Another musician is telling the Trump campaign to stop using their music

‘Another musician is telling the Trump campaign to stop using their music, this time the cease and desist is coming from the band Linkin Park.

On Saturday night, President Trump retweeted a campaign video that featured the band's 2002 hit song 'In The End.' Linkin Park swiftly took action on having the video removed and shared a message with fans on Twitter.

"Linkin Park did not and does not endorse Trump, nor authorize his organization to use any of our music," reads their statement. "A cease and desist has been issued."

This isn't the first time a music artist has told the Trump campaign not to use their music. Earlier this month, musician Neil Young stated he was 'NOT ok' with Trump playing his music during the White House's Mount Rushmore event celebrating Independence Day. Last month, The Rolling Stones threatening legal action against Trump's campaign for using their music at his campaign rallies. A week before that, the family of the late Tom Petty filed a cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign after one of the musician's songs was played at a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.’

Trump is a racist, a bigot, and a misogynist – no artist wants Trump to use their music, no artist wants to be in any way associated with Trump, and understandably so.

There's not much a thin-skinned leftist artist can do about Trump playing his music if Trump meets these conditions. And the artists have lawyers who know what they can and can't do.

Playing Music in Public
A common misunderstanding among business owners is that songwriters are only compensated by the purchase of their CDs, so that a business owner can freely play copyrighted music for customers. The reality of the situation is that songwriters receive most of their compensation from public performances, so that business owners may be responsible for obtaining a license from a performing rights organization before being able to play copyrighted music in public. Some courts have defined public uses of music as:

• Radio stations
  • Bars, restaurants, night clubs, and juke box operators
  • Hotels that play the radio for guests through speakers or headphones
  • Stores
  • Telephone intercom systems that play music while callers are on hold

What YOU don't understand is, all the ones listed pays bulk royalties to companies like ASCAP or BMI. These companies represent the Artists and Recording Companies. I used to play the nightclubs and bars. The Stupidity of some posting a sign that said "No ASCAP or BMI will be played on the premise". That means that the Live Bands can't play any cover tunes. We did anyway. But sooner or later that sign was taken down when they got a visit from the ASCAP and BMI.
I read the law that I posted. Trump's venue isn't on the list requirements.

Daryl and Rye Catcher know everything about everything, just ask them.

‘Another musician is telling the Trump campaign to stop using their music, this time the cease and desist is coming from the band Linkin Park.

On Saturday night, President Trump retweeted a campaign video that featured the band's 2002 hit song 'In The End.' Linkin Park swiftly took action on having the video removed and shared a message with fans on Twitter.

"Linkin Park did not and does not endorse Trump, nor authorize his organization to use any of our music," reads their statement. "A cease and desist has been issued."

This isn't the first time a music artist has told the Trump campaign not to use their music. Earlier this month, musician Neil Young stated he was 'NOT ok' with Trump playing his music during the White House's Mount Rushmore event celebrating Independence Day. Last month, The Rolling Stones threatening legal action against Trump's campaign for using their music at his campaign rallies. A week before that, the family of the late Tom Petty filed a cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign after one of the musician's songs was played at a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.’

Trump is a racist, a bigot, and a misogynist – no artist wants Trump to use their music, no artist wants to be in any way associated with Trump, and understandably so.
Too bad, they can play whatever music they want. It’s called freedom of speech. As long as they are not selling the music.

Bands have been threatening Republican candidates for years. Before John McCain became a democrat hero the band Heart complained because he played Barracuda. They hated Sarah Palin at least as much as Donald Trump.

You almost gotta laugh when you look back at the Camelot era. Musicians would kiss a Kennedy ass in Macy's window if the degenerate drug abusing president would acknowledge their sorry product. Glitzy actresses on the down slide of their careers would insult the 1st lady with breathless renditions of happy birthday if that's what it took to stay in the limelight. The media loved it and supported anything the Kennedy's had on their agenda no matter what. Today musicians, sober or not, ain't really musicians. They are just another product in a (mostly left wing) pop-culture corporate world. Musicians with a semi-hit record probably don't give a shit about politics but their left wing handlers do and the sleazy (media matters never sleeps) Soros network is there to monitor every song and every word uttered by (only) conservatives to make a cheap political issue. Pop culture educated TDS lefties eat it up like pablum without thinking.

Seems to me that all of these groups are bigots.

Welp, Cult45 is full of bigots and racists, so you got that in common. They would probably steal stuff from your political tribe if ya'll had any talent or creativity. But you all seem to dispense your wisdom from that one brain cell you all share, so that idea is out. :dunno:

Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenomorph!!!!
:laughing0301:
Fuck you, kuuunt. I hope you die of ass rot!!!

Like them or not (and aside from their first album I don't care for Linkin Park)-but assuming they own the rights to their music they have every right to do this.

As long as it twists you commies panties in a wad, I'm good.

All we need is the National Anthem.

It's very effective.

I have a Communist neighbor who shows up 2-3 times a week wanting help with her computer. Or getting the lid off a jar. Or figuring out how to use something she just bought for a wilderness walk. Who knew cook-pots needed formal courses in how to operate the folding handle?

