Another Police Officer charged for shooting unarmed people.

hahhaha
--thank you---it's not a major chronic problem
your post is very stupid
bank robbery is MUCH more common..there are thousands of bank robberies compared to unjustified cop shootings
Bank Crime Statistics 2018 | Federal Bureau of Investigation

You can address what I said or not.
hahahhahahahahahah
cops get charged also for unjustified murders
some bank robbers do not get charged
some murderers go free
etc

Some may get unjustly charged. It's why there is a trial.
plain and simple, there are not a lot of unjustified police shootings

True BUT when they happen they need properly dealt with, not excused away.
they are not excused--most are justifiable

There are subtle signs that times are changing. Then there are more obvious signs. Then there are brightly lit signs with fireworks and music. The changes to police use of force are signs. Signs lit like Times Square. Signs like the Eiffel Tower visible for miles.

Authorities charge Connecticut officer who opened fire on couple's car | abc7ny.com

The officer uttered the usual words. The Department even cleared him. Claiming that the use of force against unarmed innocent people was justified. However the DA and the Grand Jury seem to disagree.

More than a decade ago when I first started to write online I warned that if police did not change themselves they would have changes forced upon them. The changes are coming. This is but the first wave.

I was afeared for my life is no longer the get out of jail free card it once was. This cop will Probably be found guilty. But even if he is not the trend is there. No longer can police just start shooting secure that they will be exonerated by their peers and the system.

In a way. I feel bad for the cops. They could have changed the standards when it became obvious that the old ways were no longer acceptable. Now. Dozens of cops are going to end up in prison before the departments accept that change has come and the training and standards are changed to reflect this new reality. There are those who will argue it isn’t fair. But how fair is it for innocent unarmed people to get shot or maimed because anything you do could get you killed?

The Departments could have acted to protect their officers. Instead they continued the same old way long past the point where it was smart or even sane to do so.

Yep well unfortunately for you s0n, very few people share your sentiments. Very few.

How do we know this for certain?

What happened after all the kneel-ins at NFL stadiums two years ago?

Dick.....that's what happened. Because most dont care!:bye1::bye1:

People know that almost everybody who gets their ass shot off were going to get their ass shot off sooner or later by somebody!:2up:

Well 12 people agreed with me in the Amber Guyger case. Another twelve agreed in Georgia for a cop who shot a naked man.

Eleven of twelve favored a conviction for Michael Slager. He took a plea deal to avoid a Murder Conviction.

It seems that the tiny minority of people who agree with me end up on Juries.

We will have to see if the twelve folks hearing the case of Aaron Dean are also a part of this tiny minority who feel as I do.

My question to you however. Why do you think police should not be held accountable for their actions?
they are held accountable most of the time if the shooting is unjustified

A Police Officer broke the law and is charged. The system works. Meanwhile another 101 Police Officers died in the line of duty this year so far.

And those who did that will have to face the consequences.

We have Police Officers die in this country because guns are much to easy to obtain.

Because criminals care about laws.......

Because of that we need stronger gun laws.

A circular argument if I ever saw one.

hahhaha
You can address what I said or not.
hahahhahahahahahah
some murderers go free
etc

Most is not all. Most never make the news outside of locally.

There are subtle signs that times are changing. Then there are more obvious signs. Then there are brightly lit signs with fireworks and music. The changes to police use of force are signs. Signs lit like Times Square. Signs like the Eiffel Tower visible for miles.

Authorities charge Connecticut officer who opened fire on couple's car | abc7ny.com

The officer uttered the usual words. The Department even cleared him. Claiming that the use of force against unarmed innocent people was justified. However the DA and the Grand Jury seem to disagree.

More than a decade ago when I first started to write online I warned that if police did not change themselves they would have changes forced upon them. The changes are coming. This is but the first wave.

I was afeared for my life is no longer the get out of jail free card it once was. This cop will Probably be found guilty. But even if he is not the trend is there. No longer can police just start shooting secure that they will be exonerated by their peers and the system.

