Another Dem Debate - More Comic Relief

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Jul 24, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Did anyone actually watch the Dem debate last night?

I found it comical and devood of reality. It was more of the usual, higher taxes, appeasement and surrender to terrorists, bigger government, ect

Democrats highlight differences in debate
    By Christina Bellantoni
    July 24, 2007
    CHARLESTON, S.C. — The Democratic presidential candidates used a new debate style last night to illustrate clear distinctions among them on foreign policy, health care and their ability to relate to the common man.

The questions posed at the forum were asked by regular people via YouTube.com and struck a different-than-usual tone immediately when the eight White House hopefuls were criticized for talking about their unity in previous meetings.

In multiple cases, the candidates tried to showcase their differences. Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois said he would have talks with foreign leaders in Iran and Syria within one year of taking office, while Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York immediately said she would not meet leaders such as Fidel Castro of Cuba and Kim Jong-il of North Korea.

Mr. Obama got the question first, saying: "The notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them — which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration — is ridiculous."

But Mrs. Clinton, a former first lady, responded that although she has represented the U.S. in more than 80 countries, "I don't want to be used for propaganda purposes."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson's answer about using diplomacy in response to a question from three aid workers standing in front of a refugee camp in Sudan's Darfur region provoked a spirited response from Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware.

"I'm so tired of this," he said, adding the United States must send troops "now."

"Those kids will be dead by the time the diplomacy is over," he said. "Twenty-five hundred American troops — if we do not get the 21,000 U.N. troops in there — can stop the genocide now."

for the complete article

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070724/NATION/107240072/1001

2. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I thought Joe Biden did a terrific job, I liked Edwards as well. Obama said he would make decisions based on his faith, which I dont like. Hillary kept thanking every youtuber, seemed rehearsed to me. Dodd was a little out of line, kucinich was great but kept trying to promote his texting agenda. Richards I did not like because he was unclear on all of his plans.

3. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The debate showed the Dem party has been taken over by the kook left

4. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105

Did you see the last question, where they had to be 5 year olds and say something nice to the person next to them. What a waste of a question.

5. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The questions were submitted by the Daily Kos crowd

What else could you expect?

6. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I was disturbed by several things. 1st, I really don't like the (in my opinion) unhealthy comingling of entertainment and politics that we seem to be running into. The "Obama-girl," "Hillary's girlfriend" videos, and the like seem to me to be turning who our next President will be into a reality tv show. (Next year on FOX, watch AMERICAN PRESIDENT! And then call in and vote...each week, a new candidate will be eliminated based upon their ability to sing and dance while bullshitting the American people about whats really happening in the world and what they intend to do about it once elected!).

We are living in an age where a candidate can be elected because he plays the saxophone on a late night tv show and can lose all hope of electability because he screamed too strangely on national tv....at this rate, why don't we all just admit where we seem to want to go and just elect Morgan Freeman as President. He looks the part and can deliver lines a hell of a lot better than Bush can.

2nd, due to the format, the candidates were really under no obligation to ANSWER the questions asked, so instead (and predictably) they heard that the questions was about taxes - so they launched into their prepared tax speech, the war - their prepared war speech, gay marriage - their prepared gay marriage speech, rather than sticking to the YouTubers question. Everyone predicted this...but seeing it in action just made you think - Why the hell am I watching this tripe?

3rd, some of the questions were just so dumb, it made me realize once again how glad I am that the majority of Americans usually don't vote. The majority of the people in this nation have no idea who anyone on that platform was (with the exception MAYBE of Obama and Hillary...but only cause hot girls on YouTube shake their boobs while singing about them) let alone had any real awarness of what their political platforms were. I could have gotten up there...bullshitted the right answers...and come out ahead of Barak or Hillary or Biden...its just sad.

7. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

It is style over substance

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,404
    Are you serious???

how do you hit "Submit Reply" sometimes without even worrying about how fucking stupid you'll look?

So i guess the Republican debate questions will be exclusively submitted by Michelle Malkin's crowd?

9. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The questions were from the kook left of the party

A talking snowman asking about global warming

LOL

At least with the Republicans you saw reasonable questions being asked that actually were worth asking

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,404
    The republicans don't have their youtube debate until September, RSR.

Isn't that what this thread is about? The Youtube debate?