Another scare for the Earnhardts...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,126129,00.html

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY FOXFAN CENTRAL
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Burned in Crash
Sunday, July 18, 2004

SONOMA, Calif. — Dale Earnhardt Jr. (search) was treated for minor burns on his face and legs and hospitalized after an accident Sunday during practice for the American Le Mans Series Infineon Grand Prix of Sonoma (search).

Medical officials at Infineon Raceway (search) described the injuries as "moderate-sized burns of moderate intensity."

Earnhardt was flown to the University of California-Davis Medical Center in Sacramento for precautionary reasons.

During a 30-minute practice, Earnhardt's Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (search) spun and hit a barrier in turn eight of the road racing track, catching fire. Earnhardt quickly got out of the car on his own before being assisted by safety crews.

Earnhardt, who regularly competes in the Nextel Cup Series, was to have driven in Sunday's ALMS race with veteran road racing driver Boris Said. The team has withdrawn the car from the race.

Scary stuff. I feel bad for his mom. She must die alittle everytime he goes out there. And at the same time shes probably prouder than hell that he has the strength to keep doing it.

I read about this this morning. So scary!! Now, if Nascar would have just had a race this weekend, then he wouldn't have been on that track!
Thank goodness it was only burns, WHEW!!

I hope he is o.k.!!! My mom,stepdad,and younger brother are big Nascar fans and I just told my mom a while ago what happened. She hadn't even heard yet. They never miss a race. Back to Jr.,it sounded like he would be o.k. at the press conference. I thought of his mother right away too when I heard this.

I watched the news tonight & they said he has 2nd degree burns on both legs & chin, but they excpect him to race next week. So hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked.
Jeff

Well, he's gonna start the race today, so he doesn't lose out on points, but someones gonna finish the race for him. Poor thing, still hurts, but doesn't wanna lose them points.

Forum List

Back