Another Liberal myth: Oil compainies get subsidies/tax breaks

All big companies get 'tax breaks' to seed commerce...jobs. Obama using the word 'subsidy' is an outright lie. Companies are qallowed to keep more of thier money. It's that simple.

Can't help it if Obama is butthurt with the Oil companies because of his trying to force expensive alternatives has backfired and cost the taxpayers billions.

Its the only way he got elected to start with, and now he is going for the DBL dip
Its sad that the president has these people who believe in him and they just cannot see what he really is

All big companies get 'tax breaks' to seed commerce...jobs. Obama using the word 'subsidy' is an outright lie. Companies are qallowed to keep more of thier money. It's that simple.

Can't help it if Obama is butthurt with the Oil companies because of his trying to force expensive alternatives has backfired and cost the taxpayers billions.

Welfare and unemployment seeds commerce and jobs too, but when someone gets a job, you cut them off of those, right? Why give these "commerce seeds" to companies making record profits?

So why did the Senate fail to pass a bill to end them if they don't exist?

We're talking about ending the same "tax breaks" all corporations are entitled to: accelerated depreciation for capital investments. The difference between oil and all other corporations which get accelerated depreciation, is that the capital investment oil companies happen to be for exploration.

If they don't explore (or if by taking away accelerated depreciation their immediate costs are higher and exploration is slowed down) then there will be less supply and prices will have to go up even higher for oil and all its products.

If congress takes away that acceration, and don't just single out oil companies, they'll have to take it away from ALL CORPORATIONS, including those that only manufacture, which will drive more of them to move overseas, or in the shorter term not create new jobs.

To do that would be ridiculous, because it's all for just a measly $4 billion a year (peanuts really,, (they have to call it $40-billion in ten years to make it sound significant) that no doubt stays in the economy anyway - that is ridiculous in shortsightedness. But the president wants to retard oil production while looking like he's making fair, and transfer that "tax break" to his favorites, solar, wind, and algae.

And as to the title of the OP, NO special tax breaks do not exist as a special break to oil companies, and enough senators from the D party know the real effects of that proposal to not vote for it. The R's couldn't have stymied it alone, no way.

Last edited:

Welfare and unemployment seeds commerce and jobs too, but when someone gets a job, you cut them off of those, right? Why give these "commerce seeds" to companies making record profits?

But at who's expense? The private sector...TAXPAYERS.

Was it gubmint's job EVER as written in the Constitution to become nannies to those that have failed at exercising thier liberty?

still on ignore NY

Good, then I don't have read your idiot attempts to argue with me while I demolish your inane bullshit.

(some quote this so he can see it lolol)

Certainly!

I'm going to quote the other one he responded to as well. Why respond to someone that you aren't responding to? :confused: Oh well...here's the first post:

Oil company executives acknowledged the existence of subsidies in testimony on Capitol Hill.

The OP is an idiot; he is denying common knowledge and inarguable fact, which is the worst form of idiocy.

you have link that shows that Exxon admits on capitol hill that is getting monies from the US govt to finance there operation?
Thats a subsidy

give money to: to contribute money to somebody or something, especially to give a government grant to a private company, organization, or charity to help it to continue to function
define subsidize - Bing DICTIONARY

Good, then I don't have read your idiot attempts to argue with me while I demolish your inane bullshit.

(some quote this so he can see it lolol)

Certainly!

I'm going to quote the other one he responded to as well. Why respond to someone that you aren't responding to? :confused: Oh well...here's the first post:

Oil company executives acknowledged the existence of subsidies in testimony on Capitol Hill.

The OP is an idiot; he is denying common knowledge and inarguable fact, which is the worst form of idiocy.

you have link that shows that Exxon admits on capitol hill that is getting monies from the US govt to finance there operation?
Thats a subsidy

give money to: to contribute money to somebody or something, especially to give a government grant to a private company, organization, or charity to help it to continue to function

They absolutely not getting money. That's DC-speak for keeping some of the money they earned to advance their own business interests, and the nation's too.

Certainly!

Thats a subsidy

They absolutely not getting money. That's DC-speak for keeping some of the money they earned to advance their own business interests, and the nation's too.

