Another reason to like Scott Brown

He's pro choice up to a point. He voted in support of a law allowing hospital emergency room personnel to refuse the morning after pill to rape victims if it was against their religious beliefs to give it to them.

yeah, what kind of hateful troglodyte would allow people to be guided by their consciences?
People who would refuse the morning after pill to a rape victim should not be working in hospital emergency rooms. Cleanly they care more about their own prospects for getting into heaven than they do about the health of their patients.

people who refuse to see that ER personnel have the same right to not facilitate a choice that they find morally wrong as a woman who chooses to abort a pregnancy for whatever reason need to rethink their position.

do you think that this doesn't happen anyway? how difficult would it be for someone opposed to abortion to simply step away from the patient and let someone else handle it?

nice religious strawman, btw.

yeah, what kind of hateful troglodyte would allow people to be guided by their consciences?
People who would refuse the morning after pill to a rape victim should not be working in hospital emergency rooms. Cleanly they care more about their own prospects for getting into heaven than they do about the health of their patients.

people who refuse to see that ER personnel have the same right to not facilitate a choice that they find morally wrong as a woman who chooses to abort a pregnancy for whatever reason need to rethink their position.

do you think that this doesn't happen anyway? how difficult would it be for someone opposed to abortion to simply step away from the patient and let someone else handle it?

To the point where the rape victim must go to another hospital to ask for care. The law allows for that much.

No one is forcing emergency room personnel to take the morning after pill themselves. Likewise, they should not be permitted to impose their own religious and/or moral choices on others, Especially not on rape victims!

[
This guy is pro choice, is for gay rights and refuses to associate himself with the tea baggers.

I like him. I said it when he was elected. :doubt:

They jumped all over me and squealed in denial when I accurately dubbed him a pro-choice John McCain.

The teabaggers were so desperate for a hero they climbed on the bandwagon of exactly the kind of guy they loathe.

It's heeee-larious!

ya just can't bring yourself to admit you fell for the lie, can ya.:lol:

There is no lie. He's not going. He has time to go 2000 miles to a John McCain rally, but he can't go home to his own state for a teabagger rally.

Where's the lie?

I see, so the twisting begins.:lol:

Twisting? Are you daft? He's either going or he isn't. That's a yes or a no.

Anyone starting to notice a pattern here? Sarah Palin is starting to look like the GOP's most prominent toxic asset.

To the point where the rape victim must go to another hospital to ask for care. The law allows for that much.

No one is forcing emergency room personnel to take the morning after pill themselves. Likewise, they should not be permitted to impose their own religious and/or moral choices on others, Especially not on rape victims!

the law never made it out of the legislature, so the law allows nothing of the sort. good effort, though.

Scott Brown took a lot of Tea Party money. If he thinks he can count on "money bombs" from them in the next, normal election cycle, he'll get beat by a real liberal. That's his problem.

Scott Brown knows why he won. He's knows what some of us knew and tried to explain to his irrational fans here, who didn't believe us. That's why he's doing what he's doing.

This guy is pro choice, is for gay rights and refuses to associate himself with the tea baggers.

I like him. I said it when he was elected. :doubt:
He's pro choice up to a point. He voted in support of a law allowing hospital emergency room personnel to refuse the morning after pill to rape victims if it was against their religious beliefs to give it to them.
Oh, damn...I'm back to not liking him.

the law never made it out of the legislature, so the law allows nothing of the sort. good effort, though.
Nontheless, Brown voted for it.

and he voted for the final version of the bill without his amendment in it.

so tell me again how he isn't pro-choice enough?

Pft. Screw the Boston Herald. They're just looking to sell newspapers.

I was driving home from work yesterday afternoon, listening to the Howie Carr show on WRKO here in Boston. He was discussing the Herald's article. As he was about to take his first caller of the day, Scott Brown himself came on the show. He had just landed from a week in Afghanistan and surrounding areas where he met with our troops and President Karzai.

In his words, he stated that his office receives on average, 200 invitations a week. 3000 since he took office. He also stated that he did not know of the rally until his arrival back to the states and that he has never met Sarah Palin. He also said that in no way is he snubbing the Tea Party folks up here in the Bay State. He went on to say that he is back in Washington after a two-week absence ... there to do the job the people elected him to do. He spent an extended weekend touring the state of Massachusetts, thanking the people who helped get him elected, along with sending out personal thank you's as well. He said it got to the point where folks were asking how many more times he could say thank you.

He isn't, imo. Doctors that don't want to do their jobs should find another.

Scott Brown took a lot of Tea Party money. If he thinks he can count on "money bombs" from them in the next, normal election cycle, he'll get beat by a real liberal. That's his problem.

Scott Brown knows why he won. He's knows what some of us knew and tried to explain to his irrational fans here, who didn't believe us. That's why he's doing what he's doing.

ANYONE who STILL doesn't believe the Tea Baggers got used on this deal is out of touch with reality. Oh wait, those ARE Tea Baggers...

because dispensing morning after pills and performing d & cs is the primary purpose of a career in medicine, right?

How anyone could support denying a rape victim the option of taking the morning after pill that is provided in emergency room rape kits is beyond me. Scott Brown is an idiot and he is not pro choice enough for me.

because dispensing morning after pills and performing d & cs is the primary purpose of a career in medicine, right?
It's part of the job of an ob/gyn.

How anyone could support denying a rape victim the option of taking the morning after pill that is provided in emergency room rape kits is beyond me. Scott Brown is an idiot and he is not pro choice enough for me.

why do you feel the need to lie about it?

It's part of the job, a doctor's first priority is to provide the best care posiible to a patient. They are doctors, not clergymen. If they have a moral conflict with what their profession requires them to do, they need to find another profession, or at least another medical specialty.

Coakley's campaign ad says Brown "favors letting hospitals deny emergency contraception to rape victims."

It's true that in 2005, when the MA state Legislature was considering a bill to require hospitals to provide emergency contraception to rape victims, Brown introduced an amendment that would have let doctors and nurses opt out based on "a sincerely held religious belief" and refer patients elsewhere. It was similar to "conscience" provisions in federal legislation that would avoid forcing Catholic hospitals to provide abortion or contraception against the teachings of the church. Here's the language:

Brown amendment, Apr. 2005
: "Nothing in this section shall impose any requirements upon any employee, physician or nurse of any facility to the extent that administering the contraception conflicts with a sincerely held religious belief. Said treating facility shall have in place a validated referral procedure policy for referring patients for administration of the emergency contraception."
Scott Brown on Abortion

The various Catholic nurses in Boston had no problem with that. :eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back