In a way. I feel bad for the cops. They could have changed the standards when it became obvious that the old ways were no longer acceptable. Now. Dozens of cops are going to end up in prison before the departments accept that change has come and the training and standards are changed to reflect this new reality. There are those who will argue it isn’t fair. But how fair is it for innocent unarmed people to get shot or maimed because anything you do could get you killed?

The Departments could have acted to protect their officers. Instead they continued the same old way long past the point where it was smart or even sane to do so.

Yep well unfortunately for you s0n, very few people share your sentiments. Very few.

How do we know this for certain?

What happened after all the kneel-ins at NFL stadiums two years ago?

Dick.....that's what happened. Because most dont care!:bye1::bye1:

People know that almost everybody who gets their ass shot off were going to get their ass shot off sooner or later by somebody!:2up:

Well 12 people agreed with me in the Amber Guyger case. Another twelve agreed in Georgia for a cop who shot a naked man.

Eleven of twelve favored a conviction for Michael Slager. He took a plea deal to avoid a Murder Conviction.

It seems that the tiny minority of people who agree with me end up on Juries.

We will have to see if the twelve folks hearing the case of Aaron Dean are also a part of this tiny minority who feel as I do.

My question to you however. Why do you think police should not be held accountable for their actions?
they are held accountable most of the time if the shooting is unjustified

You know that is horseshit.

hahhaha
hahahhahahahahahah
some murderers go free
etc

Most is not all. Most never make the news outside of locally.
a lot of people who murder and rob don't go to jail...that's the system..
again--humans are not perfect

Hey, I know....Let's keep going after cops until no one will do the job....Won't that be a fun place to live?

Every employee faces penalties for failing to do the job they are supposed to. Many face death for any mistake they make. As has been pointed out many times, there are far more dangerous jobs than police. But let’s say that you work on one of those offshore oil rigs. Obviously the worksite is dangerous. Your life hangs in the balance of the competence of your fellow workers. Are Management and the Government Inspectors doing something bad expecting everyone to do the job to the standards laid out beforehand? Would you rather an employee work alongside you who does not follow the rules?

I did demolitions in the Army. The lessons on how to do it right were rules written in blood of those who came before, and didn’t do it the right way. I can assure you I wouldn’t go anywhere near someone who was playing with explosives in a reckless manner.

So why should Cops be given a pass when they do something wrong? Why bother holding anyone accountable? If we arrest a Father for abusing their children, are we also making it impossible for anyone to be a Father? If we ticket a speeder, are we making it impossible for someone to drive? Why is it bad to hold police accountable the same way we hold every other person in society?

Hey, I know....Let's keep going after cops until no one will do the job....Won't that be a fun place to live?

Every employee faces penalties for failing to do the job they are supposed to. Many face death for any mistake they make. As has been pointed out many times, there are far more dangerous jobs than police. But let’s say that you work on one of those offshore oil rigs. Obviously the worksite is dangerous. Your life hangs in the balance of the competence of your fellow workers. Are Management and the Government Inspectors doing something bad expecting everyone to do the job to the standards laid out beforehand? Would you rather an employee work alongside you who does not follow the rules?

I did demolitions in the Army. The lessons on how to do it right were rules written in blood of those who came before, and didn’t do it the right way. I can assure you I wouldn’t go anywhere near someone who was playing with explosives in a reckless manner.

So why should Cops be given a pass when they do something wrong? Why bother holding anyone accountable? If we arrest a Father for abusing their children, are we also making it impossible for anyone to be a Father? If we ticket a speeder, are we making it impossible for someone to drive? Why is it bad to hold police accountable the same way we hold every other person in society?

"Another lawyer for Eaton, Elliot Spector, has said Eaton did not know the other officer had arrived at the scene and believed Witherspoon was shooting at him, when in reality it was the other officer firing his gun."

