Another reason to like Scott Brown

Well darn, this is gonna take away some tingles for the liberals.

ANDY BARR | 4/12/10 4:09 PM EDT Text Size- + reset

Brown was never planning to attend a tea party rally featuring Sarah Palin this week in Boston.
AP

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) was never planning to attend a tea party rally featuring Sarah Palin this week in Boston, his staff told POLITICO, and did not intend his absence to come off as a snub.

Brown spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that coming off of a two week legislative recess, Brown had always planned to be in Washington this week.

Brown drew notice Monday after the Boston Herald reported that Brown was skipping the rally.

In a story headlined “Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally,” Herald reporter Edward Mason wrote that “Brown’s decision to skip the first big rally in Boston by the group whose members are credited with helping him win election has some experts saying he’s tossed the Tea Party overboard, as he prepares for re-election in 2012.”

The story was fodder for bloggers eager to highlight any GOP slight directed at Palin or a rift between a GOP lawmaker and the tea party movement.

the rest.
Scott Brown camp: No snub intended - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

So? In essence we have a thread based upon a lie. "The SNUB" That Never existed. Classic.

Why? Is he going?

Yeah, it's so important for him to be in Washington casting votes,

like just siding AGAIN with the Democrats to move forward with the UE extension bill.

:lol::lol::lol:

The teabaggers in this Brown episode remind me of George in that Seinfeld episode where he gets fired but just shows up to work the next day anyway.

like just siding AGAIN with the Democrats to move forward with the UE extension bill.

The teabaggers in this Brown episode remind me of George in that Seinfeld episode where he gets fired but just shows up to work the next day anyway.

ya just can't bring yourself to admit you fell for the lie, can ya.:lol:

____

No they cannot - but once again, fools they have proven to be...

There is no lie. He's not going. He has time to go 2000 miles to a John McCain rally, but he can't go home to his own state for a teabagger rally.

Where's the lie?

There is no lie. He's not going. He has time to go 2000 miles to a John McCain rally, but he can't go home to his own state for a teabagger rally.

Where's the lie?
A teabaggar rally, so you and your balls to the chin group invited him also?

No wonder he turned you down.

Where's the lie?

I see, so the twisting begins.:lol:

Ah, now we see that the lefties were caught lying yet again.

Scott Brown never intended to attend the Tea Party get together - and went out of his way to state no disrespect to Palin was intended. And for Palin of course, none was taken.

And the march to November 2010 continues...

______

Not quite what the slant to the OP is attempting...

Scott Brown is very much with the Romney camp and is looking to support Romney in 2012 as he also attempts to navigate his own political re-election to the Senate. He is trying to remain loyal to Romney, as well as give continued appreciation for the Tea Party movement that played a crucial role in getting him elected as a Republican in long-liberal Kennedy-land.

The repeated attempts to corner the Tea Party movement into a limited and narrow group of participants is simple folly. It is proving a far greater and politically substantial group of loose affiliations, varied backgrounds, and far more diversity than the mainstream media and DC politicians care to admit. It is in fact, the most significant political movement since the Reagan Revolution of 30 years ago. The Tea Party will play a very significant role in deciding the extent of the Republican victories in 2010 - more uncertain is its continued viability heading into 2012 and beyond.

As for Scott Brown - his election remains as perhaps the single greatest bellwether of what is going to unfold in 2010. The Republican landslide is going to prove stunning, as the rising tide of voter discontent has yet to be fully realized by the pundits and pollsters...

This guy is pro choice, is for gay rights and refuses to associate himself with the tea baggers.

I like him. I said it when he was elected. :doubt:

Downtown Scotty Brown is a politician. He will do whatever is politically expedient. Anyone - either left or right - who thinks otherwise is a moron.

When will people learn to 'question with boldness'? Why do people insist on believing whatever crap the media feeds you? Are any of you capable of producing your own opinions without reference to the media to provide you with them?

Yep, it is in the media, so let's just accept that as fact, huh?

Good grief.

How many times does he have to show you guys he wants nothing to do with tea baggers.

"it is in the media" indeed.

How many times are you going to post moronic drivel? Try informing yourself instead of being fed by a biased media, fool.

I honestly could not give a shit whether Brown does or does not support the TEA parties. He's a politician. They change their opinions like most of us change our underwear. That you're too fucking stupid to get that does not surprise me.

Update:

Apr 12, 2010

The Tea Party is a populist protest movement that promotes fiscal conservatism --national attention grew last year as members became vocal opponents of health care reform at rallies around the country.

Mass. Republican convention delegate: I'm not afraid to ask his people, what is this all about. These are the very same people who got you elected Mr. Brown.

Brown, just back from an overseas trip to Asia, was listening to Graham's show and called in to defend himself.

Scott Brown: I have spoken at Tea Party rallies before, I have - I'm in Washington voting, in committee hearings.

Brown says he is busy Wednesday - doing the job he was sent to Washington to do: Vote on important issues.

Scott Brown: Because I am either the 41st vote or the 60th vote depending on what the issue is. We have some Supreme Court justice issues coming up, we've got unemployment insurance, and we've got appropriations bills.

Whether to openly support the Tea Party movement or not has presented a complicated problem for many elected officials here in Massachusetts, who feel the tea party is too conservative for most Massachusetts voters, but at the same time, recognize it is a political force to be reckoned with.

Scott Brown to skip Tea Party rally in Boston

This guy is pro choice, is for gay rights and refuses to associate himself with the tea baggers.

He's pro choice up to a point. He voted in support of a law allowing hospital emergency room personnel to refuse the morning after pill to rape victims if it was against their religious beliefs to give it to them.

He's pro choice up to a point. He voted in support of a law allowing hospital emergency room personnel to refuse the morning after pill to rape victims if it was against their religious beliefs to give it to them.

yeah, what kind of hateful troglodyte would allow people to be guided by their consciences?

yeah, what kind of hateful troglodyte would allow people to be guided by their consciences?

we always want democwats to follow their conscious.. always.

Yep. His opponents lied about his voting record and tried to paint a false picture.

Brown voted for a 2005 amendment to deny emergency contraception to rape victims, but Coakley's ad [on that subject] doesn't mention that when the amendment failed, Brown voted for the underlying bill anyway.

The most misleading part of the ad, though is not what the narrator says, but what appears on screen. As the contraception amendment is mentioned, viewers see the words, "Deny rape victims care." Emergency contraception is certainly a type of care. But the language on screen implies that Brown would support denial of even, say, treatment of injuries sustained in a rape.

That's far from the truth. The bill required that rape victims be provided with accurate information about emergency contraception and that they be offered it. Brown voted for the bill after unsuccessfully trying to carve out a religion exception. And there is nothing in the record that we are aware of to suggest that Brown ever supported denying any other type of care to victims of sexual assault.
Scott Brown on Abortion

Last edited:

People who would refuse the morning after pill to a rape victim should not be working in hospital emergency rooms. Cleanly they care more about their own prospects for getting into heaven than they do about the health of their patients.

he needs to solidify his support among rational people and this will definitely go a ways toward doing that, assuming i'm rational.

Brown doesn't want to be seen with Sarah Palin in MA. So he's politically savvy. Big deal!

He's going to have to do a lot more than that to impress me. I'm not buying his book either.

I'm sure he'll be crushed! :lol:

If only. :tongue:

Forum List

Back