Another Question for those who lie on the Census:

They took something that was Constitutional and have made it Unconstitutional at this point. There was no need to add all those politically-motivated questions. All to give corrupt organizations like ACORN more Tax Payer cash. Pretty sad stuff.

Is ACORN still handling the Census count?

Just mailed ours in this morning, complete with names and phone number.

No BFD. :cool:

Exactly. No BFD...not invasive and took me all of 3 minutes to fill it out.
I gave my name, my wife and my children...and I gave my phone number...
Something tells me I do not need to worry about them selling my info to a list company.

I'm not the least bit worried about what they do with names and phone numbers. I simply saw no reason for them to ask for either.

They took something that was Constitutional and have made it Unconstitutional at this point. There was no need to add all those politically-motivated questions. All to give corrupt organizations like ACORN more Tax Payer cash. Pretty sad stuff.

You can call them "politically motivated" 'till pigs fly, but the census questions were expanded to include many other geographic and demographic categories going all the way back to the 1800's.

United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1810, the first inquiry on manufactures, quantity and value of products occurred; in 1840, inquiries on fisheries were added; and in 1850, the census included inquiries on social issues, such as taxation, churches, pauperism, and crime. The censuses also spread geographically, to new states and territories added to the Union, as well as to other areas under U.S. sovereignty or jurisdiction. There were so many more inquiries of all kinds in the census of 1880 that almost a full decade was needed to publish all the results.

By 1850, racial questions were added:
Race and ethnicity in the United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is ACORN still handling the Census count?

They never have and never will be. That was another LIE promulgated by the extremist cons.

Just mailed ours in this morning, complete with names and phone number.

No BFD. :cool:

Something tells me I do not need to worry about them selling my info to a list company.

I'm not the least bit worried about what they do with names and phone numbers. I simply saw no reason for them to ask for either.

So what, pray tell, will simply an address tell anyone? That a building exists? Get real.

I am not lying - I simply threw it in the trash. I did the same 10 years ago. There is no reason for the gov't to know my race or my telephone number. They only need to know how many people are in my household. They already have that information - it is on my tax returns.

There are over 10 million people in Los Angeles and 25 million in the region. It is the bluest of blue areas- they certainly won't miss my household. I will keep you abreast as this progresses - I expect them to show up and start asking questions in a few weeks - it should be fun avoiding them! :)

I am not lying - I simply threw it in the trash. I did the same 10 years ago. There is no reason for the gov't to know my race or my telephone number. They only need to know how many people are in my household. They already have that information - it is on my tax returns.

There are over 10 million people in Los Angeles and 25 million in the region. It is the bluest of blue areas- they certainly won't miss my household. I will keep you abreast as this progresses - I expect them to show up and start asking questions in a few weeks - it should be fun avoiding them! :)

They ask for your race on tax returns? I thought if the question was asked it's voluntary. Even so, using your logic, the Census Bureau would have to add another layer by cross-checking every individual against IRS returns. Your stoic position on this is positively ludicrous, especially since, being such a solid Constitutionalist, your name has been one of the requirements since the census was established. That said, I don't think anyone's going to knock at your door if you don't feel like putting your phone number down since people didn't have phones in the 1700's.

I think it hilarious when people lie or don't feel it out, especially people who have a problem with taxes.
The census helps many, including businesses.
So in reality you want to slow down the progression of capitalism, and do not agree with " no taxation without representation."
My one single reply, or lack thereof, is of no more value than my one single vote in a national election.

If any of it really mattered, I wouldn't be given the "option" to begin with.

The census isn't an option. Voting is.

At $25 an hour for tracking you down it should be fun for the census worker too.

Did you lie on it 10 years ago too, or is this just a "wild hair" that makes you want to lie on the census this time?

I never lie. I only give out the following information:

Names
Ages
Numner of people in household

The only information that they didn't get was a phone number that i actually use. Its a real number, its mine, but that cell phone hasn't even been turned on in 2 months.

So what, pray tell, will simply an address tell anyone? That a building exists? Get real.

Um, they didn't ask for an address. You "get real." The rest of the information was provided, just not my phone number or my name.

Last edited:

At $25 an hour for tracking you down it should be fun for the census worker too.

Think of it as another job "saved" or "Created" by Obama!! WOOHOO!!!!!

They ask for your race on tax returns? I thought if the question was asked it's voluntary. Even so, using your logic, the Census Bureau would have to add another layer by cross-checking every individual against IRS returns. Your stoic position on this is positively ludicrous, especially since, being such a solid Constitutionalist, your name has been one of the requirements since the census was established. That said, I don't think anyone's going to knock at your door if you don't feel like putting your phone number down since people didn't have phones in the 1700's.
They already have my "race" - I am part of the "human" race. They can figure out the number of people in my household by my tax returns. You do realize that they use sampling?

Last edited:
I said I have 58 mongolians living in my house.

Was that wrong?

Nothing!!! I put I have 9 Illegal alien Mexicans and the majority of them are jailbirds. I am so mad at the questions they asked. I thought the census was suppose to just count heads. Remember as stated in the constitution all men are created equal!!! the government is the most racist thing around. Always bringing up race and labeling people by race when this is not needed!!!

The Census is a joke. Their questions are absurd and invasive. They only need to ask one question. There is no need to have all those ridiculous questions added. The Census was Constitutional but now i'm not so sure. It's all about politics now.

Thank god that Acorn was out of the picture then it would of been more of a waste as it already is!! Looks to me that the dems are trolling for new voters for the ones that this healthcare bill will cost them!!! Looking for some new replacement.

Nothing. It's that little "2" in the "Number of persons in household" that will tell them everything they have any need to know.

I pay taxes based on my income - not whether I'm black, blue, purple, or Hispanic. It makes no difference what race I am.

Which is why I mentioned businesses benefiting from the census. ;)
How are you going to know the demographics of a community, if you don't take a survey of that community?

What's the importance of knowing the demographics of a community? All they need to know and all that is required is to know how many people live in a certain area. What good does it do to know whether they're white, black, brown, or any other color?

:lol: YOu have obviously never ran a business before.

YOu are not going to put a business that caters to a certain ethnic group when not many live in that community.
YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out.

Forum List

Back