Another former republican, with nothing left to lose, speaks the truth

The VOR

Gold Member
May 8, 2011
Opinion | Joe Walsh: Trump Needs a Primary Challenge

It's a shame none of the republican cowards currently holding office have the balls to speak the truth.

Joe Walsh, a former Illinois tea party republican congressman, is spot on in this piece.

"Republicans should view Mr. Trump as the liability that he is: No matter his flag-hugging, or his military parades, he’s no patriot. In front of the world, he sides with Vladimir Putin over our own intelligence community. That’s dangerous. He encouraged Russian interference in the 2016 election, and he refuses to take foreign threats seriously as we enter the 2020 election. That’s reckless.

For three years, he has been at war with our federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as he embraces tyrants abroad and embarrasses our allies. That’s un-American.

And despite what his enablers claim, Mr. Trump isn’t a conservative. He’s reckless on fiscal issues; he’s incompetent on the border; he’s clueless on trade; he misunderstands executive power; and he subverts the rule of law. It’s his poor record that makes him most worthy of a primary challenge.

Mr. Trump has taken the legitimate differences that Americans have on policy and turned them into personal division. He’s caused me to change my tone and to reflect upon where I went over the line and to focus on policy differences moving forward.

We now have a president who retweets conspiracy theories implicating his political opponents in Jeffrey Epstein’s death. We now have a president who does his level best to avoid condemning white supremacy and white nationalism...............................................................

It's a shame none of the republican cowards currently holding office have the balls to speak the truth.

Joe Walsh, a former Illinois tea party republican congressman, is spot on in this piece.

"Republicans should view Mr. Trump as the liability that he is: No matter his flag-hugging, or his military parades, he’s no patriot. In front of the world, he sides with Vladimir Putin over our own intelligence community. That’s dangerous. He encouraged Russian interference in the 2016 election, and he refuses to take foreign threats seriously as we enter the 2020 election. That’s reckless.

For three years, he has been at war with our federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as he embraces tyrants abroad and embarrasses our allies. That’s un-American.

And despite what his enablers claim, Mr. Trump isn’t a conservative. He’s reckless on fiscal issues; he’s incompetent on the border; he’s clueless on trade; he misunderstands executive power; and he subverts the rule of law. It’s his poor record that makes him most worthy of a primary challenge.

Mr. Trump has taken the legitimate differences that Americans have on policy and turned them into personal division. He’s caused me to change my tone and to reflect upon where I went over the line and to focus on policy differences moving forward.

We now have a president who retweets conspiracy theories implicating his political opponents in Jeffrey Epstein’s death. We now have a president who does his level best to avoid condemning white supremacy and white nationalism...............................................................

Every former this and former that always has the perfect solution to everything on earth. I wonder why they didn't fix it before they became former. Piss Be Upon Them.

So he DID CONSPIRE WITH PUTIN TO RIG THE 2016 ELECTION AND STEAL IT FROM HILLARY CLINTON?

I thought that was a lie.

Nobody really joined the Tea party because it wasn't that kind of organization. Any politician could claim he was a Tea Party member if he thought it would get him votes. The fact that Walsh is a "former" congressman indicates that republicans really didn't trust the RINO. Drain the freaking swamp.

The way the Trumpbots go after republican unbelievers is highly entertaining. Watching them rip into this one is especially sweet.

It’s America.

He is entitled to his opinion.

I disagree.

Nothing Trump has done has made me wish Hillary was POTUS.

We would have massive FBI corruption still unexposed.

Nobody really joined the Tea party because it wasn't that kind of organization. Any politician could claim he was a Tea Party member if he thought it would get him votes. The fact that Walsh is a "former" congressman indicates that republicans really didn't trust the RINO. Drain the freaking swamp.
The problem is current Republicans who have something to lose lacking the courage to speak the truth.

Why doesn't Mr. Walsh raise millions of dollars, and finds thousands of volunteers to make a primary challenge?

Its a free world.

But the problem is that no one believes a primary challenge will be successful in nominating a candidate that can vanquish the Democrats in November 2020.

The problem is current Republicans who have something to lose lacking the courage to speak the truth.

There are plenty of "never trump" Republicans. Why doesn't the Bush Family put up JEB! again? Or one of their other members? How about Romney- Mitt really hates Donald Trump. How about Colon Powell?

The problem with all those guys is that they are losers who don't have a play to destroy the Democrats in November 2020

Or maybe they just think you people are shitheads.

How many "Never-Trumpers" are left from the 2016 establishment crowd?
Lets see, there's Amash, Sasse, Walsh, Weld, maybe the Bush family, Krystol, and the crazies on MSNBC.
They could vote for Bernie or Biden or Kamala. Who cares?
Maybe they'll change their minds after Barr exposes the deep state coup plots?

Great, another idiot former republican who thinks what we need is a 'professional' politician. Because 'professional' politicians have done such a bang up job over the past few decades. $22 trillion in debt. China, Mexico, Canada steal our jobs, screw us on trade, millions of illegals pour across our border. Shit tons of government regulations written by stupid shit government workers killing jobs and growth. Brilliant idea, lets hire 'professional' politicians. /sarcasm

he's a liability because our gov is totally dysfunctional. they're all in a mad power grab that even when they get it, they can't do shit cause now they gotta defend it. given one side won't work with the other - how are we as a country succeeding, growing, resolving issues and the like under these conditions.

there are times you just don't like the president. this is certainly one of them. so was obama. and hey - i can't name a single president that wasn't given shit by the people. but as a country i don't think we've ever been this divided before. and over what?

we're tearing ourselves up and our "enemies" don't have to fire a single shot. that's how bad we've gotten.

he's a liability because our gov is totally dysfunctional. they're all in a mad power grab that even when they get it, they can't do shit cause now they gotta defend it. given one side won't work with the other - how are we as a country succeeding, growing, resolving issues and the like under these conditions.

there are times you just don't like the president. this is certainly one of them. so was obama. and hey - i can't name a single president that wasn't given shit by the people. but as a country i don't think we've ever been this divided before. and over what?

we're tearing ourselves up and our "enemies" don't have to fire a single shot. that's how bad we've gotten.
We should have a film clip of Putin dancing

and this is a lot of the reason for the fucked up bullshit.

russia has been at the very least, disproven. yet you won't let it go and keep trying to sell what we now know is NOT true. if it were true you'd not be going after obstruction cause collusion fell through.

when your hate won't let you be honest about things, you really need a time out and to go think about shit.

If you were Uncle Pooty, or Red Chinese Kingpin Xi, or German Fuhrerette Merkel, who would you rather deal with?

Donald J. Trump, the man who wrote the book on negotiations, "The Art of the Deal", which has been compared to the Holy Bible.

Or Mayor Pete or the phony Mexican Beto?

Forum List

Back