Nail? Meet hammer.
icon14.gif

That's why it failed: they don't exist. That's pure leftwing demagoguery.

All businesses are allowed to deduct their legitimate expenses from their gross income. The lying leftwing turds are just calling these deductions "subsidies" in the case of oil companies.

My god man
Where do you think Exxon gets there wealth to pay there taxes?
You think they have some special tree they can pluck money from to pay there taxes?
And as far as these record profits go

Is that like saying there making 50% profit, or are they making the same 8% with higher revenue?
let me help you
Exxon Mobil Corporation Profit Margin (XOM)

Let me add why are you not upset at the 100% profit BHO makes on every gallon of gas?
you pay for it, what did you get in return for that 18 cents on every gallon you buy?

Certainly!

Thats a subsidy

you raise taxes on Exxon, your rasing taxes on you
its that simple
Exxon pays 0 in taxes, all of there wealth comes from the consumer (that would be us)

That's why it failed: they don't exist. That's pure leftwing demagoguery.

All businesses are allowed to deduct their legitimate expenses from their gross income. The lying leftwing turds are just calling these deductions "subsidies" in the case of oil companies.

Its that simple, let me add
raising taxes on Exxon, raises what seawytch pays for a gallon of gas, and he will nevr blame BHO for it

My god man
You think they have some special tree they can pluck money from to pay there taxes?

Is that like saying there making 50% profit, or are they making the same 8% with higher revenue?
let me help you

Let me add why are you not upset at the 100% profit BHO makes on every gallon of gas?
you pay for it, what did you get in return for that 18 cents on every gallon you buy?

Exactly. You notice that Statists on these boards fail to mention the excessive taxes the government makes on a gallon is far more than what the oil companies themselves take in.

I wonder why?

As you can tell the right wing will stop at nothing to tell a lie. It has been common knowledge for generations that oil companies receive subsidies. Yet we have another winner here with a big lie.

My god man

let me help you

Exactly. You notice that Statists on these boards fail to mention the excessive taxes the government makes on a gallon is far more than what the oil companies themselves take in.

I wonder why?

Explain why they need a subsidy?

What signal does it send to the oil markets and speculators that American oil companies, and American oil companies alone are going to be discouraged from exploring, because that's the effect of increasing the cost of exploration by taxing it earlier.

And aside from the individual oil companies, what does it say about a common sense energy policy and it's future?

And what does it state about where future oil will have to come from and the risk of those sources to closing off the lanes of transportation?

And what does it say to our national trade deficit and the value of the US dollar if more oil has to come from foreign markets rather than American producers?

Oil companies selling refined gasoline to foreign markets helps our annual trade deficit, making the dollar stronger.

Last edited:
What signal does it send to the oil markets and speculators that American oil companies, and American oil companies alone are going to be discouraged from exploring, because that's the effect of increasing the cost of exploration by taxing it earlier.

And aside from the individual oil companies, what does it say about a common sense energy policy and it's future?

And what does it state about where future oil will have to come from and the risk of those sources to closing off the lanes of transportation?

And what does it say to our national trade deficit and the value of the US dollar?

(Even oil companies selling refined gasoline to foreign markets helps our annual trade deficit.)

What sense does it make to kill the engine of this economy when what fuels it is abundant...available?

Gawd. Liberals talking economics is like watching retards box.

Oil companies create incremential PRODUCTION. Welfare payments only CONSUME that which is already produced by someone else.

As you can tell the right wing will stop at nothing to tell a lie. It has been common knowledge for generations that oil companies receive subsidies. Yet we have another winner here with a big lie.

I have provided links that clearly show the federal govt is not BY DEFINITION giving oil companies any money to produce there product
its a tax, its not a subsidy
a tax break is debatable, but how can you claim your giving some-one a break when your taking there wealth

BTW, calling me a liar only gets you on the ignore list
you dis agree with me, prove it by showing all of us the time and place the US govt gave an oil company tax payers welath tp go make money
if you cannot do that, i await you apology

Gawd. Liberals talking economics is like watching retards box.

Oil companies create incremential PRODUCTION. Welfare payments only CONSUME that which is already produced by someone else.

She knows it.

Forum List

Back