Having got sick of it, I put several versions of The National Anthem in a file on the desk of my workbench computer. She comes in; I fire it up. She leaves. But if she's really in deep shit she will stay but grits her teeth to the point where her dentist is gonna get rich. I think I'll give him a copy of my tracks for his audio system......but but I believe he'll value HER money more than his sanity.

There's not much a thin-skinned leftist artist can do about Trump playing his music if Trump meets these conditions. And the artists have lawyers who know what they can and can't do.

Playing Music in Public
A common misunderstanding among business owners is that songwriters are only compensated by the purchase of their CDs, so that a business owner can freely play copyrighted music for customers. The reality of the situation is that songwriters receive most of their compensation from public performances, so that business owners may be responsible for obtaining a license from a performing rights organization before being able to play copyrighted music in public. Some courts have defined public uses of music as:

• Radio stations
  • Bars, restaurants, night clubs, and juke box operators
  • Hotels that play the radio for guests through speakers or headphones
  • Stores
  • Telephone intercom systems that play music while callers are on hold

What YOU don't understand is, all the ones listed pays bulk royalties to companies like ASCAP or BMI. These companies represent the Artists and Recording Companies. I used to play the nightclubs and bars. The Stupidity of some posting a sign that said "No ASCAP or BMI will be played on the premise". That means that the Live Bands can't play any cover tunes. We did anyway. But sooner or later that sign was taken down when they got a visit from the ASCAP and BMI.
I read the law that I posted. Trump's venue isn't on the list requirements.

Daryl and Rye Catcher know everything about everything, just ask them.

It made me a lot of money for a couple of decades before I left it. I suggest you pick your fights in something you know something about.

As long as it twists you commies panties in a wad, I'm good.

All we need is the National Anthem.

It's very effective.

I have a Communist neighbor who shows up 2-3 times a week wanting help with her computer. Or getting the lid off a jar. Or figuring out how to use something she just bought for a wilderness walk. Who knew cook-pots needed formal courses in how to operate the folding handle?

Having got sick of it, I put several versions of The National Anthem in a file on the desk of my workbench computer. She comes in; I fire it up. She leaves. But if she's really in deep shit she will stay but grits her teeth to the point where her dentist is gonna get rich. I think I'll give him a copy of my tracks for his audio system......but but I believe he'll value HER money more than his sanity.

Do you honestly believe that the National Anthem bothers me? Well, it did when I stood at attention saluting during a rainstorm of a snowstorm. You have no idea what it takes to be a real patriot and you haven't paid anything to call yourself a Patriot.

Shitty band, shitty song. Trump needs a better D.J.

Tom Petty told Fatso the same. Quit playing my stuff you POS.
Tom Petty signed off on our use of his song "Won't Back Down".....that's right, fuck face, Tom Petty heard me play bass and sing background vocals and he liked it. I guess I should have told him I wasn't a card carrying commie like those of your ilk?

(snicker)

Rump needs to stop stealing creative property. Or he needs to get permission first, pay the person for the use. But that's now the Mafia Style Don operates. Screw the laws, they don't apply.

Rump needs to stop stealing creative property. Or he needs to get permission first, pay the person for the use. But that's now the Mafia Style Don operates. Screw the laws, they don't apply.
You seem to be really butthurt that Trump's assistants picked a really shitty song you obviously like. Don't EVEN play the " high and mighty rule of law" card with me, asswipe....not with all the filthy" backdoor dealings of your beloved demcrat commie party. A pussy like you is the last person to lecture on "ethical behavior". Afterall, you are backing a pedophile because he is a leftard like yourself.

And you are full of shit.
Don't know who that band is and never heard of them so maybe they shouldn't be so choosy. I'm sure they will soon be forgotten by all while Trump will be remembered in history.

You seem to be really butthurt that Trump's assistants picked a really shitty song you obviously like. Don't EVEN play the " high and mighty rule of law" card with me, asswipe....not with all the filthy" backdoor dealings of your beloved demcrat commie party. A pussy like you is the last person to lecture on "ethical behavior". Afterall, you are backing a pedophile because he is a leftard like yourself.

Since Ii am lifetime member of ASCAP I don't support people stealing froom the other members. How much did I make from those 3 songs? Very little but some make millions. I condemn criminal behavior and stealing copyrighted and trademarks should NEVER be condoned. And I don't care whom the person doing the theft is. Rump can make this okay by paying for the use of the songs and getting the permission from the Artist instead of just doing it. You claim to be high on law and order. Obviously, it's okay for Rump to steal.

Since Ii am lifetime member of ASCAP I don't support people stealing froom the other members. How much did I make from those 3 songs? Very little but some make millions. I condemn criminal behavior and stealing copyrighted and trademarks should NEVER be condoned. And I don't care whom the person doing the theft is. Rump can make this okay by paying for the use of the songs and getting the permission from the Artist instead of just doing it. You claim to be high on law and order. Obviously, it's okay for Rump to steal.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!$!!!

Seems to me that all of these groups are bigots.

Welp, Cult45 is full of bigots and racists, so you got that in common. They would probably steal stuff from your political tribe if ya'll had any talent or creativity. But you all seem to dispense your wisdom from that one brain cell you all share, so that idea is out. :dunno:
the democrat party is full of racists and bigots
The democrat party is full of rioters and people that steal stuff
So tell me what in the fuck is your problem since you appear to be supportive of the party of racist thieves and bigots?

Forum List

Back