Another Question for those who lie on the Census:

They took something that was Constitutional and have made it Unconstitutional at this point. There was no need to add all those politically-motivated questions. All to give corrupt organizations like ACORN more Tax Payer cash. Pretty sad stuff.

Is ACORN still handling the Census count?

They never have and never will be. That was another LIE promulgated by the extremist cons.

I found this to be a valid question since ACORN was involved in the 2000 Census.

The group, Acorn for short, is one of tens of thousands of census partners — including state and local government agencies, community groups, business clubs, corporations, media outlets and churches — that voluntarily promote the importance of being counted. First used in the 2000 census, such partnerships were credited with reducing the undercount of hard-to-count groups, like African-Americans, Hispanics and the poor.

Again, I think only 3 people answered that yes, they lied 10 years ago on the census and are going to do it again. The others didn't say, so I'm wondering if there is a reason they want to lie now, in 2010, on the U.S. Census.

Good question to ask.

It means exactly what it looks like it means...

I'm not known for mincing words.

So because Luissa thinks people should be honest on the census, that means she doesn't foot her own bill?

You're obviously missing a few conversations, but hey.. I'd expect nothing less.

If Gunny's sucking off socialized medicine, I'd *really* like to hear what Luissa has done to contribute toward her country for her "free ride".

And no, I don't believe for one minute she's paying for her own medical care/insurance - I believe it's being handed to her. Know what that means? Nothing changes for her. The rest of us, however...

Does this new "program" piss me off? You're damned right it does.

I never said he was sucking off socialized medicine.
And why shouldn't I guestion him? I don't recieve free medical from the government, then bitch when other people get medical insurance with the government's help. The only true socialized medicine in this country is the medical care the military recieve.
I also think Gunny has every right to recieve medical care through the government.

I am not lying - I simply threw it in the trash. I did the same 10 years ago. There is no reason for the gov't to know my race or my telephone number. They only need to know how many people are in my household. They already have that information - it is on my tax returns.

There are over 10 million people in Los Angeles and 25 million in the region. It is the bluest of blue areas- they certainly won't miss my household. I will keep you abreast as this progresses - I expect them to show up and start asking questions in a few weeks - it should be fun avoiding them! :)

At $25 an hour for tracking you down it should be fun for the census worker too.

Think of it as another job "saved" or "Created" by Obama!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Cute. And here I thought it was you people who have been screeching for Obama to concentrate on JOBS. As soon as you tell me how he should go about FORCING employers to hire, I'm all ears and eyes. But of course you'd be shooting yourselves in the foot by claiming that "the government can't 'force' people to do anything against their will." Kind of a conundrum for ya, isn't it...

Which is why I mentioned businesses benefiting from the census. ;)
How are you going to know the demographics of a community, if you don't take a survey of that community?

What's the importance of knowing the demographics of a community? All they need to know and all that is required is to know how many people live in a certain area. What good does it do to know whether they're white, black, brown, or any other color?

:lol: YOu have obviously never ran a business before.

YOu are not going to put a business that caters to a certain ethnic group when not many live in that community.
YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out.

As I mentioned before, but those kinds of considerations actually require thinking. :eusa_think:

Did you recieve the census in the mail?
If you did, they already know your address, and they probably already know your phone number.

Then they don't need to ask for either, do they? So why waste the room on the paper?

Who cares?
I fill out paperwork all the time that asks for my address, and was also sent to my house. Get over it, there are more important things in life to worry about.

The complaints about this are obviously coming from the more hysterical extremists who wish to add one more layer of Obama-bashing--like it's something HE intends to "use" as part of his overall plan of taking over the entire US government and turning it into a Communist state.

:lol: YOu have obviously never ran a business before.

YOu are not going to put a business that caters to a certain ethnic group when not many live in that community.
YOu are not going to open a KOrean food store in a mostly white or black community, you are not going to put a salon that caters to black people in a white community. Think about it, it is pretty simple to figure out.
Clearly, you've never been to Los Angeles. Korean markets are located all over South Central, and yes, they sell Korean items.

Demographic information is available from a variety of private sources that give better and more pertinent information and results for business. SiteReports, ESRI. Claritas, Percept, Hoovers, CoStar, etc...

GeoLytics is an industry leader, providing demographic data, census demographics, market research data, and geocoding for social researchers and business marketing since 1996. Our easy-to-use software comes with built-in mapping capabilities that create thematic maps for instant spatial display of your demographic information.Business and marketing personnel use GeoLytics data for target marketing, customer profiling, and business site selection. . More than 4,000 libraries, universities, and government agencies trust GeoLytics for our population estimates, population projections,
and GIS data.

Register for FREE Census 2000 Data and download data directly onto your PC quickly and easily
Demographic data, US Census and GIS products - GeoLytics

Wow a business that offers demographics, offers a free census report. I wonder why?

A private enterprise benefiting from a government agency? Who knew?

Last edited:
Names and numbers of certain minorities will be used by the DNC for voter registration purposes. Ding dong Obama calling!!!!

They've been doing that kind of profiling for over 200 years, or didn't you bother reading the posted information. Nevermind, facts just get in the way. Carry on. You're quite amusing.

Of course not - you aren't the one losing anything - you're just getting more for free, so what do you have to worry about?

:lol: I guess you don't care about getting representation for the taxes you pay.
I do love how you like to make assumptions.:lol:

Hell, I have yet to get representation for the taxes I pay, why worry about it now?

That's your problem. Try the voting booth.