Sounds like a lack of inter communication to me....While I agree that neither officer should have been opening fire on the car, the internal investigation will sort things out...

While I am equally as sure that your past experience in EOD was filled with exacting rules, and regulations, as was mine as the MOS's, and training I held....That being said, it is still extremely difficult to second guess the situation from a news report.

And all I am saying is that police today are under attack from all sides including politicians that want to pander to groups out there that want to neuter police...Not a good idea I would think in today's society...

"Another lawyer for Eaton, Elliot Spector, has said Eaton did not know the other officer had arrived at the scene and believed Witherspoon was shooting at him, when in reality it was the other officer firing his gun."

Sounds like a lack of inter communication to me....While I agree that neither officer should have been opening fire on the car, the internal investigation will sort things out...

While I am equally as sure that your past experience in EOD was filled with exacting rules, and regulations, as was mine as the MOS's, and training I held....That being said, it is still extremely difficult to second guess the situation from a news report.

And all I am saying is that police today are under attack from all sides including politicians that want to pander to groups out there that want to neuter police...Not a good idea I would think in today's society...

The situation we find ourselves in is one which the police made for themselves. Their use of force policies were written in exceptions. Society went along in the 1980’s when police asked us to be reasonable. I remember those times. A cop walking in an Apartment Complex at night. A kid playing a game. The cop sees a shadowy figure with a toy gun. No way for the cop to know it was a toy. He fires and kills the kid. We were reasonable. We understood that in the situation there was no way the cop could tell it wasn’t a baddie with a real gun.

Then it was something else in the hand. A wallet. Anything. We were show demonstrations how this item could look like a gun. We were reasonable. We understood.

Then it went even farther. We were told the individual was reaching for something. It might have been a gun. We were told we had to be reasonable. We had to understand that the cop is not psychic. But we are also told that the cop knows when someone is guilty. The police develop instincts on the street.

During this time video became prevalent. We saw cops doing things that they insisted they did not do. We the public wanted to believe the bad apple argument. But we kept seeing more and more. The people looked about uneasily. There seemed to be a lot of bad apples.

Video should have been the greatest tool for the police. If they were half as socially conscious as they claimed then it would have helped them design new training and standards on how and when to use force.

Instead the police argued that video was bad. I remember one case where the video monitoring the suspect in the back of a car showed the cop open the door and lean in beating the guy. He was charged and the Judge ruled that the video system was only to be used to protect police. Never to be used against them.

The same Conservatives who rail about Unions screwing up companies and all that rush around spouting propaganda from the Police Unions. Either Unions are bad, or they are good. You can’t have it both ways.

I told the wife. Ten years ago most of these cases would not be prosecuted. Five years ago the cop would be exonerated. Today. Not so much. The people are rejecting the propaganda from the police unions and doomsday predictions. The people believe the cops can do the job right, safely, and live to tell the tale.

The problem isn’t the groups opposed to the police. They were ignored for decades. They would be ignored today. The problem is the cops haven’t changed for the better. When an innocent dies it is a tragedy. But hey it is a dangerous world. When a cop gets a paper cut it is a catastrophic event which shows the dangerous world.

The truth remains. The Citizens are the first victims of crime. Cops aren’t raped. Cops aren’t robbed. There are an average of 15,000 murders per year. Cops make up less than a hundred deaths by violence generally. Usually half the police deaths are accidental or natural causes. But even if it is 150 deaths by violence then on average it is the same risk of death as the public at large. 300 million people. 3 million cops.

The police could have led the changes being forced upon them. They could have opened ranks and enforced the high standards we were told for years they had for officers. Instead they closed ranks and doubled down on the propaganda. They started to use social media to ask the public to oppose the release on parole of cop killers while at the same time telling the juries that you can’t send a cop to prison. It is too dangerous for the cops.

Oddly there were no demands from cops to reform prison so it was less dangerous for everyone. They cheered the more barbaric conditions saying that Prison should be tough to really punish the criminal. Unless the criminal is a cop.

