Another Liberal myth: Oil compainies get subsidies/tax breaks

Oil company executives acknowledged the existence of subsidies in testimony on Capitol Hill.

The OP is an idiot; he is denying common knowledge and inarguable fact, which is the worst form of idiocy.

As you can tell the right wing will stop at nothing to tell a lie. It has been common knowledge for generations that oil companies receive subsidies. Yet we have another winner here with a big lie.

I have provided links that clearly show the federal govt is not BY DEFINITION giving oil companies any money to produce there product
its a tax, its not a subsidy
a tax break is debatable, but how can you claim your giving some-one a break when your taking there wealth

BTW, calling me a liar only gets you on the ignore list
you dis agree with me, prove it by showing all of us the time and place the US govt gave an oil company tax payers welath tp go make money
if you cannot do that, i await you apology

Let's see. They provide testimony before congress they get subsidies and you have a information from an article. Ummm.

Libs get a grip
if you subsidize a housing project its not the same as collecting taxes from a oil company

8% profit is SOP for Exxon. If Exxon raises its revenue, then there going to make record profits

One more thing, if you libs get your wish, whose going to pay for it?
where are they going to get that wealth to pay that higher tax rate

Welfare and unemployment seeds commerce and jobs too, but when someone gets a job, you cut them off of those, right? Why give these "commerce seeds" to companies making record profits?

Gawd. Liberals talking economics is like watching retards box.

Oil companies create incremential PRODUCTION. Welfare payments only CONSUME that which is already produced by someone else.

She knows it.

How wonderfully put . Not

The loss of 4-billion $ annually will not really hurt the large oil companies; but it will harm the smaller oil companies for whom exploration deductions on their taxes are major because the largest part of their costs of doing business is for exploration, not marketing in gas stations across the country.

The large oil companies make much more money from products other than gasoline for their earnings. Gasoline in the US, if not for those other profit spinoffs, would, on average, be a loser.

The bill proposed by the president would be a killer for the smaller oil companies, and a net job loser too.

Why does this president not care about how many jobs he destroys in the name of fairness?

Last edited:
As you can tell the right wing will stop at nothing to tell a lie. It has been common knowledge for generations that oil companies receive subsidies. Yet we have another winner here with a big lie.

I have provided links that clearly show the federal govt is not BY DEFINITION giving oil companies any money to produce there product
a tax break is debatable, but how can you claim your giving some-one a break when your taking there wealth

you dis agree with me, prove it by showing all of us the time and place the US govt gave an oil company tax payers welath tp go make money

Let's see. They provide testimony before congress they get subsidies and you have a information from an article. Ummm.

Thats because thats what the Dems call it
again, provide one link in which the federal govt is giving money to exxon to producr there product
PRE TAX

The loss of 4-billion $ annually will not really hurt the large oil companies; but it will harm the smaller oil companies for whom exploration deductions on their taxes are major because the largest part of their costs of doing business is for exploration, not marketing in gas stations across the country.

The large oil companies make much more money from products other than gasoline for their earnings. Gasoline in the US, if not for those other profit spinoffs, would, on average, be a loser.

The bill proposed by the president would be a killer for the smaller oil companies, and a net job loser too.

Why does this president not care about how many jobs he destroys in the name of fairness?

His agenda to bring us down compels him.

Great point
also they will pass that cost on, or just give up and then Exxon will pass that cost on

My god man
Where do you think Exxon gets there wealth to pay there taxes?
You think they have some special tree they can pluck money from to pay there taxes?
And as far as these record profits go

Is that like saying there making 50% profit, or are they making the same 8% with higher revenue?
let me help you
Exxon Mobil Corporation Profit Margin (XOM)

Let me add why are you not upset at the 100% profit BHO makes on every gallon of gas?
you pay for it, what did you get in return for that 18 cents on every gallon you buy?

Exactly. You notice that Statists on these boards fail to mention the excessive taxes the government makes on a gallon is far more than what the oil companies themselves take in.

I wonder why?

Explain why they need a subsidy?

they dont
they have enough capital to get the product to the market
The TAX rate only helps us, the consumer

you raise there rate from 35-50%
there just going to raise he cost they sell there product to us to cover that cost

ITS AN EXPENSE, ITS THE EXACT OPPISITE OF A SUBSIDY

How wonderfully put . Not

Do YOU have a point to make? Let me know when you do?

He did
classic liberal response
called me a liar because we dis agree
Boilermaker thinks having wealth taken away from you is a subsidy
I think its having welath taken away from you
same with income tax

Operative word. The government isn't giving the companies a damn thing.

Obama paints a picture that they are given boatloads of money from the taxpayer.

It's a blatent LIE by Obama for the dumbmasses that have bought into his Class Warfare/Wealth envy rhetoric to consume.

Nothing pleases me more than watching uneducated, brainwashed conservatives claiming oil companies either (A) don't get subsidies or (B) need subsidies because without them the price of gas will go up.

Do YOU have a point to make? Let me know when you do?

He did
classic liberal response
same with income tax

Obama paints a picture that they are given boatloads of money from the taxpayer.

It's a blatent LIE by Obama for the dumbmasses that have bought into his Class Warfare/Wealth envy rhetoric to consume.
The government gives them tax breaks and subsidizes their production.

You are a blatant liar. Or stupid. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Nothing pleases me more than watching uneducated, brainwashed conservatives claiming oil companies either (A) don't get subsidies or (B) need subsidies because without them the price of gas will go up.

speaking of being brain washed
to subsidize by definition is to give
so your claiming that the tax payer thru the US govt is giving wealth to Exxon so they can in turn go and produce there product?
and
That the cost of that product has nothing to do with the amount of tax they pay on it?
ok
The Tax Foundation - Local, State and Federal Gas Taxes Consume 45.9 Cents Per Gallon on Average
take that away from a gallon of fuel and tell me what you pay for it then
can you do that?

He did
classic liberal response
same with income tax

Neither. Obama and YOU are liars sport.

He did
classic liberal response
same with income tax

speaking of calling people names for no more reason than they dis agree
any time you take welath from me, or Exxon, for nothing in return
that is not a break
now go away, shut up or stop being a damn ass-hole

that is not a break
The government is taking away money from taxpayers and giving it to oil companies.

that is not a break
The government is taking away money from taxpayers and giving it to oil companies.

The Tax Foundation - Local, State and Federal Gas Taxes Consume 45.9 Cents Per Gallon on Average
Exxon Earns Huge Profits, But Also Pays Huge Taxes | TheBlaze.com
looks like to me the govt is taking money from both of us
after the fact of the event, not before

Thats because thats what the Dems call it
again, provide one link in which the federal govt is giving money to exxon to producr there product
PRE TAX

Your thread title says that it's a myth that the oil companies get TAX BREAKS.

Do you need someone to define a TAX BREAK for you?

Forum List

Back