ANOTHER Solar company files bankruptcy!!!

i'm in a Chinese solar stock and that sucker is up over two bucks since November. XXXXXX

I would hope so, they're getting millions of your tax dollars so i hope you get something back!

don't you mean "our" tax dollars?

and i'm 100% against country welfare.

The Obama admin has given hundreds of millions of OUR tax dollars to his various friends and donors and they have taken the money out of the country to fund projects in China and other countries. Do try to keep up.

Well great for YOU. Wanna medal or a chest to pin it on?

weird response.
Nothing weird of it. You seem to be rooting for China...like the O...

today_parcoltop22_61100_ImageFile.jpg

no, i'm all american. but when i see a good investment i'm all over it. and, i get to pay less income taxes (capital gains) than people who punch a clock. where i come from, that's called intelligence.

I is not that solar panels are not selling, it is just that we are buying cheap Chinese solar panels.

We cannot compete with cheap world labor and will de declining more.

So buying cheap is worse than spending more than you have to?? I can buy paper plates made in the USA at Walmart cheaper than I can at the grocery store. So do I pay more because I need to support a grocery store or is it better I support my family first.

If you're going to compete in a World Market, you'd better get on board or the ship will sail without you. :eusa_whistle:

did that muss your hair when it whizzed by?

We must lower our labor rates to board the ship.
You ready to do your part with a 90% pay cut?

Or, heaven forbid, make the multinationals pay a hefty import tax to make up the difference.

I would hope so, they're getting millions of your tax dollars so i hope you get something back!

The Obama admin has given hundreds of millions of OUR tax dollars to his various friends and donors and they have taken the money out of the country to fund projects in China and other countries. Do try to keep up.

of course they have. we've been supporting other countries my entire lifetime (and i'm pretty old). the idiots on both sides of the isle believe in country welfare. but there is no way in the world that i'm going to pass up on a good trade just because there are idiots in DC. heck, would i ever make a trade?

of course they have. we've been supporting other countries my entire lifetime (and i'm pretty old). the idiots on both sides of the isle believe in country welfare. but there is no way in the world that i'm going to pass up on a good trade just because there are idiots in DC. heck, would i ever make a trade?

Just be prepared to bail in a hurry.

Just be prepared to bail in a hurry.

i'm in this trade for the long haul (as i am with many of my trades lately). heck, i'm down 5k on SNSS which i bought early in 2010. but keep an eye on it in 2013.

I is not that solar panels are not selling, it is just that we are buying cheap Chinese solar panels.

We cannot compete with cheap world labor and will de declining more.

So buying cheap is worse than spending more than you have to?? I can buy paper plates made in the USA at Walmart cheaper than I can at the grocery store. So do I pay more because I need to support a grocery store or is it better I support my family first.

If you're going to compete in a World Market, you'd better get on board or the ship will sail without you. :eusa_whistle:

Well yea if you want to get on board, if not just keep those ridiculous wages shutting down companies so China can pick up the slack.

As for me that 90% pay cut happened three years ago, when the building industry fell apart. As a small business owner I'm using my retirement to try and keep my employees. I don't want to lose good people, I just can't hold out much longer waiting for the economy to improve.

As far as my hair, don't worry about that, it's so thin these days no one would notice anyway.

Or, heaven forbid, make the multinationals pay a hefty import tax to make up the difference.

Indeed...not to mention record Trade Deficits...

US trade deficit hits five-month high due to record imports

Official figures from the Commerce Department in Washington on Friday showed that the trade gap grew from $43.3 billion in October to $47.8 billion in November, an increase of 10.4 percent and higher than the $45 billion expected by economists, the Financial Times reported

Unisolar - Greenville Michigan - files bankruptcy!

UniSolar, parent file for bankruptcy

"GREENVILLE, Mich. (WOOD) - At its peak five years ago, 424 people worked at the Uni-Solar plant in Greenville. Now, the solar-panel maker and its parent company, Energy Conversion Devices, filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, and Uni-Solar is for sale."

