another example of why people get nervous/scared around ultra religious

do aethists get into groups and have their spiritual leader explain to them the importance of beating kids who don't understand school material or don't listen to them like sheep?

nice hyperbole btw

No, Atheists get into groups and challenge the right of others to worship as they please.

Could you give an example of such a challenge, please.

You have got to be kidding.

do aethists get into groups and have their spiritual leader explain to them the importance of beating kids who don't understand school material or don't listen to them like sheep?

nice hyperbole btw

No, Atheists get into groups and challenge the right of others to worship as they please.

FOXNews.com - Atheist Group Challenges Alabama Governor's Bible Study - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Are you saying there are no atheists who have beaten or killed their children in the past?

You may have hit on something here... Perhaps we should round up all the religious folks here in the US of A and shoot them point blank, thus ridding the world of all child murderers so that atheists are free to bring up their children in a healthy beating-free society...

That'll show 'em....

nice hyperbole btw

only when they worship in public spaces, push their faith into public schools, put their propaganda on public buildings, etc

Are you saying there are no atheists who have beaten or killed their children in the past?

You may have hit on something here... Perhaps we should round up all the religious folks here in the US of A and shoot them point blank, thus ridding the world of all child murderers so that atheists are free to bring up their children in a healthy beating-free society...

That'll show 'em....

nice hyperbole btw

Why would atheists have a spiritual leader?

What's your point of this thread, junior?

are you joking??? you don't need a god to be spirtual.... :confused:

Actually, blu is right. Want a prime example of spirituality without a single deity? Check out Hindu and Native American belief systems. Yes, they have 1 central deity who is the CEO, but they both recognize many others as well.

Christians are the only ones that break it down to the trinity of God, Yeshua, and Holy Spirit. My question for the Christians is, where is your reverence for God's Bride, i.e. Mother Earth?

FOXNews.com - Atheist Group Challenges Alabama Governor's Bible Study - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

this is a good counter example if true, but fox has a long history of sensationalizing one side of the story, especially in topics like this.

Unfortunately, the ratio of nutbars to normals in religious groups are significantly higher than those of philosophical or atheistic bent.

Complete and utter bullshit...

Nuticism is anti-descriminatory...

If you have stats to back your claims up I'd love to read it...

I haven't seen atheists protesting funerals of soldiers because God hates gays.

I've seen religious groups do this though. Ever heard of Westboro Baptist church?

I've seen religious leaders do this as well. Falwell stated that the reason for some natural disasters was because God doesn't like gays, and this country was a bunch of sodomites.

Try again Hovel.

Unfortunately, the ratio of nutbars to normals in religious groups are significantly higher than those of philosophical or atheistic bent.

I've seen religious groups do this though. Ever heard of Westboro Baptist church?

I've seen religious leaders do this as well. Falwell stated that the reason for some natural disasters was because God doesn't like gays, and this country was a bunch of sodomites.

Try again Hovel.

and don't forget all their other reasons for why 9/11 and katrina happened

Try again Hovel.

If this were the norm rather than the anti-norm you'd have a point...

It isn't, so you dont...

The VAST MAJORITY of religious folks in America (76% at last census believed in a God) are not religious nuts... The VAST MAJORITY want to be left alone to worship God in peace... Some atheist groups aren't happy with that...

(And who's Hovel?)

Last edited:

Try again Hovel.

It isn't, so you dont...

The VAST MAJORITY of religious folks in America (76% at last census believed in a God) are not religious nuts... The VAST MAJORITY want to be left alone to worship God in peace... Some atheist groups aren't happy with that...

(And who's Hovel?)

So Westboro and Pat Robertson do not have a large following?
And the other chruches stomped all over Pat and westboro?

What has Pat Robertson done that's so bad? I hear anti-Christian spastics invoking him all the time, but I've never heard them cite the specifics on why they hate him.

Try again Hovel.

It isn't, so you dont...

(And who's Hovel?)

You do know that the Westboro church is a family of lawyers who do their best to antagonize in order to get attacked so they can then file lawsuits, right? Large following? What do you call 'large'? :lol:

Try again Hovel.

It isn't, so you dont...

(And who's Hovel?)

Are not religious nuts? Have you ever been to the south? How about the Tx Panhandle, which happens to be the buckle of the Bible belt?

Come around here sometime......you'll see LOTS of 'em.

Who's Hovel? You.

hov·el
   /ˈhʌvəl, ˈhɒv-/ Show Spelled [huhv-uhl, hov-] Show IPA noun, verb,-eled, -el·ing or (especially British) -elled, -el·ling.
–noun
1. a small, very humble dwelling house; a wretched hut.
2. any dirty, disorganized dwelling.
3. an open shed, as for sheltering cattle or tools.

(from dictionary.com)

What has Pat Robertson done that's so bad? I hear anti-Christian spastics invoking him all the time, but I've never heard them cite the specifics on why they hate him.

Pat blamed 911 and katrina on sinful lifestyles of the people thare. And the Hatian quake on the Hatians godlessness.

And that is just a sample.

And the dynasty continues, isn't it handy that god chose little pat to take over for pops?

Last edited:

Try again Hovel.

It isn't, so you dont...

(And who's Hovel?)

When they all start killing their kids you'll have an argument....

The problem is that some lefties classify any religious believer as a nutcase... so that's why your numbers are fucked up...

Are not religious nuts? Have you ever been to the south? How about the Tx Panhandle, which happens to be the buckle of the Bible belt?

Come around here sometime......you'll see LOTS of 'em.
Are they all killing their kids? Then they're just deeply religious people, the vast majority of whom aren't killing their kids because God told them to...

Who's Hovel? You.

hov·el
   /ˈhʌvəl, ˈhɒv-/ Show Spelled [huhv-uhl, hov-] Show IPA noun, verb,-eled, -el·ing or (especially British) -elled, -el·ling.
–noun
1. a small, very humble dwelling house; a wretched hut.
2. any dirty, disorganized dwelling.
3. an open shed, as for sheltering cattle or tools.

(from dictionary.com)

Ah... An unprovoked insut... How "You" of you... I'm sure someone is impressed...

Pat blamed 911 and katrina on sinful lifestyles of the people thare. And the Hatian quake on the Hatians godlessness.

And that is just a sample.

And the dynasty continues, isn't it handy that god chose little pat to take over for pops?

Fail.
You guys were whining about Robertson before that.

"Dr. Robertson never stated that the earthquake was God’s wrath. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear. He called for prayer for them."
Gordon Robertson Elected CEO of the Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc. - Press Release - PatRobertson.com

Forum List

Back