I feel a certain sympathy for the police. But it is tempered by the knowledge that the cops make this bed. They are the ones who can straighten it out the fastest. They won’t even consider it.

Not one of these pos here was on the scene and knows any details of the case but the mindless bots know it all.

The situation we find ourselves in is one which the police made for themselves. Their use of force policies were written in exceptions. Society went along in the 1980’s when police asked us to be reasonable. I remember those times. A cop walking in an Apartment Complex at night. A kid playing a game. The cop sees a shadowy figure with a toy gun. No way for the cop to know it was a toy. He fires and kills the kid. We were reasonable. We understood that in the situation there was no way the cop could tell it wasn’t a baddie with a real gun.

Then it was something else in the hand. A wallet. Anything. We were show demonstrations how this item could look like a gun. We were reasonable. We understood.

Then it went even farther. We were told the individual was reaching for something. It might have been a gun. We were told we had to be reasonable. We had to understand that the cop is not psychic. But we are also told that the cop knows when someone is guilty. The police develop instincts on the street.

During this time video became prevalent. We saw cops doing things that they insisted they did not do. We the public wanted to believe the bad apple argument. But we kept seeing more and more. The people looked about uneasily. There seemed to be a lot of bad apples.

Video should have been the greatest tool for the police. If they were half as socially conscious as they claimed then it would have helped them design new training and standards on how and when to use force.

Instead the police argued that video was bad. I remember one case where the video monitoring the suspect in the back of a car showed the cop open the door and lean in beating the guy. He was charged and the Judge ruled that the video system was only to be used to protect police. Never to be used against them.

The same Conservatives who rail about Unions screwing up companies and all that rush around spouting propaganda from the Police Unions. Either Unions are bad, or they are good. You can’t have it both ways.

I told the wife. Ten years ago most of these cases would not be prosecuted. Five years ago the cop would be exonerated. Today. Not so much. The people are rejecting the propaganda from the police unions and doomsday predictions. The people believe the cops can do the job right, safely, and live to tell the tale.

The problem isn’t the groups opposed to the police. They were ignored for decades. They would be ignored today. The problem is the cops haven’t changed for the better. When an innocent dies it is a tragedy. But hey it is a dangerous world. When a cop gets a paper cut it is a catastrophic event which shows the dangerous world.

The truth remains. The Citizens are the first victims of crime. Cops aren’t raped. Cops aren’t robbed. There are an average of 15,000 murders per year. Cops make up less than a hundred deaths by violence generally. Usually half the police deaths are accidental or natural causes. But even if it is 150 deaths by violence then on average it is the same risk of death as the public at large. 300 million people. 3 million cops.

The police could have led the changes being forced upon them. They could have opened ranks and enforced the high standards we were told for years they had for officers. Instead they closed ranks and doubled down on the propaganda. They started to use social media to ask the public to oppose the release on parole of cop killers while at the same time telling the juries that you can’t send a cop to prison. It is too dangerous for the cops.

Oddly there were no demands from cops to reform prison so it was less dangerous for everyone. They cheered the more barbaric conditions saying that Prison should be tough to really punish the criminal. Unless the criminal is a cop.

I feel a certain sympathy for the police. But it is tempered by the knowledge that the cops make this bed. They are the ones who can straighten it out the fastest. They won’t even consider it.
I get, it all unions are either bad or good.

I get, it all unions are either bad or good.

I remember when cops (Citizens On Patrol) were called Peace Officers- they're now called Law Enforcement Officers
They're revenue generators for the most part- deadly revenue generators for sure- but revenue generators none the less.

There is a difference between holding someone accountable and persecuting them.

It is kinda like putting the actions of our soldiers in combat under a microscopic lens and then try and convict some of them for war crimes when they have to deal with a ruthless enemy...the end result of such foolishness is to motivate many to avoid serving...a nation who does not honor the military cannot be expected to survive long.

