Another former Republican Governor endorses Obama

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
GOP's Arne Carlson endorses Obama

Former Republican Gov. Arne Carlson endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama today, saying Obama represented the best hope for an America facing an economic crisis and criticizing Republicans for waging a mean-spirited campaign that has "been going down all these side roads."

Introduced to a standing ovation at the State Capitol by U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a Minnesota Democrat, Carlson said his party had strayed from the moderate philosophies of past Republican leaders such as Ohio Sen. Robert Taft and President Dwight Eisenhower. "I consider myself a Republican maverick," Carlson said in explaining his endorsement of Obama.

That's going to be the new slogan:

Endorsing Obama: It's the Maverick thing to do. :badgrin:

That says it all. RINO

RINO? I don't think I'd agree, but it seems to me that Republicans used to be pretty rational. The party wasn't always hijacked by wingnuts. And the extreme right of the party is repellent to moderates.

And, certainly, the party can choose to continue on that road. But, personally, I don't think it's going to be a successful road in the long run, regardless of the outcome of this election.

Forum List

Back