Of course not - you aren't the one losing anything - you're just getting more for free, so what do you have to worry about?

:lol: I guess you don't care about getting representation for the taxes you pay.

Hell, I have yet to get representation for the taxes I pay, why worry about it now?

Ya know, taxation with representation isn't so great either. :eusa_whistle:

Is ACORN still handling the Census count?

They never have and never will be. That was another LIE promulgated by the extremist cons.

I found this to be a valid question since ACORN was involved in the 2000 Census.

The group, Acorn for short, is one of tens of thousands of census partners — including state and local government agencies, community groups, business clubs, corporations, media outlets and churches — that voluntarily promote the importance of being counted. First used in the 2000 census, such partnerships were credited with reducing the undercount of hard-to-count groups, like African-Americans, Hispanics and the poor.

I meant THIS year. Sorry, I should have been more explicit. I was responding to the older allegations, proven false, that Acorn would be runnning the census operation from the White House this year.

Nice backpedal and skirt. Everything about you says you're not footing your own bill, so you stand to lose nothing.
Do you foot your own bill? What is the size of your carbon footprint?

Nice backpedal and skirt. Everything about you says you're not footing your own bill, so you stand to lose nothing.

Its none of yours or the governments business :tongue: :)

Is this Dis' or Pilgrm's footprint?

bigfoot_cj-wis.jpg

I still find it funny that a government that supposedly works for the equality of all, still likes to keep track of people by race

It is against the law for any organizatrion to insist on an answer to that question. One can ask, but not insist on an answer......except the government.

Go figure.

Is this Dis' or Pilgrm's footprint?

bigfoot_cj-wis.jpg

Speaking of carbon footprints........My carbon footprint is positively Brobdingnagian!!!! and only getting bigger, and BIGGER every day. Sometimes I forget and I leave the lights and air conditioning on all day - while I am out driving around and nobody is home. Silly me! I do like to be comfortable, so in the summer I keep the AC at around 68 and in the winter I heat the house to about 75-78. I also like to swim year round, so I heat my pool to 85-90 all year. It's a great pool! I dump the thousands of gallons of water down the drain at least once a year to keep it nice and fresh. Man I love that pool! I also like to fly for fun - that is why I got my Private Pilots license! DAH!!! When I fly my Cessna (around 100 hours per year on average) , I burn about 12- 15 gallons of fuel per hour. Since I have been successful at helping many other people accomplish their own goals, I have been rewarded financially, so I drive a new luxury SUV. One that safely ensconces me in comfort and style at around 18 MPG HWY and around 16 City. No need to thank me , I am just doing my part!!

Last edited:
I still find it funny that a government that supposedly works for the equality of all, still likes to keep track of people by race

That's a good point and I don't blame people for choosing to not answer or give their name and phone number...If the census was really just about counting people..?

A memo came along with the census that says the info is strictly confidential for 72 years before it can be used publicly. They use it for other reasons apparently.

I look at is as just facts for the record...Think of all the future bloggers! :lol:

Question: What census data products will include data by race.

Answer: Data by race will appear in most Census 2000 data products. A large portion of Census 2000 data products will be made available on the Internet through the American FactFinder web page. Data on race also will be made available through paper reports and computer media such as CD-ROM and DVD. A description of our data products and a schedule for their release can be found on our web site at Census Bureau Home Page. Click on "Schedule", which will take you to the "Census 2000 Products at a Glance."

>

Question: How will data on race be presented?

Answer: Data on race will be shown using several different options. For example, in the Public Law 94-171 (redistricting) file, data will be shown for 63 racial categories. These include White alone, Black or African American alone, American Indian and Alaska Native alone, Asian alone, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, Some other race alone and 57 possible combinations of the above six categories.

In data products where it will not be possible to show 63 racial categories, such as the Demographic Profiles, data will be shown for seven mutually exclusive and exhaustive categories. The seven categories are White alone, Black or African American alone, American Indian and Alaska Native alone, Asian alone, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, Some other race alone, and Two or more races. The two or more races category represents all those respondents who reported more than one race.

A third option provides data about people who reported a race either alone or in combination with one or more other races. For example, the White alone or in combination category consists of those respondents who reported White, whether or not they reported any other races. In other words, people who reported only White or who reported combinations such as "White and Black or African American," or "White and Asian and American Indian and Alaska Native" are included in the White alone or in combination category. Using this option there are six alone or in combinations groups: White alone or in combination; Black or African American alone or in combination, American Indian and Alaska Native alone or in combination, Asian alone or in combination, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone or in combination, and Some other race alone or in combination. If the number of people in these six categories is calculated, it will equal the total number of responses and will generally exceed the total population.

>

Question: What are the race groups that federal agencies are to use to comply with the Office of Management and Budget's guidance for civil rights monitoring and enforcement?

Answer: The categories (made available in OMB Bulletin No. 00-02, "Guidance on Aggregation and Allocation of Data on Race for Use in Civil Rights Monitoring and Enforcement") to be used are:

1. American Indian and Alaska Native
2. Asian
3. Black or African American
4. Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander
5. White
6. American Indian and Alaska Native and White
7. Asian and White
8. Black or African American and White
9. American Indian and Alaska Native and Black or African American
10. >1 percent: Fill in if applicable with multiracial combinations greater than 1% of the population
11. Balance of individuals reporting more than one race
12. Total

Questions and Answers for Census 2000 Data on Race

Yes, I foot my own bill. Nobody has paid a dime for me since the day I was old enough to be on my own.

Any particular reason you're asking?

Forum List

Back