bike. :lol:

Running for your life may drop those lbs even quicker ! :lol:

Thanks Ducky. I've been thinking about getting a permit to carry. There's a cute little Glock I have my eye on. :lol:

Thanks Ducky. I've been thinking about getting a permit to carry. There's a cute little Glock I have my eye on. :lol:

hell---being able to defend yourself defeats the whole purpose !!! And if you can afford a glock you can afford to drink some better booze.

eat less exercise more is the tried and true, sure to work, weight loss plan.

but I can't stand frozen foods. I eat fresh unprocessed foods 90% of the time.

@ Amanda Start doing Marital arts! Best way to loose weight since you A) Work out regularly, B) Spend a lot of calories when you try to fight an attacker and C) Spend even more calories when you try to run away from him after the fighting approach didnt work.
From my experience, every martial artists looses his first "real" fight.

@ Amanda Start doing Marital arts! Best way to loose weight since you A) Work out regularly, B) Spend a lot of calories when you try to fight an attacker and C) Spend even more calories when you try to run away from him after the fighting approach didnt work.

Good cautionary tale. Sounds like your advice is ....."Do the martial arts thing, but still get the Glock" :lol:

I did it over the past year, and without taking any kind of diet or waste reduction drugs and without using expensive meal plans.

The big trick is to eat frozen meals that range from 200 to 350 calories and that taste terrific (Lean Cuisine and similar brands are very healthy) and also to eat canned soups that range from 200 to 300 calories typically. Add in nonfat cheeses and Fiber One cereal, fresh fruit, salads and vegetables. I average $2 or less for frozen meals and about $1 dollar for premium soups.

The best goal is 1000 calories per day.

Exercise every day for at least 30 to 45 minutes.

Don't wait for a heart attack, like I did....

errr! congratulations on your weight loss, but two things,, pay attention to frozen meals, usually high in sodium as are canned soups,, I firmly believe in eating fresh, fresh fruits, vegetables, broiled or baked chicken or fish,, small amounts of lean beef dosen't hurt either,, but sodium should be a red flag for you.. shouldn't it? and the second thing is,, don't you get bored with frozen dinners? and the third thing.. premium soups are $2.45 - $3.09 a can in my grocery store,, where do you get them for a dollar?

Last edited:

Good cautionary tale. Sounds like your advice is ....."Do the martial arts thing, but still get the Glock" :lol:

Well, my first "real fight" (I decided to intervene on behalf of the victim of a Robbery) ended with a Knife in my left leg. That I didnt get Knife into my throat to had more to do with "weapon handling deficits" of the robber than with my self defense skills.
Actually, I was physically superior (about a head taller, yes that guy was very small), fresh out of the German Army and not drunk, so aside from beeing unarmed and totally suprised by someone suddenly activly trying to kill me, I kinda had a couple of advantadges.
On the other hand, I was positivly suprised by my "limping away" speed with a Knife wound in the leg.

my problem with the Glock is: In that situation, I would propably not have drawn the Glock right of the bat. However, I doubt that the robber would have hesitated to shoot me in the head if he would have had a Glock.
However, in the US the robber will propably have a Glock (or something less expensive, well if I would be a robber I would invest in a good Handgun) anyway so go with Martial Arts, a Glock, Body armor and an Assault rifle with a Bayonett.

Trust me, running with full body armor burns calories really really fast too!
Add a Panzerfaust or an MG3 for added effect! Or even apply an ABC protection suit! That makes you loose so much weight you could hardly belief it (well the liters of sweat you will produce have to come from somewhere), just dont forget to take a shower immidiatly, or the UNO will put sanctions on you because you are an illegal chemical weapon.

Forum List

Back