NASCAR Chief: Ban Confederate Flag

No it's not. You implement a dress code. When you buy a ticket you agree to the dress code. Its called a contract.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Try that and see how many tickets you sell.
Unless there are a majority idiot base for NASCAR, probably nothing.

I don't think not liking having people tell you what you can wear or bring to an event your paying them to attend makes you idiot. Trying to set such rules because your afraid the PC crowd is going to call you racist if you don't might though.
Then you don't have to buy a ticket.

You also don't have to implement an unnecessary dress code either. I for one have not heard of any acts of violence or murders committed at NASCAR events over the Confederate flag.
The Confederate flag stands for "intolerance of race" which I don't think NASCAR wants to be a part of.

According to those who were at Dayona, there were more rebel flags than ever before.

The ban looks to have not gone further than a press release.

Try that and see how many tickets you sell.
Unless there are a majority idiot base for NASCAR, probably nothing.

I don't think not liking having people tell you what you can wear or bring to an event your paying them to attend makes you idiot. Trying to set such rules because your afraid the PC crowd is going to call you racist if you don't might though.
Then you don't have to buy a ticket.

You also don't have to implement an unnecessary dress code either. I for one have not heard of any acts of violence or murders committed at NASCAR events over the Confederate flag.
The Confederate flag stands for "intolerance of race" which I don't think NASCAR wants to be a part of.

No it doesn't. It's meaning has evolved over the years and it now stands for Southern Pride for most people.

Just because they find it offensive doesn't mean that every fan will feel the same way. If they don't like what they see, they are free to go somewhere else any time that they want to.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

white-house-confederate-flag-e1436140371468.jpg

When will Nascar replace drivers with self-driving cars. Racing would be easier in general than city driving as you only turn left and it really doesn't matter if you crash into other drivers, in fact that is why most of the crowds go to the races.

At some point one of the teams will want to introduce this. There will be a loud cry from drivers but after a couple years it will be tried out and once a robot and computer with sensors can win or nearly win a race every team will have to start researching and preparing for this. Of course the big draw of wrecks with actual people in the cars, thus the danger of racing, will lose their appeal.

Even if Nascar doesn't adopt this there will be a league of driver-less cars that springs up anyway. It's coming, you can bet the destruction derby will also be automated. Perhaps the people in the crowd will be allowed to remote pilot the vehicles.

n-NASCAR-CONFEDERATE-FLAG-large570.jpg

SONOMA, Calif. (AP) — Calling the Confederate flag an "insensitive symbol" he personally finds offensive, NASCAR chairman Brian France said the sport will be aggressive in disassociating the symbol from its events.

"We want to go as far as we can to eliminate the presence of that flag," France told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I personally find it an offensive symbol, so there is no daylight how we feel about it and our sensitivity to others who feel the same way.

"We're working with the industry to see how far we can go to get that flag to be disassociated entirely from our events."

Earlier this week, NASCAR said it backed South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley's call to remove the Confederate flag from state capitol grounds, and noted that it bars the flag symbol in any official NASCAR capacity.

But banning it on race track property is a much larger task for NASCAR, which began as a Southern sport and many of its fans still embrace the flag. It flies atop campers and at camp sites at many races as fans spend entire weekends in either the infield or surrounding areas of track property.

The size of the crowd, and NASCAR's own acknowledgment that fans have a right to freedom of expression, would make it difficult to police the presence of the flag.

But France insisted NASCAR is exploring its options.

"That's what we're working on — working on how far can we go," he said. "If there's more we can do to disassociate ourselves with that flag at our events than we've already done, then we want to do it. We are going to be as aggressive as we can to disassociate ourselves with that flag."

The flag issue was heightened last week after nine black churchgoers were slain in Charleston, South Carolina. The suspect in the case, Dylann Roof, embraced Confederate symbols before the attack, posing with the rebel battle flag. That revelation prompted a reappraisal of the role such symbols play in the South.

In 2012, NASCAR banned pro golfer Bubba Watson's plan to drive the "General Lee," the car from the television series "The Dukes of Hazzard," at Phoenix International Raceway over concerns about a negative reaction to an image of the Confederate flag on its roof.

France admitted the Charleston church shooting has pushed the sport to find a way to take a tougher stance. Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon, two of NASCAR's biggest stars, on Friday backed NASCAR's efforts.

Brad Daugherty, the lone black Sprint Cup Series team owner in NASCAR, told SiruisXM NASCAR Radio this week that seeing the Confederate flag at races "does make my skin crawl." On Saturday, JTG Daugherty Racing won the first pole in team history when AJ Allmendinger qualified first for Sunday's race at Sonoma Raceway,

NASCAR Chairman: Ban Confederate Flag At Races

I applaud NASCAR officials for ridding the sport of this racist white supremacist symbol.

The real problem they're wrestling with here, they have only one black team owner on the sprint cup series, so that's gonna make their argument to ban the confederate flag at race events look weak.

Forum List

Back