Likewise....the liberal narrative regarding police and negroes is that the negroes are always right no matter what they do do and the white cop who must shoot a negro to defend his life is always wrong....net result...those who would make good cops look for another profession and you wind up with the kinda cops that cannot perform the job adequately...thus the criminals are emboldened and crime flourishes....what sort of community wants that?

Last edited:
I remember when cops (Citizens On Patrol) were called Peace Officers- they're now called Law Enforcement Officers
They're revenue generators for the most part- deadly revenue generators for sure- but revenue generators none the less.

I have to agree with you in a general context....as in traffic offenses....this revenue generating system causes a long of young folks to get off on the wrong foot....as in they form a very negative opinion of cops at a early age with good reason and this carries over into a general disrespect for society as a whole and thus many kids get caught up in this mindset that leads to very destructive behavior.

A lot of white folks do not understand that cops kill more whites than blacks....a lot of dirty cops out there...the nature of the job attracts the very ones (sadists) who should never be a cop...cops are much quicker to shoot a white suspect than a black one because they know that if they shoot a negro they will be held to an excruciating and biased review....but if they kill a white...no one will question it....at least in most cases.

I never liked cops...never had a pleasant experience with one...I always and invariably found them to be arrogant and rude.

However...they way they are now portrayed by the media as white racists just looking for an excuse to execute a negro is far off the mark and fails to recognize the proclivity of young blacks for violence....it now just seems to be a part of their nature....this reality represented clearly by black thugs and their hatred of all whites irregardless.

3-time cop killer released on parole - CNN Video

Last edited:

It is kinda like putting the actions of our soldiers in combat under a microscopic lens and then try and convict some of them for war crimes when they have to deal with a ruthless enemy...the end result of such foolishness is to motivate many to avoid serving...a nation who does not honor the military cannot be expected to survive long.

Likewise....the liberal narrative regarding police and negroes is that the negroes are always right no matter what they do do and the white cop who must shoot a negro to defend his life is always wrong....net result...those who would make good cops look for another profession and you wind up with the kinda cops that cannot perform the job adequately...thus the criminals are emboldened and crime flourishes....what sort of community wants that?

Congratulations. You went racist and warned of anarchy if we don’t support the police against the scary Black people. If my choice is Abusive brutal police who are essentially above the law, and anarchy. I choose anarchy. I refuse to accept that those with badges are first class citizens and the rest are merely peons who live by their whim.

Congratulations. You went racist and warned of anarchy if we don’t support the police against the scary Black people. If my choice is Abusive brutal police who are essentially above the law, and anarchy. I choose anarchy. I refuse to accept that those with badges are first class citizens and the rest are merely peons who live by their whim.

'scary black people'----translation............the black propensity for violence is a myth.

The truth....................
any candid debate on race and criminality in the United States must begin with the fact that blacks are responsible for an astoundingly disproportionate number of crimes, which has been the case for at least the past half a century.

Family secret: What the left won’t tell you about black crime

'scary black people'----translation............the black propensity for violence is a myth.

any candid debate on race and criminality in the United States must begin with the fact that blacks are responsible for an astoundingly disproportionate number of crimes, which has been the case for at least the past half a century.

Ah yes. Tell you what. Take this crap to another thread and try and recruit someone scared of blacks there. As for me. I know you are completely full of shit. Then again, I was raised right.

I thought you were talking about this one. I guess the new policy these days is shoot to kill first, think later?

any candid debate on race and criminalityAs in the United States must begin with the fact that blacks are responsible for an astoundingly disproportionate number of crimes, which has been the case for at least the past half a century.

Ah yes. Tell you what. Take this crap to another thread and try and recruit someone scared of blacks there. As for me. I know you are completely full of shit. Then again, I was raised right.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa This is the kind of moron that is far too common on this board.

As in...has a movie running in his head and will not be bothered with the truth as it conflicts with his indoctrination.

Forum List

Back