Another New Guy

Oilfield_Mafia

Expert Thread Derailer
Sep 10, 2008
Oklahoma
Hey everyone, just signed up here for good discussions. I live in Oklahoma and work in the oilfield. So yea, I support drilling.. DRILL BABY DRILL!
:clap2:

Hey everyone, just signed up here for good discussions. I live in Oklahoma and work in the oilfield. So yea, I support drilling.. DRILL BABY DRILL!

What about the fact that the oil companies pay us pre 2000 prices for our oil and then sell it on the world market for over $100 a barrell? Why don't they sell some of it to America for a little cheaper?

The oil companies have profitted from the spike in oil prices. They are also profitting from the Iraq war. Yet here we are paying their way so they can get the oil contracts in Iraq and they are enjoying record profits.

You know what? I know exactly what you are going to say. You don't give a rats ass. You just want to draw a paycheck. You are what they call the house slave. I don't expect you to bite the hand that feeds you.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
First off, thanks for the warm welcome..

Second off, I WONT bite the hand that feeds me.. would you?

You are right about the oil companies gaining profit from the spike in proces and from the war.. lets see, I bet Colt firearms is profiting from the war as well. and GM, and the companies that make the uniforms and kevlar vests for the soldiers.. How come your not jumping on those companies?

Seriously.. Oil should have been over $100 a bbl a LONG time ago.. because its worth it.. if it wasnt worth it, you wouldnt be buying it right now. You act like my pay goes up with the oil prices.. sheesh.. time for a reality check.

Thanks ya'll.. glad to be here.

If it makes you feel better, I thought about you last night. And you'd be bored here if everyone agreed with you, right?

Anyways, last night I was thinking about what you do. Then I was listening to my liberal radio show and they were playing John McCain when he said, "I'll pay any American $50 hr. to go pick fruit, they won't do it, no way, blabla."

Anyways, my point is this. People working for pharmacutical or oil are just like auto workers. They vote democratic because the democrats are pro union. You guys vote GOP because you think they have your best interests in mind, just because they favor your industry. Well all I can say to that is, don't count on it. The Oil Companies will eventually hire illegal immigrants to do your job. They'll do it better and cheaper.

And the pharmecutical people. The drug companies will eventually max out their profits and the only way they'll be able to squeeze more profit out of the company for the ceo is to cut your pay. Get rid of the old timers and hire younger workers. Charge you more for your health insurance so the company doesn't have to pay so much.

They'll chip away at you too eventually. Because just like us, you are a lazy American who wants too much per hour. $250k a year? I bet a Mexican would do it for $50K.

And when they do it to you, who will you complain to? Us? Good luck getting simpathy from us.

Look at what they did to the auto industry. They first moved the jobs from the union north to the south. Was that enough? Noooo. They then went to china, europe, mexico and Canada where they don't have to pay for health insurance, unions, american wages, etc.

That is why you should vote for Obama. My brother makes $400k a year and he's voting for Obama. He's worried that if McCain wins, he won't have a job. Or his job will be next. You don't think a indian from India who is educated in England or America could come over and do my brothers job for $200K a year?

America, wake up!!!

heh... well, at least you're supporting something that's in your own self-interest.

I just figure there's a way to keep you in $$$$ and still protect our environment. Other than that, keep on making money, honey. lol...

welcome.

If it makes you feel better, I thought about you last night. And you'd be bored here if everyone agreed with you, right?

Anyways, last night I was thinking about what you do. Then I was listening to my liberal radio show and they were playing John McCain when he said, "I'll pay any American $50 hr. to go pick fruit, they won't do it, no way, blabla."

Anyways, my point is this. People working for pharmacutical or oil are just like auto workers. They vote democratic because the democrats are pro union. You guys vote GOP because you think they have your best interests in mind, just because they favor your industry. Well all I can say to that is, don't count on it. The Oil Companies will eventually hire illegal immigrants to do your job. They'll do it better and cheaper.

And the pharmecutical people. The drug companies will eventually max out their profits and the only way they'll be able to squeeze more profit out of the company for the ceo is to cut your pay. Get rid of the old timers and hire younger workers. Charge you more for your health insurance so the company doesn't have to pay so much.

They'll chip away at you too eventually. Because just like us, you are a lazy American who wants too much per hour. $250k a year? I bet a Mexican would do it for $50K.

And when they do it to you, who will you complain to? Us? Good luck getting simpathy from us.

Look at what they did to the auto industry. They first moved the jobs from the union north to the south. Was that enough? Noooo. They then went to china, europe, mexico and Canada where they don't have to pay for health insurance, unions, american wages, etc.

That is why you should vote for Obama. My brother makes $400k a year and he's voting for Obama. He's worried that if McCain wins, he won't have a job. Or his job will be next. You don't think a indian from India who is educated in England or America could come over and do my brothers job for $200K a year?

America, wake up!!!

Welcome! Love your avatar. My younger BIL has done a bunch of roughneckin' in the last couple decades. Dangerous work - stay safe, ok?
Don't really agree with your political views so far, but it's all good...IF you redeem yourself somewhat in my eyes by being a [COLOR=99000]SOONER[/COLOR] fan. :D If you are, you'll know what to say next...

I look forward to discussions with a "fellow" Oklahoman.
:welcome:

Forum List

Back