Another lie from conservatives. Most undocumented do show up for court

MordechaiGoodbud

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2017
I've heard Trump, Lindsay Graham, and the local radio talk show host make the claim that 90% of undocumented immigrants don't show up for their court date.

This is so off it is ridiculous.

60%-75% of undocumented immigrants do show up for their court date. Moreover, there was a program between 2015-2017 that assigned social workers to undocumented immigrants who helped them find legal representation. These people showed up 90% of the time. But Trump stupidly scrapped that program.

Majority of undocumented immigrants show up for court

I've heard Trump, Lindsay Graham, and the local radio talk show host make the claim that 90% of undocumented immigrants don't show up for their court date.

60%-75% of undocumented immigrants do show up for their court date. Moreover, there was a program between 2015-2017 that assigned social workers to undocumented immigrants who helped them find legal representation. These people showed up 90% of the time. But Trump stupidly scrapped that program.

We ARE still throwing them the hell out!

CNN came to this conclusion by subtracting the number of absentee judgments from total judgments and it still comes to around 60% fail to appear. If you allow for a margin for error and the liklyhood that the "total" number of judgments include so-called "absentee judgments" you get the factor of less than half illegals show up for the hearings.

If this is the case, then why are they still here?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

DHS Report: 84% of Illegal Alien Adults Not In Court For Final Case Hearing

Really?
A government program that is 90% effective?
Someone should export their methodology to the VA, IRS and every other government organization that can't get it right even 10% of the time!

What load of horseshit.

Report: 90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances; 135,000 will go missing

Report: 90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances; 135,000 will go missing

Yup. that sounds more like it.

The Op should give it a read.

CNN came to this conclusion by subtracting the number of absentee judgments from total judgments and it still comes to around 60% fail to appear. If you allow for a margin for error and the liklyhood that the "total" number of judgments include so-called "absentee judgments" you get the factor of less than half illegals show up for the hearings.

Learn how to read, you idiot.

60%-75% do show up for their hearing.

The Washington Examiner?

Yeah, a real reliable source there.

The source of information in that 2014 Washington Examiner article was a conservative Republican congressmen who was obviously lying.

The source of information in that 2014 Washington Examiner article was a conservative Republican congressmen who was obviously lying.
I will believe a repot by the DHS before I believe anyone. Not because they would intentionally lie but human memory tends to be fallible.

Forum List

Back