Another Liberal myth: Oil compainies get subsidies/tax breaks

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
People
Its there money to start with (via us, the consumer). no-one is "giving" them any-thing from the US govt

People pay taxes, not corporations. raise taxes on Exxon, there going to raise the cost of there product

ANd yet there the president is claiming that Exxon is getting a subsidy

So why did the Senate fail to pass a bill to end them if they don't exist?

so if obama is un true about this, then of course the senate will be different
Its no different than your income tax (in general)
You have to make the wealth prior to having it taken away. Also raising the tax rate Exxon pays that will only raise the amount we pay for there product

Oil company executives acknowledged the existence of subsidies in testimony on Capitol Hill.

The OP is an idiot; he is denying common knowledge and inarguable fact, which is the worst form of idiocy.

Here's the bill...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s2204/text

It would have ended tax breaks for the top five "Big Oil" companies. You know...the ones that are currently raking in HUGE profits.

You would want to kick someone off Welfare that got a job, right? Why would you support giving big oil companies tax breaks (that only effect THEM) when they are making money?

Last edited:
Here's the bill...

It would have ended tax breaks for the top five "Big Oil" companies. You know...the ones that are currently raking in HUGE profits.

You would want to kick someone off Welfare that got a job, right? Why would you support giving big oil companies tax breaks (that only effect THEM) when they are making money?

You forgot the link
Matters not

Think with me
If Exxon makes 10.00 profit and pays 1.00 tax on that, how is that a subsidy?
IT IS THERE MONEY TO START WITH

The federal govt is not subsidizing Exxon, there taxing them the same way any business that makes profit gets taxed

exxon used there capital to start exxon
same with drilling
same with production, refinment, sales
same, same, same

at the end they made a profit, at no time during this event did the federal govt "give" them any-thing

At the end of this event, Exxon paid taxes on that profit
US govt did nothing but collect wealth the same way they collect it from us
you goto work
you earn
you apy taxes on those earnings

Oh yea, record profits mean record taxes
Exxon Earns Huge Profits, But Also Pays Huge Taxes | TheBlaze.com

All big companies get 'tax breaks' to seed commerce...jobs. Obama using the word 'subsidy' is an outright lie. Companies are qallowed to keep more of thier money. It's that simple.

Can't help it if Obama is butthurt with the Oil companies because of his trying to force expensive alternatives has backfired and cost the taxpayers billions.

So you come in with the pathetic spelling whine.

It doesnt take much to reduce you to spelling bitch does it.

He asked. I didn't start it.

But you couldnt pass up the opportunity to play little bitch. :lol:

That was my point.

It's interesting that you didn't jump on the first poster who commented on the OP's mangling of the language, but then again I doubt that poster has made a monkey of you often enough to earn a vendetta status. :lol::lol:

what does that have to do with the thread?

Your first step in earning some respect around here would be for you to show some respect for the English language.

So you come in with the pathetic spelling whine.

It doesnt take much to reduce you to spelling bitch does it.

I wish those Libs would just ignore this stuff
If they do not (don't) want to be part of the discussion, they bring nothing but whine

still on ignore NY

Good, then I don't have read your idiot attempts to argue with me while I demolish your inane bullshit.

(some quote this so he can see it lolol)

Certainly!

I'm going to quote the other one he responded to as well. Why respond to someone that you aren't responding to? :confused: Oh well...here's the first post:

Oil company executives acknowledged the existence of subsidies in testimony on Capitol Hill.

The OP is an idiot; he is denying common knowledge and inarguable fact, which is the worst form of idiocy.

Forum List

Back