Another "stand your ground" murder

I did review the case.
Then you would know that her actions indicated she was not "in fear of death or severe bodily harm" and thus not entitled to use deadly force.
The conviction was justified.

The judge ruled that since she was in the garage, which had no exit since the door was not working, she was no longer in danger from her husband. Care to explain how that makes any sense?

She was not in fear of her life because she didnt shoot him. If she had shot him, she would be justified.

Then you would know that her actions indicated she was not "in fear of death or severe bodily harm" and thus not entitled to use deadly force.
The conviction was justified.

The judge ruled that since she was in the garage, which had no exit since the door was not working, she was no longer in danger from her husband. Care to explain how that makes any sense?

She was not in fear of her life because she didnt shoot him. If she had shot him, she would be justified.

The fact she missed proves she wasn't afraid.

Let me try that again. she missed, and that proves she wasn't afraid.

One more time, people are afraid never miss.

Nope, still doesn't make sense.

No, she didnt miss. She shot in the air.

She either shot him or missed him, those are the only possibilities that exist here. Unless, of course, we are talking about a bullet that exists in a state of quantum flux.

She either shot him or missed him, those are the only possibilities that exist here. Unless, of course, we are talking about a bullet that exists in a state of quantum flux.

"Missed" implies she was aiming for him. She was not. Had she been in fear she would have tried to shoot him. Since she didnt try to shoot him she was not in fear. Ergo she was convicted.

"Missed" implies she was aiming for him. She was not. Had she been in fear she would have tried to shoot him. Since she didnt try to shoot him she was not in fear. Ergo she was convicted.

How many times have you heard people that shot someone argue they weren't trying to shoot the person they hit? Missed means she didn't hit him, just like hitting means she actually shot him, regardless of where she thought the gun was aimed.

How many times have you heard people that shot someone argue they weren't trying to shoot the person they hit? Missed means she didn't hit him, just like hitting means she actually shot him, regardless of where she thought the gun was aimed.

That's a non-argument. She fired a "warning" shot, indicating she was not really in fear of imminent death or severe bodily harm. Had she been, she would have shot him.

Shooting of Florida teen is no Trayvon Martin case, attorney says - CNN.com

Dunn told authorities that he had asked the teens to turn down the blaring music from their vehicle adjacent to his, as he waited for his girlfriend to return to the car.

Michael Dunn, 45, was denied bond earlier this week on the murder charge.

He heard threats from the teens, Dunn told police, he felt threatened and thought he saw a gun in the teens' car. He grabbed his gun and fired at least eight shots, authorities said.

Seventeen-year-old Jordan Davis, among the teens, was killed. There were no guns found inside the teens' car, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.

Michael Dunn, Florida Man, Invokes 'Stand Your Ground' Law After Shooting Black Teen

His lawyer said that her client acted "responsibly and in self defense."

I'll bet the usual rw's line up to say that loud music is a capital offense and that the killer was right to kill the kid.

Bet it was that fucking Obama.

Obama will just blame Bush or the obstructionist white people

It would be helpful if the story mentioned why Dooley thought his life was in danger...

Dooley brandished his gun and he and James struggled over it. Dooley claims James was trying to choke him but no other witness corroborated any chokehold. It is not clear how the gun went off...thus the manslaughter charge.

Regards from Rosie

He admitted in court that he pulled the trigger deliberately. I think he's screwed, and that in his case it has nothing to do with race. That said, I do understand the disproportionate way any type of crime is prosecuted, from arrests to the court system.

while you are at it could you please explain the disproportionate black on white crime rate?

Forum List

Back