Another Question for those who lie on the Census:

Just mailed ours in this morning, complete with names and phone number.

No BFD. :cool:

Exactly. No BFD...not invasive and took me all of 3 minutes to fill it out.
I gave my name, my wife and my children...and I gave my phone number...
Something tells me I do not need to worry about them selling my info to a list company.

I'm not the least bit worried about what they do with names and phone numbers. I simply saw no reason for them to ask for either.

Did you recieve the census in the mail?
If you did, they already know your address, and they probably already know your phone number.

Something tells me I do not need to worry about them selling my info to a list company.

I'm not the least bit worried about what they do with names and phone numbers. I simply saw no reason for them to ask for either.

If you did, they already know your address, and they probably already know your phone number.

Then they don't need to ask for either, do they? So why waste the room on the paper?

Which is why I mentioned businesses benefiting from the census. ;)
How are you going to know the demographics of a community, if you don't take a survey of that community?

What's the importance of knowing the demographics of a community? All they need to know and all that is required is to know how many people live in a certain area. What good does it do to know whether they're white, black, brown, or any other color?

:lol: YOu have obviously never ran a business before.

YOu are not going to put a business that caters to a certain ethnic group when not many live in that community.
YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out.
Clearly, you've never been to Los Angeles. Korean markets are located all over South Central, and yes, they sell Korean items.

Demographic information is available from a variety of private sources that give better and more pertinent information and results for business. SiteReports, ESRI. Claritas, Percept, Hoovers, CoStar, etc...

Then they don't need to ask for either, do they? So why waste the room on the paper?

Who cares?
I fill out paperwork all the time that asks for my address, and was also sent to my house. Get over it, there are more important things in life to worry about.

What's the importance of knowing the demographics of a community? All they need to know and all that is required is to know how many people live in a certain area. What good does it do to know whether they're white, black, brown, or any other color?

YOu are not going to put a business that caters to a certain ethnic group when not many live in that community.
YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out.
Clearly, you've never been to Los Angeles. Korean markets are located all over South Central, and yes, they sell Korean items.

Demographic information is available from a variety of private sources that give better and more pertinent information and results for business. SiteReports, ESRI. Claritas, Percept, Hoovers, CoStar, etc...

And I am sure they have Koreans who live in south central.
And where do you think most of those companies get their information?

Who cares?
I fill out paperwork all the time that asks for my address, and was also sent to my house. Get over it, there are more important things in life to worry about.

Of course not - you aren't the one losing anything - you're just getting more for free, so what do you have to worry about?

Exactly. Well, except for the phone number part. I don't use land lines anymore. Though they probably listen in on my cell phone...

YOu have obviously never ran a business before.

YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out
This is not what the census is for It is to count the people. If you are opening a business and what this info go buy it yourself!!!

Beck and Bachmann said dont fill it out....so of course, fox fans idiots wont.

Bachmann kinda backed off this though since she found out she may lose her seat without people filling it out..lol

kind of a strange situation for her to be in really. lol

YOu have obviously never ran a business before.

YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out
This is not what the census is for It is to count the people. If you are opening a business and what this info go buy it yourself!!!

Agreed.

GeoLytics is an industry leader, providing demographic data, census demographics, market research data, and geocoding for social researchers and business marketing since 1996. Our easy-to-use software comes with built-in mapping capabilities that create thematic maps for instant spatial display of your demographic information.Business and marketing personnel use GeoLytics data for target marketing, customer profiling, and business site selection. . More than 4,000 libraries, universities, and government agencies trust GeoLytics for our population estimates, population projections,
and GIS data.

Register for FREE Census 2000 Data and download data directly onto your PC quickly and easily
http://www.geolytics.com/

Wow a business that offers demographics, offers a free census report. I wonder why?

Last edited:
Names and numbers of certain minorities will be used by the DNC for voter registration purposes. Ding dong Obama calling!!!!

Who cares?

Of course not - you aren't the one losing anything - you're just getting more for free, so what do you have to worry about?

:lol: I guess you don't care about getting representation for the taxes you pay.
I do love how you like to make assumptions.:lol:

Count the heads to find out info for congressional representation. You don't need to know someones race or ethnic background!!! Why did they not ask about what your religion is? It is now used by the dems to buy votes!!!

Who cares?

:lol: I guess you don't care about getting representation for the taxes you pay.

Nice backpedal and skirt. Everything about you says you're not footing your own bill, so you stand to lose nothing.

Who cares?

Hell, I have yet to get representation for the taxes I pay, why worry about it now?

Nice backpedal and skirt. Everything about you says you're not footing your own bill, so you stand to lose nothing.

:lol: YOu know nothing about me. :lol:
And you just end up looking immature and judgemental, when you make stupid assumptions.

Forum List

Back