Another Police Officer charged for shooting unarmed people.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
There are subtle signs that times are changing. Then there are more obvious signs. Then there are brightly lit signs with fireworks and music. The changes to police use of force are signs. Signs lit like Times Square. Signs like the Eiffel Tower visible for miles.

Authorities charge Connecticut officer who opened fire on couple's car | abc7ny.com

The officer uttered the usual words. The Department even cleared him. Claiming that the use of force against unarmed innocent people was justified. However the DA and the Grand Jury seem to disagree.

More than a decade ago when I first started to write online I warned that if police did not change themselves they would have changes forced upon them. The changes are coming. This is but the first wave.

I was afeared for my life is no longer the get out of jail free card it once was. This cop will Probably be found guilty. But even if he is not the trend is there. No longer can police just start shooting secure that they will be exonerated by their peers and the system.

In a way. I feel bad for the cops. They could have changed the standards when it became obvious that the old ways were no longer acceptable. Now. Dozens of cops are going to end up in prison before the departments accept that change has come and the training and standards are changed to reflect this new reality. There are those who will argue it isn’t fair. But how fair is it for innocent unarmed people to get shot or maimed because anything you do could get you killed?

The Departments could have acted to protect their officers. Instead they continued the same old way long past the point where it was smart or even sane to do so.

It's such a simple solution. Carry a spare knife you can plant on your victim and ... voila ... no longer unarmed.

I could understand the excuse of the officer not charged. You have one officer blasting away and that could seem like a gun fight.

That noted, yes things are changing. The police forces can adapt and change or as noted, have change forced on them.

It's such a simple solution. Carry a spare knife you can plant on your victim and ... voila ... no longer unarmed.
An easier way would be for the officer to say "I thought he was reaching for a gun" when the perp is shot for having a cell phone. A time tested winning formula for a trigger happy LEO.

Would that be at least Perjury? And tampering with the scene of a crime? Two more felonies? With all the video out there today that pretty much guarantees a conviction. At least that is what happened to Michael Slager. No statement by him could be considered truthful after he placed the Taser next to Walter Scott’s body. A questionable shooting became a bad shooting that fast.

I'm reserving judgement until after I see the bodycam footage. Did the officer order the subject to stay in the car, as they usually do? Why did the subject exit the vehicle? Did the subject have something in his hand when he exited the vehicle?

The police are still saints, and saints should not be sent to jail.
I almost puked reading that. Please don't offend my sense of justice...Cops well pigs are out of control and so is the system because they are frustrated over the revolving door of justice. Try getting rid of some useless laws first then train cops to be able to physically restrain people without adding murder to the training.

They had the right car obviously.

"The shooting followed a reported attempted armed robbery at a gas station in Hamden. The clerk later told police he didn't see a gun, and surveillance video shows Witherspoon appearing to have an argument with another man but not robbing him."

I want to see the surveillance video from this incident and I want to know if the clerk who reported the armed robbery lied in his original statement.
If so this is on him.

There are subtle signs that times are changing. Then there are more obvious signs. Then there are brightly lit signs with fireworks and music. The changes to police use of force are signs. Signs lit like Times Square. Signs like the Eiffel Tower visible for miles.

Authorities charge Connecticut officer who opened fire on couple's car | abc7ny.com

The officer uttered the usual words. The Department even cleared him. Claiming that the use of force against unarmed innocent people was justified. However the DA and the Grand Jury seem to disagree.

More than a decade ago when I first started to write online I warned that if police did not change themselves they would have changes forced upon them. The changes are coming. This is but the first wave.

I was afeared for my life is no longer the get out of jail free card it once was. This cop will Probably be found guilty. But even if he is not the trend is there. No longer can police just start shooting secure that they will be exonerated by their peers and the system.

In a way. I feel bad for the cops. They could have changed the standards when it became obvious that the old ways were no longer acceptable. Now. Dozens of cops are going to end up in prison before the departments accept that change has come and the training and standards are changed to reflect this new reality. There are those who will argue it isn’t fair. But how fair is it for innocent unarmed people to get shot or maimed because anything you do could get you killed?

