Another Looney State Official

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Washington’s attorney general issuing Motel 6, saying the budget hotel disclosed the personal information of thousands of guests to federal immigration authorities in violation of state law.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson said Wednesday Motel 6’s “actions are disturbing and they are unlawful.” He said the motel divulged to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) the names, dates of birth, license-plate numbers and room numbers of more than 9,000 guests at six sites throughout the state.

Hmm ...

I wonder if consumer protection law would apply in a similar case involving a drug cartel or terrorist cell.

Should states laws be permitted to preclude citizens from aiding the federal government in the enforcement of federal law where the federal law has precedence?

Hmm ... seems doubtful.

Washington state AG sues Motel 6 over giving ICE info on 9,000 guests

Good for Motel 6. When you leave the light on, you're bound to catch some bugs.

Washington’s attorney general issuing Motel 6, saying the budget hotel disclosed the personal information of thousands of guests to federal immigration authorities in violation of state law.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson said Wednesday Motel 6’s “actions are disturbing and they are unlawful.” He said the motel divulged to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) the names, dates of birth, license-plate numbers and room numbers of more than 9,000 guests at six sites throughout the state.

Hmm ...

I wonder if consumer protection law would apply in a similar case involving a drug cartel or terrorist cell.

Should states laws be permitted to preclude citizens from aiding the federal government in the enforcement of federal law where the federal law has precedence?

Hmm ... seems doubtful.

Washington state AG sues Motel 6 over giving ICE info on 9,000 guests
Why anyone would have a business in the Left Coast or NY I will never know.

Forum List

Back