UniSolar, parent file for bankruptcy | WOOD TV8

Does anyone know if they received stimulus money too????

So? Some businesses fail and some succeed. That's capitalism and the free market.

"GREENVILLE, Mich. (WOOD) - At its peak five years ago, 424 people worked at the Uni-Solar plant in Greenville. Now, the solar-panel maker and its parent company, Energy Conversion Devices, filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, and Uni-Solar is for sale."

...and if they did, how much did they kick into the Obama bagmen to get the stimulus money?

The company has received millions of dollars in state tax breaks but did not receive a Dept. of Energy-backed loan.
Bankruptcy paperwork shows Energy Conversion Devices lists the City of Greenville as a debtor, owing the city $209,866.49 for a "refund of grant proceeds."
The company has been hurt by the elimination of European subsidies that helped boost demand for its products overseas. Increased competition from less-expensive products resulted in declining sales over the past several years.

SOURCE

Nice!

The single most biggest reason the left are against drilling and using our own resources, we have about 600 years worth of oil and gas that can be used "Thats just what we have discovered so far", which would make us into an exporter and no doubt would pay down our debt and put us on a track to be successful, which would go against the radical green agenda. Who would take green energy seriously if we where bringing in trillions a year off of oil and gas?
These loans to these solar companies where for nothing more than a loan to be held onto and for it to be kicked back into democrat reelection coffers. The multiple bankruptcies should be more than enough proof for that.

You got that right...
it has gotten sickening.

Germany: A shining Example of Solar Success

No doubt conservatives were against the horseless carriage.

Hard to understand why they take so much joy in any failure of something with such huge potential benefit.

Hard to understand why libs put so much stock in something that can only exist with massive taxpayer subsidies.... and still eventually falls apart.

Does Agriculture/farm get tax payer subsidies? What about oil? :)

So? Some businesses fail and some succeed. That's capitalism and the free market.

Unless they're too big to fail aka big political contributors. Then the government props them up.

ABC News said it was because Chinese companies are subsidized and ours aren't as much-Plus China is dumping solar panels here- And six other companies are failing or have failed....they didn't mention Solyndra, no doubt terrified of loudmouth dittoheads accusing them of being "state run" media etc. Good to see the brainwashed "un-American" (TIME) tools so happy about it all, even profiting. Change the channel, shytteheads. tyvm.

Unless they're too big to fail aka big political contributors. Then the government props them up.

Not saying that it's "right", but both sides (republican & democrat) have their hands in doing the same things for different industries. I'm willing to bet that certain defense related industries have absolutely thrived because of that misguided action in iraq, the excursion into A'stan and the stupid thing we just did in Libya not too long ago.

And this makes you happy.

Germany: A shining Example of Solar Success

No doubt conservatives were against the horseless carriage.

Hmmm...correct me if I'm wrong on this Junky but I don't recall the US government bankrolling Henry Ford. Gee, how DID we ever develop the automobile without government stimulus money?

What about Tom Edison, the guy that was just retired for inventing the light bulb. Wonder how much government money he got??

Heck, I don't think Steve Jobs had any stimulus money to get started either. Now that I think about it I wonder if Hewlett & Packard did??
Neither Henry Ford nor Edison had competitors that were being bankrolled by foreign governments who provide billions in low interest loans, loan guarantees, and government sponsored research.

Hard to understand why they take so much joy in any failure of something with such huge potential benefit.

Hard to understand why libs put so much stock in something that can only exist with massive taxpayer subsidies.... and still eventually falls apart.

Does Agriculture/farm get tax payer subsidies? What about oil? :)

Oil gets tax breaks, not subsidies (well in some corrupt cases they do) and so far they are still truckin after 100 plus years. No solar company can exist period, without taxpayer support.

Forum List

Back