The Departments could have acted to protect their officers. Instead they continued the same old way long past the point where it was smart or even sane to do so.
.....a bunch of babble--we've been over this before ..I've given you the facts, stats and links
..there is NOT a major, chronic problem of cops shooting ANYONE--much less unjustified
..the ROOT of the problem is the criminals--kids/idiots having kids before they are ready--financially and mentally

.....a bunch of babble--we've been over this before ..I've given you the facts, stats and links
..there is NOT a major, chronic problem of cops shooting ANYONE--much less unjustified
..the ROOT of the problem is the criminals--kids/idiots having kids before they are ready--financially and mentally

It doesn't have to be "chronic" to address it when it does happen. Bank robbery is not "chronic" either but we charge a person when they Rob a bank.

It doesn't have to be "chronic" to address it when it does happen. Bank robbery is not "chronic" either but we ch
arge a person when they Rob a bank.
--thank you---it's not a major chronic problem
your post is very stupid
bank robbery is MUCH more common..there are thousands of bank robberies compared to unjustified cop shootings
Bank Crime Statistics 2018 | Federal Bureau of Investigation

It doesn't have to be "chronic" to address it when it does happen. Bank robbery is not "chronic" either but we ch
your post is very stupid
bank robbery is MUCH more common..there are thousands of bank robberies compared to unjustified cop shootings

You can address what I said or not.

hahhaha

your post is very stupid

You can address what I said or not.
hahahhahahahahahah
cops get charged also for unjustified murders
some bank robbers do not get charged
some murderers go free
etc

And I have posted this before. Nearly half of Police Shootings in Georgia were situations where the “suspect” was unarmed, or shot in the back.

OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

Half. Now, you can pretend that Georgia is somehow worse than any other state. It isn’t. Or you can accept that there are a lot of shootings that are questionable, and under the standards we are seeing enforced are bad. I say seeing enforced because time and time again, we are seeing people charged and tried, and some are convicted, for shootings that a decade ago would not even raise an eyebrow in the justice system.

In Georgia, we saw a cop convicted of shooting a naked man. We have seen other actions as well. So the times, they are a changing. It is folks like yourself who want to scream that it isn’t fair that are going to see more cops tossed in the Jail, and then prison, because you refuse to believe that these shootings are wrong.

In the meantime, the rest of us are watching this happen. Some are cheering, some are not. I am not. I saw this coming for a long time, and I hope that these changes can save lives. I wish the Police had led the changes, because then the officers would have a better chance of avoiding prison.

But they wouldn’t, like you they decided cops were more valuable than anyone else. And another has just been charged showing that all lives have value.

A Police Officer broke the law and is charged. The system works. Meanwhile another 101 Police Officers died in the line of duty this year so far.

And I have posted this before. Nearly half of Police Shootings in Georgia were situations where the “suspect” was unarmed, or shot in the back.

OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

Half. Now, you can pretend that Georgia is somehow worse than any other state. It isn’t. Or you can accept that there are a lot of shootings that are questionable, and under the standards we are seeing enforced are bad. I say seeing enforced because time and time again, we are seeing people charged and tried, and some are convicted, for shootings that a decade ago would not even raise an eyebrow in the justice system.

In Georgia, we saw a cop convicted of shooting a naked man. We have seen other actions as well. So the times, they are a changing. It is folks like yourself who want to scream that it isn’t fair that are going to see more cops tossed in the Jail, and then prison, because you refuse to believe that these shootings are wrong.

In the meantime, the rest of us are watching this happen. Some are cheering, some are not. I am not. I saw this coming for a long time, and I hope that these changes can save lives. I wish the Police had led the changes, because then the officers would have a better chance of avoiding prison.

But they wouldn’t, like you they decided cops were more valuable than anyone else. And another has just been charged showing that all lives have value.
hahahaha--like I said--babble bullshit
AGAIN:
1. unarmed does not mean unjustified
2. since 2010!!!! -not per year
. A year-long investigation by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
do you understand??? this is NOT a court of law = not proof/not facts
4. [QUOTE
Reporters analyzed
][/QUOTE]
hahahahahahhh reporters = MSM = bullshit....you do know the MSM is crap? they sensationalize everything/twist crap 180/etc
etc etc

233 = in the entire US !!!! :
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

The police are still saints, and saints should not be sent to jail.
I almost puked reading that. Please don't offend my sense of justice...Cops well pigs are out of control and so is the system because they are frustrated over the revolving door of justice. Try getting rid of some useless laws first then train cops to be able to physically restrain people without adding murder to the training.

Which "useless law" do you write of?

Forum List

Back