Anyone else giving to Bush/Cheney campaign?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Jul 18, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The Bush/Cheny people called the other day and said they were trying to have the biggest grass roots campiagn ever and could I donate $100? I said "well,I can't do $100,but how does 20 sound ?"and they were fine with that. I was actually impressed. They didn't push me for more when I said that's all I could do. got the stuff in the mail today and will probably send it this week on payday. Anyone else giving a weakly donation like me?!

;) :usa: :thup:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

I can't give money, unless you count the $150 in party stuff last week! But I am giving time, have been since late winter. Have met some really nice people and had fun too!

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

I have been wanting to look into giving time too,but can't seem to find the time to look into it!!! Ironic ,huh?!! Every little thing helps and $150 is a lot in my book! I was feeling pretty inferior becuse of my little donation,but I figured what the heck-it all adds up!

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Actually don't feel bad, in all seriousness, people give a dollar or two and we are told to act just as grateful as your 20 or someone else's 2k. Every $ helps, besides that, if someone gives a dollar, they are going to vote for the guy! That's what is really important.

There's a lot you can do just from the computer, check out the website.

5. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    What else can I get my hands dirty to do? I wanna help really bad, rather than sit my summer to death What can I do in my youthful state?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Call your county GOP office, they'll get you started! You could also call your precinct or township leader, if you want to do more local election stuff. I don't know if you are 'old enough' for the Young Republicans, but call them too!

7. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Thanks, I'll have to call my county GOP office, maybe I'll do that tomorrow if I can. I've never heard of the young republicans. I'll look that up tonight.

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well Semper, This isn't very good advice, but you could do what I have come to call my past-time. You could cover other people's Kerry bumber stickers and replace their yard-signs with those of Bush. It is also a good way to get out in the nice summer days. Also makes you feel rebellious.

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oh yeah, also go to a book store and turn all the liberal books around so people can't see the cover. And when the stupid clerk asks you what you think you are doing, yell, "SKAT" and throw the book at him and run. Also a great way to feel like a rebel.

10. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Hahaha, like in the Simpsons episode Bart and Homer were conning people into thinking they were poor, and when they went to the Springfield Retirement Castle and the cops came, so Bart grabbed a walker thing and said (in an old person voice), "Throw a book at him, sonny." Haha, I just thought of that.

I'll do that next time I'm in a bookstore I'll do that, except not throw a book at the clerk, lol. Or cover them up with conservative books. I hate Fairbanks politcally, its a seceded nation, just not politcally.